Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Player Ratings- from watching on sky

Not a good result at all today, unfortunate to have lost 3 0 but we most defiently deserved to lose on that performance. I have not seen all city''s game this season but from what i have seen the first half was by far the worst half of football we have played all year.Ruddy- 6 (nothing could do about the goals- except the last one when he seemed to kick over the ball, but game was already dead and buried)Martin- 6 (not his usual self bombing forward, dealt with the wingers ok though)Whitbred- 3/4 (one of the worst CB performances i have seen at Norwich in a a while, was not up for it at all today misplaced pases, no pace one good tackle all game)Ward- 5 (Not as bad as Whitbred, but that would have taken something special. Didn''t look up for it, just to slow)Tierney- 7 MoM (kept on trying and didn''t give up, defending solid enough and got forward well)Fox- 6 (hard to comment didn''t see him do too much, sprayed some good balls around 2nd half though)Crofts 6 (worked hard and got some good tackles in, our midfield was just 2nd best today)Lansbury- 6 (worked hard as ever, didn''t fill Wes'' boots today though when it was needed)Surman- 4/5 (very poor after a very impressive performance against Scunny- I think however that Lappin should have started this game)Holt, Pacheco- 6 (neither of them in the game at all really)Jackosn- 6 (gave us more today than any other forward, but not saying much)All round very poor performance, went for it in the 2nd half but just didn''t really create anything. We were outplayed today.Good news- 6 wins from 6 games and we still go up

The one disappointment for me today was Surman, he looked slow and misplaced a few passes which he would usually complete. Korey looked very lively when he came on, and although I believe Surman will start on Tuesday, he will come under heavy pressure from Korey and Lappin if he has another poor performance.

Other than that, pretty poor all round. Onwards and upwards for Tuesday though, another day and a completely different game!

Pretty much agree with all those ratings although I don''t think Tierney had a particularly good game at all, was guilty of giving the ball away needlessly a few times, got forward a bit but wasn''t a threat. Whitbred looked out of his depth today he had a shocker, needs to put this performance behind him for tuesday game against Watford.   

thought Crofts had his worst game all season - gave the  ball away far too much - but the so many players did!Didn''t really get our passing and movement together at all today.Can''t believe we will be that bad against Forest though!Still second.OTBC

[quote user="priceyrice"]Not a good result at all today, unfortunate to have lost 3 0 but we most defiently deserved to lose on that performance. I have not seen all city''s game this season but from what i have seen the first half was by far the worst half of football we have played all year.Ruddy- 6 (nothing could do about the goals- except the last one when he seemed to kick over the ball, but game was already dead and buried)Martin- 6 (not his usual self bombing forward, dealt with the wingers ok though)Whitbred- 3/4 (one of the worst CB performances i have seen at Norwich in a a while, was not up for it at all today misplaced pases, no pace one good tackle all game)Ward- 5 (Not as bad as Whitbred, but that would have taken something special. Didn''t look up for it, just to slow)Tierney- 7 MoM (kept on trying and didn''t give up, defending solid enough and got forward well)Fox- 6 (hard to comment didn''t see him do too much, sprayed some good balls around 2nd half though)Crofts 6 (worked hard and got some good tackles in, our midfield was just 2nd best today)Lansbury- 6 (worked hard as ever, didn''t fill Wes'' boots today though when it was needed)Surman- 4/5 (very poor after a very impressive performance against Scunny- I think however that Lappin should have started this game)Holt, Pacheco- 6 (neither of them in the game at all really)Jackosn- 6 (gave us more today than any other forward, but not saying much)All round very poor performance, went for it in the 2nd half but just didn''t really create anything. We were outplayed today.Good news- 6 wins from 6 games and we still go up[/quote]

I think Ruddy should have done better with all the goals to be honest - wouldn''t give him more than a 4.

Ward was allright I thought and agree that Whitbread was dreadful - his worst game for us.

Don''t think Lansbury was worth more than a 3 - thought he was completely hopeless; just ponced around giving two yard passes and just ignored his man for their crucial second goal and let him shoot. I''d have hauled him off at half time.

Swansea played us very well - didn''t deserve to win by 3, but both Pacheco and Holt should have scored with some ease and if they had it would have been very different.

If we play like that, we will lose against any team in this league, and we were never really in it after the second goal.

Disappointing but I can''t imagine that Lambert will let that happen again. Win the next three and we can stop worrying!

[quote user="Captain Fantastic"]Tierney our MOM?

