Sign in to follow this  
canaries

4 Points from the last two games

Before the games against Preston and Leicester would you have taken 4 points? i know i would of.

If we can beat them we can beat anyone top 2 here we come!!!!

We are doing it the hard way though. If our home form was as good as the away stuff we would not be in this squeaky bum situation at all!Still, lets just enjoy the ride...

[quote user="NCFC1"]Before the games against Preston and Leicester would you have taken 4 points? i know i would of.

If we can beat them we can beat anyone top 2 here we come!!!![/quote]correct but the pressure is on to win the difficult game.Just look at what the table would like like had we won the 2 easier games.very frustrating but thats footy.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="NCFC1"]Before the games against Preston and Leicester would you have taken 4 points? i know i would of. If we can beat them we can beat anyone top 2 here we come!!!![/quote]

correct but the pressure is on to win the difficult game.

Just look at what the table would like like had we won the 2 easier games.

very frustrating but thats footy.
[/quote]

We may have had 4 more points if Holt had taken all of our penalties this season....... we''ll never know

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="NCFC1"]Before the games against Preston and Leicester would you have taken 4 points? i know i would of. If we can beat them we can beat anyone top 2 here we come!!!![/quote]

[/quote]

We may have had 4 more points if Holt had taken all of our penalties this season....... we''ll never know

[/quote]

We have won so many point when we shouldn''t have eg reading millwall it all works out. You can keep saying all these if''s. If I won euro millions I would not be going to work.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We may have won the league by now if we scored all our 1 on 1''s

[quote user="G"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

At least with Grant now as our penalty-taker I''m a lot more confident for future eventualities.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="G"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

At least with Grant now as our penalty-taker I''m a lot more confident for future eventualities.

[/quote]

What if he chips it?

[quote user="G"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="G"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="NCFC1"]Before the games against Preston and Leicester would you have taken 4 points? i know i would of. If we can beat them we can beat anyone top 2 here we come!!!![/quote]correct but the pressure is on to win the difficult game.Just look at what the table would like like had we won the 2 easier games.very frustrating but thats footy.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What if he chips it?

[/quote]He''s more likely to have chips with it. [:P]

[/quote]

3 + 1 still makes 4 whichever way round it is!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="NCFC1"]Before the games against Preston and Leicester would you have taken 4 points? i know i would of.

If we can beat them we can beat anyone top 2 here we come!!!![/quote]correct but the pressure is on to win the difficult game.Just look at what the table would like like had we won the 2 easier games.very frustrating but thats footy.[/quote]Yep, and just look at where we would have been without last minute winners against Milwall and Reading, and a last minute equaliser against promotion rival Cardiff. And imagine if we had signed Ashton at the start of our Premiership season - where could we be now?At the end of the day, it is all ifs, buts and maybes. We are where we are, which is well in contention for a top-two finish, so we need to look to push on from here and not worry about what could have been.I know on Monday that I will be right behind the lads despite our disappointing home form, and I''m sure you will be doing exactly the same Ricardo. Let''s hope everyone else feels the same!

[/quote]

Ricardo,

I don''t know how to tell you this mate, but listening to what the Leicester fans are saying about you on the BBC 606 site, well, your name is mud me old mucker [;)]

And it''s 8 from the last four games - two points per game. If that was maintained, - difficult, automatic promotion would be likely!

Surely Ricardo''s point is that we aren''t winning the "easy" games (although looking at Preston''s recent results I don''t think that counted as one) and that isn''t right. We play well against teams that try and play football but struggle when opponents dig in and scrap, and we need to fix this.

And it''s 8 from the last four games, or two a game and more than we were averaging all season!

If we can maintain this rate (whisper it) promotion becomes a real possibility. Leicester were to have been one of our tough matches, and we rose to the occasion.

Pity about the home points dropped, though.

People need to stop underestimating the so called lesser sides, even the sides at the bottom aren''t that far off the better sides and will come to frustrate. I agree we need to improve in regards to breaking sides down and not being sucker punched but some realism needs to be shown.