Sign in to follow this  
chris_sabian

New Kit

If it''s Nike i will be first in line for one!

I only buy nike football boots, trainers and sportswear.

Would love it to be made by them. But i dont think it will be

[quote user="chris_sabian"]I believe will be Nike. I may be wrong, but it would be very nice if true I think![/quote]

Unless you can substantiate, why bother saying anything at all?

What difference does it make who makes the thing!? So long as it looks ok? In fact, since we all know Nike get their clothes made by children in Cambodia, i''d rather have nothing to do with them! Most of the stuff i''ve got from them before is poor quality and over-priced, trading completely on the name and the blind brand loyalty of people who wet themselves as soon as they see anything with that poxy tick on it!

Oo, that was fun!

I was at the meeting about the new kit and I''m now willing to reveal one of the details from the meeting that we swore to secrecy about......The new kit is currently being knitted by the Dereham WI.

[quote user="barclaystand"]I was at the meeting about the new kit and I''m now willing to reveal one of the details from the meeting that we swore to secrecy about......The new kit is currently being knitted by the Dereham WI.[/quote]Can we pre order? I love the designs of Dereham WI.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]I thought it was confirmed to be Errea? Or was that just a rumour?[/quote]Rumour.

I would like to point out I did not attend the club and fans meeting that was held about the kit. I would not want anyone to be under the impression that I was leaking details from the meeting, because I am not. If it turns out to be Nike, then I will explain my reasons, if not, then I will never predict again! :phttp://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/emoticons/emotion-4.gif

[quote user="a1canary"]What difference does it make who makes the thing!? So long as it looks ok? In fact, since we all know Nike get their clothes made by children in Cambodia, i''d rather have nothing to do with them! Most of the stuff i''ve got from them before is poor quality and over-priced, trading completely on the name and the blind brand loyalty of people who wet themselves as soon as they see anything with that poxy tick on it!

Oo, that was fun![/quote]i seriously hope you dont own a mobile phone made in a sweatshop in china if thats your attitude to Nike.

[quote user="scrapy33"]I really like the current kit, looks really bright and modern.[/quote]Agreed, I think its the nicest kit we have had in years, typical that they want shot of it! The new kit will have to be something special before I consider replacing my current one!

Who cares what the new kit is like?

It is the players who play in it and the league which it is played in that really matters...

OTBC

I''m not that bothered as to who makes it, just so long as it looks decent and doesn''t dissolve in the wash.Can anyone remember a time when there was such a collective hype around the release of a kit? I certainly can''t.

Nike have a well founded rep for it, Nokia don''t!http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nike+sweatshops&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&safe=on

All I hope for is a quality sportswear manufacturer. My 1st choice would be Canterbury closely followed by anyone of the big 5 sportswear brands, puma, nike, adidas, umbro or reebok.

One of my fondest kit memories was when Ipswich had their kit made by punch. My brother in law is a binner and every time he wore his shirt I used to rabbit punch him right on the punch logo. Irritating little berk!!

Sorry to say, given that Ipswich have their kit manufactured by them but Mitre would be my first choice. My team in Chile have Mitre shirts and I haven''t seen a recent Mitre kit that I don''t like. The problem with Nike, Adidas, Puma and the like is that they never deviate away from there standard templates - all the shirts look so generic..

As Morty and Scrappy say - they will have to go some to beat the current kit.

It looks good, particularly on tv. I hope they can retain the brightness of the yellow.

I haven''t bought the replica shirts for years now, prefer to just wear a retro style t shirt with no sponsorship. I do like the colour of the yellow on this years strip though and hope it remains in the new one

I must admit when this year''s kit was released last season I hated the yellow. Far too luminous. But it''s grown on me; looks a bit more canary yellow than gold.

I don''t rate Xara as a global brand but in all fairness to them, they''ve done a pretty decent job with most of our kits and will be sadly missed; especially if it''s Errea which makes Burrda and Lotto look like Armani.

Fingers crossed it''s Umbro or Puma...

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]The new kit is made by Errea.[/quote]

lets hope it''s not dire then :)