Sign in to follow this  
Bird Table

Credit to Swansea...

They looked like the first team this season who had actually done their homework on us. How many times this season have we taken the home team by surprise by how positive we are? Swansea played like the away side and to be fair scored two very good goals. They rode their luck and every Swansea fan will know deep down that they were beaten by a far better side. We should take the positives from this and move on.

If we don''t claim 2nd place I hope Swansea do. Partly because they play attractive football but mainly because they are the one team who are set up perfectly to beat the diamond. Quick wingers, attacking fullbacks, two holding centre mids who can spread it wide.

We were very lucky to beat them at home and they deserved the win at theirs.

[quote user="Being Jan Kristiansen..."]If we don''t claim 2nd place I hope Swansea do. Partly because they play attractive football but mainly because they are the one team who are set up perfectly to beat the diamond. Quick wingers, attacking fullbacks, two holding centre mids who can spread it wide.

We were very lucky to beat them at home and they deserved the win at theirs.[/quote]Agreed. While I hope we go up automatically, I think we are far better placed to beat the likes of Reading, Cardiff and Leeds over two legs than Swansea. Think we matched them in the game, but defensively they were pretty solid.Still.. Second place with 6 games to go - Who''d have thunk it?

I have to agree, I was impressed with Swansea''s performance today, they actually started the game very shaky for first 10-15 minutes, we put good pressure on their players as they tried to play from the back and made it very difficult for them, we had a couple of chances to take the lead but didn''t take them and then crucially Swansea took the lead through a great free kick and were pretty much in control from then on. Could have easily been more than 2-0 up by halftime. Second half they stopped pressuring from the font and allowed us time on the ball until we got into their half when they would press but retain their solid unit at the back. You can see why they don''t concede many goals at home.

Swansea are a good side that try to play the right way. Probably the best team that has played at Carrow Rd this season in my opinion, so maybe things have evened up after we pinched the points that day.Still hard not to be disappointed. But nothing in life that''s worth having comes easy.Now to get up off the canvas and bury Watford.

Credit to the Swans, they''re a class side...better than QPR I''d say.

Captain Fantasic had an off day today.

Completely different game had we taken our early chances. Their goal, and their pressure on the ball undermined our confidence.

Thought bringing Pacheco off was a mistake, unless for fitness or ''Wesley'' reasons. He was the one player who looked like creating anything.

I''m going to disagree with the majority on here; Crofts was good IMO. Ward terrifies me, too mentally slack & error prone.

Just a bad day at the office. We do need Wesley or Pacheco, our game needs a playmaker.

What struck me most about today was the importance of players taking responsibility and trying to make things happen. Hools usually does, Pacheco tried to, Crofts too,....not many others though.

the teams movement was poor today, but it could just be the kick up the bum we need for the run in.  

[quote user="Bird Table"]They looked like the first team this season who had actually done their homework on us. How many times this season have we taken the home team by surprise by how positive we are? Swansea played like the away side and to be fair scored two very good goals. They rode their luck and every Swansea fan will know deep down that they were beaten by a far better side. We should take the positives from this and move on.[/quote]I meant to say that Swansea had beaten a far better side, but I''ve been sitting in the sun all day and drinking heavily. So... y''know.

[quote user="Bird Table"][quote user="Bird Table"]They looked like the first team this season who had actually done their homework on us. How many times this season have we taken the home team by surprise by how positive we are? Swansea played like the away side and to be fair scored two very good goals. They rode their luck and every Swansea fan will know deep down that they were beaten by a far better side. We should take the positives from this and move on.
[/quote]

I meant to say that Swansea had beaten a far better side, but I''ve been sitting in the sun all day and drinking heavily. So... y''know.
[/quote]

This looks like one of the more sensible Swansea threads.

I agree completely that they had "done their homework" and in particular the attention they gave to our full backs. Tierney and Martin were marked by the wider midfield players who tracked them when we had the ball which stoped not only our attacking width but also when Crofts etc were looking for an outlet pass the full backs were deep. Swansea''s shape was excellent throughout.  

That said, an outstanding free kick (not criticising Ruddy but why did he lead with his lower hand?) , and the second from a player that hasnt scored all season does give you the impression that it wasnt our day. We could/ should have scored a couple ourselves.

We did miss Wes though.....

I thought yesterday was the first time since his injury that we really missed Barnett. Ward and Whitbread never looked comfortable against their pace........and I wuld agree that Swansea would be very difficult opponents in a playoff situation