Sign in to follow this  
chris_sabian

New Kit

Definitely need this years yellow colour in next season''s kit - looks fantastic even on tv. Will be interesting to see how the new kit fits - the old kits have tended to be quite baggy so it might be a welcome change for some. I''m sure they''ll make larger shirts for those who need them - be stupid not to really. Just hope the new kit has a Prem badge on it;)

thought the new kit would have been released by now, McNally definitely said this month - hopefully it will come out in the next few days then with possibly the team wearing for the last game of the season

Me too..though it''s been a side-thought only at the moment with the current promotion-chase in progress. Maybe they''ll wait until after the last game is played at Coventry

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]Me too..though it''s been a side-thought only at the moment with the current promotion-chase in progress. Maybe they''ll wait until after the last game is played at Coventry[/quote]

Although I buy the home shirts, I''m not normally this fussed about a new kit - But I''m definitely looking forward to this one. With only a few days till the end of the season, surely they''ll have pics up of some of the players etc wearing it on the official site in the next day or two - Does seem a few weeks later then normal that we at least get to see it?

I think the fact it''s finally someone other than Xara makes it quite exciting (and obviously how well we''re doing). I got the current shirt as a present from my wife because she knew I loved this one more than most of the previous ones and she got our baby son one too (he''s got no chance of supporting anyone else![:P]) It''d just be good to see what the new one is like and who will be making it for us from now on (though it seems to be Errea).

I think we''ll at least be given the release date this week.What better time to release that sort of information when everyone involved in the club is on a total high? That, and that McNally said we''d hear something in April.

Aviva signed a four year deal for the start of the 2008-9 season, so any new sponsor wouldn''t be until the 2012-13 season at the earliest.

[quote user="alysha"]thought the new kit would have been released by now, McNally definitely said this month - hopefully it will come out in the next few days then with possibly the team wearing for the last game of the season[/quote]I can''t see that happening ☆alysha☆, if you were the boss of Xara would you allow the Club to wear another company''s kit for what could prove to be the day we clinch promotion to the Premier League whilst your company was still under contract?

would it be probably that they are waiting to see if we are in the premier league first before releasing the new kit design, maybe someone is a little suspicious and thinks that by showing the npower championship logo on it it could end up jinxing us but at the same time dont want to be overly pre-emptive by showing the Barclays logo on it....  Just a thought

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="alysha"]thought the new kit would have been released by now, McNally definitely said this month - hopefully it will come out in the next few days then with possibly the team wearing for the last game of the season[/quote]

I can''t see that happening ☆alysha☆, if you were the boss of Xara would you allow the Club to wear another company''s kit for what could prove to be the day we clinch promotion to the Premier League whilst your company was still under contract?
[/quote]

Think it will go on show at the Norfolk show, thats when they usually release them

Think we will wait till the Norfolk summer show

I''m sorry but I really don''t want City to wear their new kit at the last home game of the season. Given that this match could be win or die, the last thing the players needs is the distraction of a strange kit. Let''s leave it to the close season.

[quote user="JimRoyle"]I''m sorry but I really don''t want City to wear their new kit at the last home game of the season. Given that this match could be win or die, the last thing the players needs is the distraction of a strange kit. Let''s leave it to the close season.[/quote]

Agreed on that one and there''s no chance it''ll happen anyway. Why change anything just yet? I''d release it after last game of season - another thing for fans to look forward to if promoted