Sign in to follow this  
chris_sabian

New Kit

We will stick with the shirts we have then if it''s the skinny fit type shirt, simply no good unless you look stick thin.  So that''s almost £80 the club are losing for a start.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]The new kit is made by Errea.

[/quote]If we''ve gone Errea, it''ll look poxy.....

Canaries Utd seems too confident on this for my liking - Sounds like someone was at the meeting and is dishing the dirt ;)

Only slim, athletic people (i.e., footballers!) look good in Errea, and they don''t even make the same range of very large sizes you see other manufacturers producing. It''s an Italian thing, people are on the whole smaller in size than Brits, particularly the men. Prego.

[quote user="Canarino"]Only slim, athletic people (i.e., footballers!) look good in Errea, and they don''t even make the same range of very large sizes you see other manufacturers producing. It''s an Italian thing, people are on the whole smaller in size than Brits, particularly the men. Prego.[/quote]Not making clothes for fat people sets a good precedent. Force them to wear blankets or something; humiliate them into losing weight.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I must admit when this year''s kit was released last season I hated the yellow. Far too luminous. But it''s grown on me; looks a bit more canary yellow than gold.

I don''t rate Xara as a global brand but in all fairness to them, they''ve done a pretty decent job with most of our kits and will be sadly missed; especially if it''s Errea which makes Burrda and Lotto look like Armani.

Fingers crossed it''s Umbro or Puma...[/quote]

Umbro is owned by Nike.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Canarino"]Only slim, athletic people (i.e., footballers!) look good in Errea, and they don''t even make the same range of very large sizes you see other manufacturers producing. It''s an Italian thing, people are on the whole smaller in size than Brits, particularly the men. Prego.[/quote]Not making clothes for fat people sets a good precedent. Force them to wear blankets or something; humiliate them into losing weight.[/quote]

Hahaha, well, I think the club might lose a lot of money. The Errea XL is not XL as most football fans know it. Style over substance, that''s Errea!

For someone like me who''s a fairly slim build it''ll be nice to not have to wear a shirt that''s stupidly baggy on me for a change. If Errea make those style of kits bring em on I say.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Its like talking to brick walls, the new kit is not going to be Umbro, Nike, Adidas, Puma, ect... The new kit is made by Errea.[/quote]What proof have you got?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="a1canary"]What difference does it make who makes the thing!? So long as it looks ok? In fact, since we all know Nike get their clothes made by children in Cambodia, i''d rather have nothing to do with them! Most of the stuff i''ve got from them before is poor quality and over-priced, trading completely on the name and the blind brand loyalty of people who wet themselves as soon as they see anything with that poxy tick on it! Oo, that was fun![/quote]

i seriously hope you dont own a mobile phone made in a sweatshop in china if thats your attitude to Nike.
[/quote]

... Or any electronic equipment that contains Coltan, because the chances are that was mined in the Congo and people die for it...

Do we get to choose which children make the shirt ?I hear young Jim Ki Wong does some fantastic stitch work, frankly I dont want anyone else doing mine :-/

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]I didn''t realise until last weekend that we will be changing our kit every season now. It''s going to be hard to keep my 20 year collection going!![/quote]It''s only because the manufacturer''s changing, it is a shame because I do agree the one we have now is pretty good.

Just to clarify. Errea will not be manufacturing the kit and the kit will change annually from now on. otbc

[quote user="barclaystand"]We won''t be changing it every year.[/quote]

I was going to purchase a home kit for my cousin in Malta. I asked in the castle mall club shop when the new kit will be out, to which the bloke replied June. Said to the bloke in the store it''s a shame as the current kit has only been out one season. He said from now on there will be a new home and away kit every season "it''s an McNally initiative."

I''m not willing to claim this as fact, but that is what the bloke said to me in the Canary store!  

If it makes more money then so be it. It will be annoying but most of the crowd possess replica kits nowadays so they will buy them!

I follow Rugby League as well as football and my team (Leeds Rhinos) have had a new home and away shirt every year for the past 10 years. Most people still buy them, even at 40 quid a pop year in year out

I applaud the club changing the kit every season. Take as much money as you can from the fashion-starved fans who buy them.

[quote user="CTID"]Just to clarify. Errea will not be manufacturing the kit and the kit will change annually from now on. otbc[/quote]Just to clarify (as i broke the news about 6 weeks ago) Errea WILL be making the new kit, and it will NOT be changed annually.

Ipswich recently unveiled their latest effort-http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/12-kits/ipswich-town-2011-2012-mitre-home-kit.htmlMitre have chosen the interesting option of apparently giving them the same kit they had in 2008, with the addition of a collar which looks like something a hairdresser might turn out in. I mean, I know it''s not exactly a headstart being an Ipswich kit but I still think that is poor.I think what I''m trying to say is, regardless of the maker, is that it could still be worse. We could be Ipswich [:)]

Regardless of it being an Ipswich shirt, but boy that looks awful!! Who in there right mind thought of a collar like that!!!

Love some of the comments too, sunday league, kids football kit etc :)