Sign in to follow this  
bjg123

The unofficial Pink'un POTS award

Hello everyone! I thought it''d be good to run a Player of the Season award from the opinion of the posters over here. I''ve set up an email account for all nominations to be sent to, to make it easier to count them up. Here''s how the system will work:

You get 3 votes, a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. 1st gets 5 points, second gets 2 points, 3rd gets 1 point.

email your players and reasons to pinkunpots@gmail.com

Only nominations sent to this email address will be accepted.

You have 2 weeks to get your votes in. I''ll announce the winner the day after the Ipswich match.

Then post them here too :-) when I announce the top 3 I''ll use the best reason I''m emailed for each player.

So here goes my top 3.

1. Grant Holt

I tried hard to pick someone ahead of him, but I really can''t. He''s had another outstanding season and led the line brilliantly. Inspires the team and just such a huge part of the way we play.

2. David Fox

For me, he epitomises everything that''s great about this club at the moment. He''s essential to the way we play football. He makes our full-backs look like Cafu and Carlos with pin-point cross-field passes. He never gives up possession. He also works his arse off until the full-time whilstle, and gets stuck in. We plucked him from the bench of a League 1 team and have turned him into a Premiership quality player. Sums up the way Lambert goes about his business.

3. Wes Hoolahan.

What a player. Such a privilege to watch, has been outstanding all season and probably deserves the number 1 spot along with about 8 others.

1, Hoolahan - thats the only one that matters [y]

2, Holt - without his goals we wouldn''t be here.

2, Macnamee - think he has been outstanding, not a single player who has been subbed has moaned about the bench being cold [y]

Here''s a suggestion

player of the season ?

as the clue is in the title, perhaps the closing date might be better if it was at the end of the season

then a player can be judged on the season, not part of it

1) Grant Holt, Captain Fantastic has made the step up and proven all of his critics wrong. Im sure most League One and now Championship managers are scratching thier chins thinking.... Grant Holt... now why is that not a name my scouts handed me back in 2009 ?? Work horse and goal scorer best player on the pitch and really the only player who if injured we could not be without !!2) John Ruddy, some big boots to fill following Fraser Forsters cult status last season. He started a little bit wobbly but has really risen to the challenge and proven what a top rate keeper he is. Has made some fantastic saves this season and has easily saved us quite a few points. Another in a long line of fan favourite Goalies for Norwich ?? Big John... just dont go into management ;)3) Russel Martin, he has scored some crucial goals for us and is a real threat on that right wing. Very strong in both defence and attack he is always part of our play and should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Currently again un-replaceable for us !

The reason I choose these 3 is because I think they are the ones who have not only put the effort in but also are the ones who we would miss the most if injured.Wes has had a cracking season but go''s off the boil and despite his injury we have Lansbury , Pacheco and Chris Martin ( when fit)  who can play in the hole, sure Wes is probably everyones first choice but still.... replaceable !!! *cringe*Same goes for our back line : Ward, Barnet, Whitbread... all 3 fantasitc but I feel comfortable with any combination as opposed to... oh crud **** is injured !I think its very unfair to pick a player of the season this year as the whole team deserves it in all honesty !! Regardless of how this one ends I think we can all say  : Succesfull season boys !!!

[quote user="City1st"]Here''s a suggestion

player of the season ?

as the clue is in the title, perhaps the closing date might be better if it was at the end of the season

then a player can be judged on the season, not part of it[/quote]

I figured it was easier to do whilst the board was more active, and not awash with transfer rumours. It''s also just after the POTS for the leagues have been announced. By the time this is finished there''ll be 3 games to go. 43 games is enough to make a judgement I''d say.

If you haven''t got Wes in your top 3 you''re doing it wrong.

[quote user="GJP"]If you haven''t got Wes in your top 3 you''re doing it wrong.[/quote]But then again, not necessarily. In the first third of the season, Wes was blowing a little bit hot and cold; although he''s absolutely instrumental to the way we play now, at the start of the season (and at points last season) he wasn''t consistently at his best - getting caught in possession, running down blind alleys, picking the wrong pass or not passing at all. Since about October/November time he''s been awesome, but then again so have Russell Martin, Ruddy, Crofts, Fox and Holt. Any three from those six, really - who finishes 1/2/3 is entirely down to how you perceive things. For me (although I''m going to hold off on placing my votes until the next three games are done!):1) Holt2) Wes3) Fox

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Wes has had a cracking season but go''s off the boil and despite his injury we have Lansbury , Pacheco and Chris Martin ( when fit)  who can play in the hole, sure Wes is probably everyones first choice but still.... replaceable !!! *cringe*
[/quote]

im sorry, he is not replaceable.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Wes has had a cracking season but go''s off the boil and despite his injury we have Lansbury , Pacheco and Chris Martin ( when fit)  who can play in the hole, sure Wes is probably everyones first choice but still.... replaceable !!! *cringe*[/quote]

im sorry, he is not replaceable.

[/quote]Maybe so after yesterday, that said...I dont think many keepers in the land would have saved the first two, I was aplauding Ruddy''s first save when Gower toe punted it from distance, so really it was kinda fate ?!Also thier keeper was just on fire , would have liked to have tested him a bit more but what was shot at him he saved superbly !Just was not our day !And look on the bright side.... we didnt lose 4-1 to bottom of the league :) :)

1. Wes Hoolahan - He is absolutely vital to the team as he is the most creative player we have and it showed against Swansea how much we missed him.

2. Grant Holt - He has been great this season and like Hoolahan is vital to the team and he leads by example.

3. Andrew Crofts - Has had a great debut season and scored some vital goals for us and he just beats Russell Martin to 3rd place.

I have sent an e-mail

1. Wes. Two games without him, one point. Nuff said!2. Holt. 3. Cody... hang on... I meant Crofts [;)]