Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Lansbury

No coincidence that we have produced this fantastic result with a more workmanlike line up, dont get me wrong he''s does have something to offer, Im sure he will go on to have a good career but at the moment the shape of our starting eleven is much better without him.

Yeah, I thought that the penalty disaster at the weekend covered up that Henri had played quite poorly. Wes still had a better game overall despite missing the penalty and then going to pieces. I felt that if anyone would be making way tonight then it would be Henri.

He has definitely got something to offer but the shape of midfield hasn''t always looked particularly good when we''ve gone with 5 in there.

I think he is too similar to Hoolahan in that respect, and, unfortunately for Henri, Hoolahan is the better player at the moment

[quote user="AJ"]I think he is too similar to Hoolahan in that respect, and, unfortunately for Henri, Hoolahan is the better player at the moment[/quote]

And he''s ours

This performance by the boys without Lansbury could be the kick up the ariss that he needs after some lapse perfomances by him.It certainly worked when Lambert dropped Hoolahoop, he then came back and was/is on fire!

Henri''s clearly a class player - when you compare him to some of the Premiership loan disasters we''ve brought in in the past, he''s a step up the evolutionary ladder. Even players like Gibbs and Bertrand, though talented, weren''t physically ready for the rigours of the Championship dogfight. Henri''s had a couple of average games, sure, and it''s coincided with Fox and Crofts both playing really well, but he still has a very important part to play in the last 10 games. He doesn''t strike me as the kind of player who will sulk - he knows he''ll be back to Arsenal in the summer, and he wants to put himself in the shop window, whether for Arsene Wenger or for anybody else. I agree with the OP, a rest could be exactly what he needed, and he''ll be well fired up next time he gets a chance.

I''ll be honest here, I''d put Korey Smith and Surman in front of him starting at the moment. He obviously is a very talented player, but he simply doesn''t bring all that much to the team, other than a lack of balance. You could argue that with Crofts on the right we don''t have much of a threat down there, well let''s let Russ bomb it down the right as much as he likes, with the likes of Crofts + Fox to cover?

Also I like Aaron Wilbraham, and very glad he has scored! [:)]

Agreed. leaving out Lansbury was the right decision. He has gone missing too much in games recently for my liking and hasn''t really justified his starting place. that said he has talent and I am sure will have a role to play between now and the end of the season. Pleasingly he was larking about on the pitch at half time and came over to the fans at the final whistle with the others so didn''t look to be sulking at all about being on the bench.

[quote user="Coelho"]Henri''s clearly a class player - when you compare him to some of the Premiership loan disasters we''ve brought in in the past, he''s a step up the evolutionary ladder. Even players like Gibbs and Bertrand, though talented, weren''t physically ready for the rigours of the Championship dogfight. Henri''s had a couple of average games, sure, and it''s coincided with Fox and Crofts both playing really well, but he still has a very important part to play in the last 10 games. He doesn''t strike me as the kind of player who will sulk - he knows he''ll be back to Arsenal in the summer, and he wants to put himself in the shop window, whether for Arsene Wenger or for anybody else. I agree with the OP, a rest could be exactly what he needed, and he''ll be well fired up next time he gets a chance.[/quote]

A rest? You man a kick up the backside.

Will his reaction be positive? I have my doubts but hope for the best.

OTBC

I think Lansbury is no doubt a very talented player with hugh potential but can go missing in some games, but what I love the most is that Lambert has had the balls to drop him (much like he did with Martin) which will hopefully give him that little extra spur to up his game and not to take his place forgranted.  Competion for places we have now is a massive plus, especially as we have a manager that has no regard for player reputations.  You play well you keep the shirt you dont someone else will come in its that simple.  Still want that other striker though!

[quote user="Ernie"]I think Lansbury is no doubt a very talented player with hugh potential but can go missing in some games, but what I love the most is that Lambert has had the balls to drop him (much like he did with Martin) which will hopefully give him that little extra spur to up his game and not to take his place forgranted.  Competion for places we have now is a massive plus, especially as we have a manager that has no regard for player reputations.  You play well you keep the shirt you dont someone else will come in its that simple.  Still want that other striker though![/quote]

Two thumbs up.

OTBC

One question was answered last night though, and that was whether there was anything in Lansbury''s loan deal that guaranteed that he must play. Obviously events have proven that there isn''t, and that makes me much happier as players should only be playing on merit.  

Do you really think Lambert would sign someone on loan under the condition he must start every game?! I think not!

The move to drop Wilby and bring in Surman was a great move by Lambert, to bring three of our most creative players (as soon as surman was fit) to play with Holt. It resulted in our team playing some good football (which recently we have struggled to do) and had our most talented technically gifted players on the pitch for the whole game.

I would agree Henri''s performance was a little under par last Saturday, but without him we would not have rolled up our sleeves against Leeds after being well out of the game at Elland Road and his winner against Millwall. I was surprised to see the change but I also understand the role of rotating the squad and that now, on the bench, we had a player who could come on for hoolahoops or surman if there was a need to replace rather than wearing all three out over 90 minutes.

A break for Wilby did him good. Low on confidence and I am certain surprised to have already played so many minutes due to Martins recent run and injury. Now Henri can be that impact player and certainly it is a player who can come on and make alot happen.

Think again it shows we have options and that certainly is a good thing with 10 games to go and the prospect of Martin returning who hopefully will be eager to be part of the very late run-in and challenging for a starting place, so goals from him.

Being ordinary makes his twattish celebration look even more ridiculous.

[quote user="Largey"]Do you really think Lambert would sign someone on loan under the condition he must start every game?! I think not![/quote]

No, I didn''t, but other posters on here have raised that question, and that is why I have posted the answer......

Like PL has said already, we are getting the ''young'' Lansbury - so he''ll need to be rested sometimes/dropped and then be given little runs in the team to contribute. He''s a great addition and has obviously helped our cause with his goals alone. Glad to have him until the end. Maybe we get him again if we go up

He must be on around 7 MC. Good man management by Lambert by giving him a rest. He can focus and recoup. Same for Drury hopefully, going to be hard to dislodge Tierney on this form.