Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

mark on canary call

i thought he was spot on.. the team need support from everyone .. its march and we are 3rd in the league on goal difference , and sadly our impatient moaning home support could end up being the thing that costs us in the end 

Another thread moaning about our fans moaning!! Does it occur to you that some of the fans Boo because they are willing the team on, not because they like moaning? If you draw to the bottom team at home, then everybody start to cheer/clap after the game, this will send out a message telling the players that they can just turn up and will have done enough to get clapped and cheered. They only boo after the game, and i dont think this is really a bad thing, it shows we want the very best out of them every game, which isnt always possible, but have you ever noticed that after a poor performance/result, the crowd and media get on the teams back and they respond with a good performance the next week? They got booed after Donnie, poor press etc, dominated at Barnsley, Booed vs PNE, brilliant Tonight. Earlier in the season, we lost to Hull, then responded with great performances vs Leicester, Bristol City and QPR. We then lost to Palace after playing poorly, booed of the pitch, beat Boro next game etc.

[quote user="ryan1992"]Another thread moaning about our fans moaning!! Does it occur to you that some of the fans Boo because they are willing the team on, not because they like moaning? If you draw to the bottom team at home, then everybody start to cheer/clap after the game, this will send out a message telling the players that they can just turn up and will have done enough to get clapped and cheered. They only boo after the game, and i dont think this is really a bad thing, it shows we want the very best out of them every game, which isnt always possible, but have you ever noticed that after a poor performance/result, the crowd and media get on the teams back and they respond with a good performance the next week? They got booed after Donnie, poor press etc, dominated at Barnsley, Booed vs PNE, brilliant Tonight. Earlier in the season, we lost to Hull, then responded with great performances vs Leicester, Bristol City and QPR. We then lost to Palace after playing poorly, booed of the pitch, beat Boro next game etc.[/quote]If you''d heard Canary Call this thread has nothing to do with booing, the guy phoned in saying everyone needs to get behind the team vocally and was complaining that it was like a Morgue in the N+P (where he sits).

I think you will find 99.9% of the fans who booed after the Preston game were booing the Referee for his performance not the players.

[quote user="im spartacus"]absolutely spot on mate our home support is appalling[/quote]

I think the home support is more tense than appalling, expectations are so high at home and the crowd are nervous which makes the players nervous.

When we''re away expectations are lower, the fans are very vocal and never stop singing and the players play like they don''t have a care in the world.

Somehow we need to create that same electric atmosphere at CR although its difficult with only the Barclay and Snakepit really making much noise.

As an avid reader of many clubs forums, I can say that almost all of them have posts complaining about the level of support their teams sometimes get.

Norwich fans are the same as all other fans.

Sometimes noisy

Sometimes very noisy

Sometimes quiet.

Its the same everywhere.

Many times visiting managers and players say how good the atmosphere is at CR.

Neil Warnock says the place rocks and he loves it.

Cant argue with Neil, can we?

I''m getting a bit tired of people qualifying what their booing means. Players don''t consider what the f*uck it is the fans are booing about - they don''t have time. They just know that booing creates a negative atmosphere. Fair enough if you''re booing a particular refereeing decision because it is obvious to everyone that the referee is being booed. However, against Preston, the boos at the end could have been interpreted as being against the team, the manger, the board. Don''t come on here afterwards and say like a told off child "well I was booing the ref". Grow up.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Smudger?[/quote]

Nope. He was sat beside me with a dead phone during the period of the alleged offence your honour.

BURTON DUMMIES LOL

Probably the funniest comment I''ve seen on here for a bloody long time! Hilarious, then your follow up of ''they''d probably stay till the end'' I''m literally in tears! lol lmao!!!!!

There are very few grounds in the football league who have all sections of the crowd singing, Norwich prides itself on being a family and community club, and it is difficult for the kids to be heard and equally the elderly supporters just want to go and watch a game of football, leave their seat 10 minutes before half time to get a drink and something to eat, return 5 minutes after the 2nd half has kicked off then leave 10 minutes before the end. If they don''t mind paying £300+ for that per season it doesn''t overly bother me.

Fair play to the die hard fans though, keep up it guys and girls, let''s hope we''re rewarded before the end of the season, I might try and get hold of one of those dummies to take into the game next week....

why does singing for 90 mins make people better fans than others.

We have some of the worst songs in the entire league, when we sing always shit on the old blue and white when we are playing a team like hull or barnsley, it makes me cringe, and you can bet withing 20 seconds of the attendance being read out "whats it like to see a crows will be sung"

Now I am quite vocal and I sit in the N&P and for those of you that sit in the Barclay and Snake Pit, sometimes we can harldy hear you at our end.

The comemnts about children and the old are spot on they wont make as much noise, but on the flip side the team has to do something to get the crowd going, it is much easier to get a good song going if the team are playing well or if there has been incidents and fights and saves, the last couple of homes games have been so boring i can understand the crowd being quiet.

I don''t agree with the booing and it winds me up when fans moan and boo when we play keep ball and pass it around the back when we are winning.

Everybody wants the same thing norwich to be sucessful and all these threads regarding booing and singing are getting sill now.

[quote user="drurys dodgy knee"]I''m getting a bit tired of people qualifying what their booing means. Players don''t consider what the f*uck it is the fans are booing about - they don''t have time. They just know that booing creates a negative atmosphere. Fair enough if you''re booing a particular refereeing decision because it is obvious to everyone that the referee is being booed. However, against Preston, the boos at the end could have been interpreted as being against the team, the manger, the board. Don''t come on here afterwards and say like a told off child "well I was booing the ref". Grow up.[/quote]If people like you had common sense you would realise that a brief boo from the snakepit at the end of the Preston game followed by a chant of  "You''re not fit to Referee" was aimed at the Referee and not against the team, the manger or the board,  then  people wouldn''t have to clarify why there was booing.

If you think I sound like a "told off child" then it''s you that needs to do the growing up.

[quote user="Harry"]If people like you had common sense you would realise that a brief boo from the snakepit at the end of the Preston game followed by a chant of  "You''re not fit to Referee" was aimed at the Referee and not against the team, the manger or the board,  then  people wouldn''t have to clarify why there was booing.
[/quote]I should also imagine the team, manager and board would realise where the boos were directed too when they are followed by that chant!

Our support is not exactly appalling - but that caller on Canary Call had a very valid point. One that even Neil Adams couldn''t grasp - that our fans ARE too quiet at times.

Most fans are waiting for something to happen in each game before they decide to get behind the team. The caller said most around him in the N&P are sitting on their hands - and with 10 games to go they should help make CR more intimidating for the opposition.

We''re lying in joint second; surely we want to create every advantage we can to get maximum points?