Sign in to follow this  
rondy

Yellow cards / suspensions

afternoon all,Does anyone know the date at which 10 yellow cards for the season no longer equals a 2 game ban. I seem to recall that the clock gets reset (increased to 15 yellows for a ban to come into play) sometime in April but cant really remember and I cant find anything about it?At the moment, yellow cards as follows:Crofts 7Ward 7Holt 6Lansbury 6Lansbury''s picked up his 6 in double quick time, but the other 3 (and the rest of the team) have showed excellent disciple in the last few months and havent picked up many cards at all - Crofts / Ward and Holt were all on 5 by Xmas I think, so to only have picked up a couple of cards between them in nearly 3 months is a great return, and so crucially this hopefully wont lead to any suspensions during the all important run in..Can anyone confirm this for me? cheers otbc

5 CautionsIf a player receives 5 cautions between the first day of the season and 31st December they will be suspended for a period of 1 match and be fined £15. If a player receives a 5th caution after the 31st December they will be warned as to their future conduct.10 CautionsIf a player receives 10 cautions between the first day of the season and the second Sunday in April they will be suspended for a period of 2 matches and be fined £15. If a player receives a 10th caution after the second Sunday in April they will be severely censured and warned as totheir future conduct.15 CautionsIf a player receives 15 cautions playing between the first and last day of the season they will be suspended for a period of 3 matches and be fined £15.20+ CautionsIf a player is cautioned 20 times between the first and last day of the season they will be charged with continuing misconduct. For every 5 cautions they receive thereafter they will be charged with continuing misconduct.The suspension received is from ALL football and is cleared by the qualifying matches that he received the cautions for. For example, if a player receives 15 first team cautions they will be suspended from all football until the first team have completed the relevant number of qualifying fixtures.

Thanks for that Matt,So, second sunday in April takes us to the 10th.. only 4 games between now and then so fingers crossed that we will avoid any more suspensions (except for any red cards obviously) before the end of the season..  every little helps!

Good news that then as that would be after the Swansea game which is 4 games away. Any of the above players would have to pick up basically a booking a game to get a 2 match ban!

[quote user="way out west"]Fined £15!!!

I can understand this in local football, but shirley the fine must be higher for these over-paid professionals?
[/quote]

It is £15. And stop calling me Shirley.

(Sorry just couldn''t resist it) [:)]