My MOM was Jackson, only one who looked like he wanted to score, Tierney got caught in possession by Dyer so many times I lost count.[/quote]For me it was between Tierney or Jackson. I thought in the second half Tierney was just involved in more of our plays than any player and he was up against Dyer who i rate very very highly and who worked his bloody socks off today- if we go up i wouldn''t mind seeing him bought in. He did get caught out a few times, but as did everyone, we were just a couple of gears below Swansea today.Shame about Whitbred because i really rate him. Cant say the same about Ward, makes to many mistakes too often. Its quite interesting looking at the difference between this team and Worthys when we got promoted, that season we had an awesome defence and that is what took us to the prem, this year it''s going to be our attackers that take us there, but the defence really needs shoring up. I think when we play with two attacking full backs we at least need some pace at CB to cover for them. Barnett could be the biggest miss of the season.I am staying positive anyway, hopefully this was just a blip and will give the players a right kick up the arse to go on and finish this season off with 5 wins out of 6

just saw the Tierney comment - thought he was as bit scared by the pace of the forwards today - he backed off too much. without getting a foot in.  Drury has done that in the past - but wouldn''t now - never does.Have thought Tierney has been good since he came in - but I''m actually wondering if we need  some experience there for the run in?

I think in general my marks could be lower all round, just didn''t want to be too negative haha, im staying positive for the remainder of the season. The first half must have been our worst half under Lambert yet, curious to hear his team talk- i expect it will just be Swansea outplayed us but we will pick ourselves up for the Watford game

Ruddy- 6 MOTM (kept the score down for sure!) - Cannot be blamed for any of the goals, and made some very good saves. Left in positions he shouldn''t have by dreadful defending in front of him.

Martin - 6 - Sinclair beat him every time, didn''t get forward today, otherwise solid

Whitbred - 3 - Terrible does not describe todays performance. I was grimacing, thinking it couldn''t possibly get worst, then he simply gifts Priskin a goal. Dumbfounded.

Ward- 5 - Fairly solid, but him and Whitbread looked totally out of sorts, constantly getting caught by the ball over the top or in between them. Simply cannot defend this badly and expect to get something from the game.

Tierney- 7 - Agree with OP he was our only outlet in the second half. Decent shift.

Fox- 5 - Completely anonymous, bad passes.

Crofts 6 - Worked hard, but his first touch was woeful today, played better second half.

Lansbury- 4 - Poor today, I''d have taken him off at half time along with Surman. Didn''t track back for the second goal - just shows how much work Hoolahan really does for the team.

Surman - 4 - Poor today, never really got into the game.

Holt 6 - Completely marked out of the game, put in a few good crosses, should have scored.

Pacheco- 6 - Never got deep enough to create anything, tried to walk it through the defence time after time. For christ sake, have a shot!!

Jackosn- 7/8 - Worked hard in the second half, unlucky not to get a clean chance.

Overall, our first no show of the season. Lets hope it is our last too.

Ha ha! how people get annoyed because Zak Whitbread didn''t stop TPriskin to score. What about the vital interception he made late on when Tierney was caught out?

Some people on here judge players from a 10 second phrase in play. Watch the whole 90MINUTES!!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Ha ha! how people get annoyed because Zak Whitbread didn''t stop TPriskin to score. What about the vital interception he made late on when Tierney was caught out?

Some people on here judge players from a 10 second phrase in play. Watch the whole 90MINUTES!!!

[/quote]Banana i commented on that tackle, but it wasn''t just tierney caught out, he was too, but he did make a good covering tackle. If you watched Whitbred over the whole 90 mins there is no way you can say that that performance was anything better than utterly shit!

Am I the only one who actually thought Pacheco had a decent game today, for me he was by far our most threatening player, looked like the only player on our side who could create something today, so I was very disappointed when Lambert took him of as I thought he was getting  more into the game as it went on.

Did not notice Whitbreads ''awful'' performance today, in fact didn''t think he was any worse than Ward. Seem to remember Whitbread making a vital sliding interception to stop Borini shooting one on one in the final minute of the first half.

And Russell Martin kept Sinclair quiet today! I don''t recall Sinclair having a decent effort on goal bar one straight at Ruddy, and can''t remember him setting anyone up for a decent chance neither!

Whitbread awful !! he didn''t lose a header until Priskin came on and was as good as anybody (except Martin who as has previously been said was very effective defensively.

Swansea are a good side at home and against good teams. if we had played more like Preston and got about them then it could have been different.

If I had offered you 2nd place and a point clear after this game a fortnight ago none of you would have turned that down. Today we have lost 3 points that''s all.

[quote user="Largey"]Did not notice Whitbreads ''awful'' performance today, in fact didn''t think he was any worse than Ward. Seem to remember Whitbread making a vital sliding interception to stop Borini shooting one on one in the final minute of the first half. And Russell Martin kept Sinclair quiet today! I don''t recall Sinclair having a decent effort on goal bar one straight at Ruddy, and can''t remember him setting anyone up for a decent chance neither![/quote]

I can''t remember Zak Whitbread losing a header all day either!

