Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

Has Holty come off twitter?

I know not important in the great scheme of life but has Holty stopped posting on twitter??

Use to enjoy following him but havent had any lately and couldnt find when I searched

Anyone know (hucks???)

Maybe this is a sign that the new contract has gone to his head and now he is dreaming of being a premiership star doesnt want to communicate with the fans (NB this is a joke before loads of responses defending him!!!!)

I don''t tweet but someone said Holty stopped tweeting because a guy was stirring things after seeing on a night out in Norwich.

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]yes well he can also be an adult with a fun side of life too... you can be a grown up and still have fun whatever you like doing[/quote]Cluck cant.. he sits here moaning about "Grown ups with lives" has any one else spotted the irony in that...  if cluck was a "Grown up with a life" he wouldnt be bleating crap on here constantly would he!?

I would think that at this stage of the season, it''s a sensible move. I think the players will all be concentrating 100% on the run-in now. Maybe he''ll reappear after the end of the season!

I wonder if managers worry that players will "give something away" if they get drawn into conversations on social networking sites. I''m sure Holt is too sensible to do that, but maybe as captain he''s leading by example?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Snakepit Lass"]yes well he can also be an adult with a fun side of life too... you can be a grown up and still have fun whatever you like doing[/quote]Cluck cant.. he sits here moaning about "Grown ups with lives" has any one else spotted the irony in that...  if cluck was a "Grown up with a life" he wouldnt be bleating crap on here constantly would he!?[/quote]

If maturity ever arrives in your mentality you''ll come to understand how pointless and pathetic ''Twatter'' really is.Rather like platform shoes... the fashion will pass and you''ll look back one day and feel ridiculous that you ever bought into it.

I have no love of Twitter; I work in software and it is only really beneficial when linked to a website in order to drive Search Engine Optimisation. But outside of business it is even more banal. I think I must have been born in th wrong century; I am in my early 30''s and cannot understand how vacuous you''d have to be to think that people should be interested in shitty little soundbites. Unfortunately, people are.

@Jason_limp_Tackle: The sun is shining and I had bacon and eggs for breakfast. Yummy!!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

yeah, he left but henri lansbury is on john ruddy and andrew surman are too.

[/quote]

the Andrew Surman account isn''t genuine

" But outside of business it is even more banal. I think I must have been born in th wrong century; "

A breath of fresh air wafts in..... [Y]I don''t consider that you have been born in the ''wrong century'' based on those comments.... more like the inane and petty minded little Twitters shouldn''t have been born at all.

I agree with you on the Twitter thing, I wouldn''t feel the need to maintain a commentary on my daily activities. I deleted my FaceBook account when I started getting contacted by people to whom I hadn''t spoken for many years, and in most of those cases there was a reason why I''d let all contact slip away. It''s slightly threatening to know that people from your past (and total strangers) are silently perusing your comments and photographs.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]" But outside of business it is even more banal. I think I must have been born in th wrong century; "

A breath of fresh air wafts in..... [Y]I don''t consider that you have been born in the ''wrong century'' based on those comments.... more like the inane and petty minded little Twitters shouldn''t have been born at all. [/quote]Indeed (though i don''t intend on climbing back into my mothers womb any time soon).

[quote user="Canarino"]I agree with you on the Twitter thing, I wouldn''t feel the need to maintain a commentary on my daily activities. I deleted my FaceBook account when I started getting contacted by people to whom I hadn''t spoken for many years, and in most of those cases there was a reason why I''d let all contact slip away. It''s slightly threatening to know that people from your past (and total strangers) are silently perusing your comments and photographs.[/quote]

you can change your privacy settings [y]

im on twitter, its a bit of a laugh, im dont update it all the time only from 5pm onwards [;)]

Yes, you are right about the privacy settings on FB - but they kept changing things!

BTW, has anyone seen this article on the news? Seems like Paul Jewell is very cross with one of his (now ex) players for things he''s been saying on Twitter. See, it''s dangerous in the hands of some people!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13014565.stm

Yes, of course they can - but once it''s written, it''s in cyber-space for ever. If you get too relaxed about it all, it''s easy to forget that you''re not just having an online conversation with your mates, you''re actually posting to anyone in the world who wants to see it. Young people may not have much of a past when they are 15 or 16 and may feel that they live in the here and now and are just having a laugh - but when they are a few years older, they might think differently about their cyber-histories. I believe some employers already check social networking sites to find information about employees, or potential employees. I''m not suggesting that people shouldn''t use these sites, each to his own - but I think people should be careful.

Just for the record, the @AndrewNCSurman account on there is fake - Yet despite this fact being fairly well publicised, this imposter is still on there asking all his fans what he should be having for tea tonight etc!. Now I like seeing genuine players views on football as much as the next supporter, but I think it''s laughable that this character has got away with it for so long, the thing that grates me the most is the way so many young Canaries are thinking they''re chatting to their idol (who''s ''just got back from Vegas!'' and is stuffing his face with chicken chop suey as we speak) when infact what''s lurking behind the keyboard is probably our very own version of IpswichCrazy. I don''t think that''s on, and must admit that I''m very surprised the club have not had a word and put a stop to it. For the record, I believe there is a new one on there aswell... ''Wes Hoolahan''. I know it isn''t the real one because he''s following my mundane tweets.

[quote user="Alex"]Just for the record, the @AndrewNCSurman account on there is fake - Yet despite this fact being fairly well publicised, this imposter is still on there asking all his fans what he should be having for tea tonight etc!. Now I like seeing genuine players views on football as much as the next supporter, but I think it''s laughable that this character has got away with it for so long, the thing that grates me the most is the way so many young Canaries are thinking they''re chatting to their idol (who''s ''just got back from Vegas!'' and is stuffing his face with chicken chop suey as we speak) when infact what''s lurking behind the keyboard is probably our very own version of IpswichCrazy. I don''t think that''s on, and must admit that I''m very surprised the club have not had a word and put a stop to it. For the record, I believe there is a new one on there aswell... ''Wes Hoolahan''. I know it isn''t the real one because he''s following my mundane tweets.[/quote]Agree with all you''re saying mate. I''ve seen fake accounts for Surman, Holt & Hoolahan. It''s just sad & embarrassing that people would make these fake accounts, and they''re not even good fakes, e.g tweeting while the team are in Vegas. Worst of all, is that kids will tweet these accounts thinking it''s their heroes, when it''s most likely some sad lonely bloke, who feels the need to steal somebody''s identity.