Sign in to follow this  
tobz06

How much of a boost would a loan striker be now?

I think with 10 games to go, a premier league striker coming in to give us that extra push over the line would be massive for the club. Look at the buzz around the place when we signed hucks on loan!! Burnley snapped up delfouneso until the end of the season and someone of a similar pedigree (england u-21) or a player with shed loads of experience wouldl be priceless for the squad.

what are your thoughts?

couldnt agree more, it would be just the sort of thing to push us over the line. an old pro for me would be the best idea, i will say it again- kevin phillips would do nicely

I''m undecided. Yes, another option of pace and better finishing is needed. Would it have the effect on the dressing room & team that you''re expecting though?...this bunch really do it for each other. Our team ethic is probably our strongest asset, so I''d be careful who I''d be adding to that.

Having said all that, I''ll just undermine my argument and say Nugent please

Some boost if he has been playing regularly, but if he has been sitting watching a delayed boost only.

I noticed that Harewood scored for Preston, although against us his touch was OK but he lacked sharness.

There are two problems for a loan striker

1)How quickly could he adapt to our system and way of playing, and depending on his level of fitness? If it takes a few games, then we could suffer initially.

2) Assuming he would replace Wilbraham, there would presumably be no place for Lansbury, as Surman is beginning to look like the real article, as is Fox? Lansbury has been a goal creater on occasions, as well as scorer. Again the new striker would have to adapt fast.

I think that as time passes the contribution of the new striker becomes potentially less useful, because of the time for adaptation and the briefer period he is with us.

[quote user="Salopian"]Some boost if he has been playing regularly, but if he has been sitting watching a delayed boost only.

I noticed that Harewood scored for Preston, although against us his touch was OK but he lacked sharness.

There are two problems for a loan striker

1)How quickly could he adapt to our system and way of playing, and depending on his level of fitness? If it takes a few games, then we could suffer initially.

2) Assuming he would replace Wilbraham, there would presumably be no place for Lansbury, as Surman is beginning to look like the real article, as is Fox? Lansbury has been a goal creater on occasions, as well as scorer. Again the new striker would have to adapt fast.

I think that as time passes the contribution of the new striker becomes potentially less useful, because of the time for adaptation and the briefer period he is with us.[/quote]Harewood is at Barnsley not Preston.