I didn''t think we were that much worse than Swansea. Playing badly and losing is one thing, playing alright and finding yourself 2-0 down is another, especially 2 goals that on another day could just as easily have screwed wide. The only real complaint I have with our performance today was that we seem to be getting caught up in our own hype of being a slick passing outfit.

We started brightly but it just seemed that the early goal(s) totally rattled us and we never really played anything like our best football after that.

There were very few good performances in our side. I was surprised Lansbury played the whole game - he was poor from start to finish. I expected Surman to make way because he had been poor too but for Lansbury to stay on the pitch was a bit surprising.

Moreover, I''m not sure why Pacheco was taken off just as he was starting to get into the game and then I''m even less sure why Korey came on and not either Lappin or McNamee. Korey did ok but surely it would have made sense to bring on a player who would give us natural width and get the ball into the box - especially when we''ve got Holt and Vokes to hit.

Defensively Ward and Whitbread looked a yard too slow too often and Whitbread was weak/casual all too often.

Not having Wes Hoolahan was quite simply a massive loss for us - his importance to the team couldn''t have been better highlighted than it was today.

Although Ruddy wasn''t directly at fault for any of the goals, I felt he should have done better with at least 2 of them. The original shot for the 2nd goal seemed fairly tame and he palmed it right back into the danger area and how he managed to miss both the ball and the player for the 3rd is just odd, did he pull out of the challenge?

Ruddy - 5. Poor day at the office, embarassing for third goal and should have reacted quicker for the free kick.

R Martin - 5. Struggled with pace of the game.

Ward - 6. Thought he was okay.

Whitbread - 4. Almost expected him to be brought off at half-time.

Tierney - 5. Struggled with Dyer but never let his head drop.

Fox - 6. Managed to stay calm when everyone were running about like headless chickens.

Crofts - 4. Couldn''t string a pass together.

Surman - 4. Non-existant.

Lansbury - 6. Perked up in the second half, lacked the killer pass.

Holt - 4. Dn''t want to slag him off but he was awful in my eyes today. Missed a couple of sitters and he will agree that he was nowhere near his standard.

Pacheco - 3. Maybe harsh but I didn''t see him do anything of value other than the early shot.

Jackson - 7. MOM. Sparked life into the team but couldn''t find an opening.

Smith - 7. Unlucky not to score and gave our midfield more balance.

Vokes -5. Always shot when he had better options.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

Ruddy - 5. Poor day at the office, embarassing for third goal and should have reacted quicker for the free kick.

Fox - 6. Managed to stay calm when everyone were running about like headless chickens.

Holt - 4. Dn''t want to slag him off but he was awful in my eyes today. Missed a couple of sitters and he will agree that he was nowhere near his standard.

Pacheco - 3. Maybe harsh but I didn''t see him do anything of value other than the early shot.

[/quote]

your rating are soo wrong its shameful. just because we lost doesn''t mean dock them all 3/4 points!

Ruddy - 6

R Martin - 6

Tierney - 7

Whitbread - 4

Ward - 5

Fox - 6

Crofts - 5

Surman - 5

Lansbury - 4

Holt - 6

Pacheco - 6

Subs

Jackson - 6

Vokes - 5

K Smith - 6

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

[/quote]

your rating are soo wrong its shameful. just because we lost doesn''t mean dock them all 3/4 points!

[/quote]

So you are saying Surman, Holt and Crofts deserve an 8 and Lansbury a 10? Get a grip. I thiught we were poor today and I have a right to express that. To be honest I don''t really respect your opinion anyway.

Something that surprised me a bit was that Vokes looked no sharper today than he did last weekend.

