Sign in to follow this  
Hackney Canary

Here's what I think about our crowd...

Evening all. Fabulous result(s) tonight. I don''t often post on here, but I''ve had an account for a while (I had one before this, but lost the password) and I wanted to throw a few thoughts out about the crowd at Carrow Road.

I often read on here complaints about the crowd at Carrow Road. Now. I''m a Season Ticket holder in the Jarrold (I''ve been a regular since 1985, when I was 8) and when I read those posts I confess that I feel a certain amount of guilt. You see, I class myself as a passionate supporter (for 10 years I drove from London to Norwich and back for every home game), but I know that we as a stand sometimes don''t make enough noise. Sometimes we do, but often we don''t - the recent home games against Preston and Scunny being good (or bad) examples.

I''m not sure what to put it down to. When I go away from home, I''ll sing all afternoon. Same on the now rare occasions when I go in the Barclay. I suppose it''s something to do with the mentality of crowds: split the vocal ones up and they become less confident, less vociferous.

Anyway. Despite all that, what I mean to say is this: there are people in the Jarrold, like me, who will sing - and sing their hearts out - if there is noise coming from other parts of the ground. Perhaps it''s not fair to put all the responsibility on two areas of the ground, but, on Monday night, if the Snakepit and the Barclay set the tone, the Jarrold (and all the other corners of the ground) WILL follow.

I hope I''m not putting anyone''s noses out of joint with this, because I don''t intend to criticise anyone. The thing is, we''ve got a real chance of automatic promotion, and it will take all of us - players, fans and management - coming together in the best way we know to get us over the line.

OTBC.

[quote user="Hackney Canary"]Evening all. Fabulous result(s) tonight. I don''t often post on here, but I''ve had an account for a while (I had one before this, but lost the password) and I wanted to throw a few thoughts out about the crowd at Carrow Road. I often read on here complaints about the crowd at Carrow Road. Now. I''m a Season Ticket holder in the Jarrold (I''ve been a regular since 1985, when I was 8) and when I read those posts I confess that I feel a certain amount of guilt. You see, I class myself as a passionate supporter (for 10 years I drove from London to Norwich and back for every home game), but I know that we as a stand sometimes don''t make enough noise. Sometimes we do, but often we don''t - the recent home games against Preston and Scunny being good (or bad) examples. I''m not sure what to put it down to. When I go away from home, I''ll sing all afternoon. Same on the now rare occasions when I go in the Barclay. I suppose it''s something to do with the mentality of crowds: split the vocal ones up and they become less confident, less vociferous. Anyway. Despite all that, what I mean to say is this: there are people in the Jarrold, like me, who will sing - and sing their hearts out - if there is noise coming from other parts of the ground. Perhaps it''s not fair to put all the responsibility on two areas of the ground, but, on Monday night, if the Snakepit and the Barclay set the tone, the Jarrold (and all the other corners of the ground) WILL follow. I hope I''m not putting anyone''s noses out of joint with this, because I don''t intend to criticise anyone. The thing is, we''ve got a real chance of automatic promotion, and it will take all of us - players, fans and management - coming together in the best way we know to get us over the line. OTBC.[/quote]

Must have missed that one but I am looking forward to the upcoming game against Doncaster....[:)]