Sign in to follow this  
minestrone

River End Upper 'call to arms'

There has been plenty of talk on here and Canary Call about home fans negativity and lack of noise in certain parts of CR. I have long held the view that when people go on about our fantastic support I get a bit frustrated that although many people turn up, compared to many clubs we are still generally fairly quiet.For particular reasons I sit in the River End upper with my son, in Block S. There are many up there that sit in silence, many I''ve noticed in Block R not even bothering to stand up to roar out OTBC at the start.Many, as many of you have noticed only make a sound to moan if the ball is not hoofed forward early enough. I really hope that from Monday night and through to the last game those of us that want to get behind the team can out number the rest. We can''t just leave it to the Barclay and Snakepit. Ther is too much to play for now! I look forward to seeing the revolution starting soon.

Me plus son sit in Block R and we roar.  One question tho re: the soup.  How do you get all the bits out of the flask?  I''ve started having cream of tomato, because I can tip the flask up and get all of the drips out.  Admittedly, it is a problem when there''s some action on the pitch, and I have had a few drops spilt on my blanket. 

We are in Block R too - and we roar! No soup, but I find the Bovril at half time is perfectly satisfactory,

To be fair there is a bit of noise from the back of R but there is a large area in the middle who definately seem very detached from the action.

I dont sing when 2 people go onto the pitch and start it makes us look like we need someone to start us fans singing.

I think its normal that the fans near the away fans sing more than the fans the other end of the stadium (the n&P)

I hate sitting in the River End, the fans are terrible. I a block of roughly 150 fans there must be about 15 of us that regularly sing whilst the prawn sandwich brigade look on in horror. Hoping to get a few seats in the Barclay next season.

If I wanted to sing I would join a choir ... I go to Carrow Road to watch football

[quote user="Pigs in Space"]If I wanted to sing I would join a choir ... I go to Carrow Road to watch football[/quote]

To see us win ? more singing = better atmosphere = more chance of getting 3 points .

It is a little known fact that the club regularly find stiffs in the River End* and all too often many rermain there for weeks before their family or friends come to collect them.

Rigor mortis is avoided by the simple expedient of soup and blankets. So what I suggest to Riverenders is that they look a little more closely at those sitting next to them on Monday night.

If they look like they have shuffled off their mortal coil then why not give them a poke with a sharp object to find out.

* N&P stand at Aviva Norwich City for the happy clappies

[quote user="Pigs in Space"]If I wanted to sing I would join a choir ... I go to Carrow Road to watch football[/quote]

And if you wanted to sit all day without making a noise you would become a nun.

I doubt any in the River end munch on prawn sandwiches. That phrase was aimed at an entirely different type. Not the semi silent fans but those at Old Trafford who were in attendance at the game as part of a corporate hospitality package that was just as likely to take the same guests to the opera, the racing as it was to football. ie they had no real commitment to or involvement in the game.

I think one of the problems is since the increase in capacity most fans can''t actually move their arms to clap.

I couldn''t agree more with the original poster but do draw the line at the orchetraed "on the ball City" at the start it''s cringe - worthy but it does raise money from the ones who want to do it.

I think the other issue is that the olduns (and I suppose I''m on the edge of this at late 40s) don''t have the same sense of "fun" as the younguns. Must say I love away days as there really is nothing like a good sing song.