ROFL what white stick wielding monger gave Jackson MoM ???Funniest thing I''ve read on here in ages that.Frankly its unfair to give ratings judged on a Tv performance because you miss so much of the game and can''t honestly judge what the players were up to off the ball etc. You see what the camera lets you !!I think the team performed quite well, a little sloppy across the board but frankly Swansea hit a couple of true wonder goals and thier keeper had a stormer.Come on guys, this lot have conceeded 9 NINE goals at home this season.It is not due to luck either is it ? There keeper could easily find employment in the Prem I reckon and Dyer was as much as a handfull as Wes !!Its unfair to give ratings...Martin / Ward ( one of the two camera angle made it unclear) gets a 10 based purely on the trip on Priskin as he peeled off to celebrate his tap in.... that was class !!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]ROFL what white stick wielding monger gave Jackson MoM ???Funniest thing I''ve read on here in ages that.Frankly its unfair to give ratings judged on a Tv performance because you miss so much of the game and can''t honestly judge what the players were up to off the ball etc. You see what the camera lets you !!I think the team performed quite well, a little sloppy across the board but frankly Swansea hit a couple of true wonder goals and thier keeper had a stormer.Come on guys, this lot have conceeded 9 NINE goals at home this season.It is not due to luck either is it ? There keeper could easily find employment in the Prem I reckon and Dyer was as much as a handfull as Wes !!Its unfair to give ratings...Martin / Ward ( one of the two camera angle made it unclear) gets a 10 based purely on the trip on Priskin as he peeled off to celebrate his tap in.... that was class !![/quote]Whats wrong with giving Jackson MoM, he worked endlessly when he came on, just had no clear cut chances for him?I also disagree slightly with ur comment about rating players from watching on sky, i often think through watching on tv you getter a better perspective of how players play, you see a lot of things you miss when at the game and get a better angle of things on tv, however you are right about missing the positioning and runs, thats something you can pick up at the game better.I missed the first 10 mins so missed our chances then (inc the keepers double save he made at the start), but we didn''t go on to test thier keeper untill the double save he made again later on and even that wasn''t as great as it was made out, he got up quickly from the first, but the second shot was too close to him, should have been put into the corner. I have no idea who''s shot it was. But in my opiniuon thier keeper wasn''t a stand out or anything, he had a good game, but if he had let a goal in from our chances he would have been disapointed.It was game over at 2 0 down, Swansea are so hard to break down at home, which is why we created very little in the second half. I agree with what someone else said- we should have bought Mcnamme on today i think.Also to those rating vokes, he just had no chances today, not his fault, so it''s hard to say whether he looked any good or not, i think.

I was at the match (second away game i''ve gone to, both losing by a 3 goal margin)Ruddy 6 - Good saves, kept the score down.R.Martin 6 - Kept one of the best wingers in his pocket all game, didn''t seem to get forward though.Whitbread 3 - The worst performance from a center half I have seen in a while, made like 1 tackle all game, passing was awful, got caught on the ball alot.Ward 4 - Poor, kept passing amongst the back which was very frustrating (same with Whitbread), got better in the second half when he seemed like he was playing as a winger! o.oTierney 6 - Kept Dyer quiet, got forward well.Fox 6 - Kept passing back, passing was ok, seemed to win everything in the air.Crofts 6 - Did well the first half but not so well the second.Surman 5 - Barely noticed him, when I did passing didn''t seem to good.Lansbury 6 - Made some decent balls but got caught on the ball a few times.Pacheco 7 - Not as good as last week but did well, used his skill to his advantage, made some good through balls etc, didn''t seem to shoot though.Holt 5 - Should of scored, didn''t really get in the game either, for a target man i''ve been noticing that he barely wins any headers!Jackson 8 - Seemed like the best player on the pitch, the only player that seemed to of turned up that day.Smith 7 - Did well when he came on, good passing, but not too much time to impress.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]I was at the match (second away game i''ve gone to, both losing by a 3 goal margin)Ruddy 6 - Good saves, kept the score down.R.Martin 6 - Kept one of the best wingers in his pocket all game, didn''t seem to get forward though.Whitbread 3 - The worst performance from a center half I have seen in a while, made like 1 tackle all game, passing was awful, got caught on the ball alot.Ward 4 - Poor, kept passing amongst the back which was very frustrating (same with Whitbread), got better in the second half when he seemed like he was playing as a winger! o.oTierney 6 - Kept Dyer quiet, got forward well.Fox 6 - Kept passing back, passing was ok, seemed to win everything in the air.Crofts 6 - Did well the first half but not so well the second.Surman 5 - Barely noticed him, when I did passing didn''t seem to good.Lansbury 6 - Made some decent balls but got caught on the ball a few times.Pacheco 7 - Not as good as last week but did well, used his skill to his advantage, made some good through balls etc, didn''t seem to shoot though.Holt 5 - Should of scored, didn''t really get in the game either, for a target man i''ve been noticing that he barely wins any headers!Jackson 8 - Seemed like the best player on the pitch, the only player that seemed to of turned up that day.Smith 7 - Did well when he came on, good passing, but not too much time to impress.[/quote]Think this tended to coincide with what i saw on tv. I don''t know how anyone can back Whitbred''s performance, it was diabolical but i am sure it was just a one off. I actually thought Edwards might be bought on before half time, something seemed up with him, didn''t even look up for it.Seemed like a good atmosphere there though.Think the one thing we need to learn is that you are obviously bad luck and you MUST keep away from any more city away games this season! ha