Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

The Grand National

I know its not Norwich related but its worth a thread, everyone has a bet on a horse but who have you gone for?

I''ve gone for BlueSea Cracker [y]

want some easy money get on westendrocker ew at 33-1

oscar time to win its 14-1

one rule in the grandnational always take the price

anyone else got any tips

Follow follow follow. Follow the boys in yellow

Yellow and Green the world''s best team and its winning the National we do!

A yellow and green double...JP McManus and City both to win today.[:)]

[quote user="Herman "]I was looking at west end rocker,also State of Play.[/quote]

west end rocker will be about 14-1 when it starts, get your bets on early

Gone for, Dont Push It, Ballabriggs, Bluesea Cracker, Cant Buy Time and King Fontaine, only because the jockey''s are wearing green and yellow jerseys, do it every year. OTBC

[quote user="question marks"][quote user="Herman "]I was looking at west end rocker,also State of Play.[/quote] west end rocker will be about 14-1 when it starts, get your bets on early[/quote]

[Y]Just got it at 34s.41s for State of Play. 365 are doing the first 5 on each ways.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="question marks"][quote user="Herman "]I was looking at west end rocker,also State of Play.[/quote] west end rocker will be about 14-1 when it starts, get your bets on early[/quote]

[Y]Just got it at 34s.41s for State of Play. 365 are doing the first 5 on each ways.

[/quote]

Will Hills doing first 6 I do believe!

State of play, big fella thanks, oscar time, Don''t push it and West end rockerGotta stand a good chance!!

[quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[:O]Blimey,don''t they want to make any money?

CaptnCanary wrote the following post at 09/04/2011 1:30 PM:

Herman wrote:

question marks wrote:

Herman wrote:

I was looking at west end rocker,also State of Play.

west end rocker will be about 14-1 when it starts, get your bets on early

Just got it at 34s.41s for State of Play. 365 are doing the first 5 on each ways.

It''s Victor Chandler bookies that are doing first 6.

[quote user="Harry"]v neck sweater is a good bet, he''s a good jumper.
[/quote]

Except when he gets to Becher''s Brook where he''ll need a pullover.

Put my money on Westend Rocker, so it''s gonna be a donkey and end the race sometime next week lol.  Been around horses all my life and had a racehorse, but can never pick a winner lol 

Good luck everyone [Y]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Harry"]v neck sweater is a good bet, he''s a good jumper.[/quote]

Except when he gets to Becher''s Brook where he''ll need a pullover.

[/quote]Creosote is another good bet, great at going over fences

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Put my money on Westend Rocker, so it''s gonna be a donkey and end the race sometime next week lol.  Been around horses all my life and had a racehorse, but can never pick a winner lol 

Good luck everyone [Y]

[/quote]

[:D]I know the feeling.It''s pot luck with this one and that''s why nearly everyone loves it.

And let''s hope the horses get through safely.

I loved watching the horses that had fallen and without the jockey were keeping up with the leading pack. Just shows Horses are athletes also. Great Stuff.

1st and 3rd get in there, hopefully that means we will win today 1-3. Done it that way round as we are away lol and makes more sense

I selected several to choose my bets from then backed two* each way: Niche Market*, State of Play*, Ballabriggs, Backstage and Don''t Push It (scratched from my final four selection)How''s that for someone who knows very little about horseracing? [:P]

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]I loved watching the horses that had fallen and without the jockey were keeping up with the leading pack. Just shows Horses are athletes also. Great Stuff.
[/quote]

Sorry to put a dampner on everyones joys of winning a few bob, Two horses died yesterday for the sake of get rich quick people who know nothing about the horse, They have been on this planet far longer than we have 60.000.000 years and did ok with out us and only tollerate our presence now, they don''t need a jockey to make them run, you should see mine when they want to canter round field , I for one think  all type of horse raceing should be banned, but I am realistic enough to know it will never be banned, but what happens if jockeys lose thier lives.