Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Is There A Cap On Season Tickets This Year?

Ah, caps! I remember Sandy Kennon wearing his. All the keepers wore green polo-necked woollen jerseys in those days with the same shorts and socks as the rest of the team. They didn''t wear gloves either but they certainly caught the ball more than they do now.........

[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/BertTrautman.jpg[/IMG]

Now, what was it you said about tickets? [:^)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Ah, caps! I remember Sandy Kennon wearing his. All the keepers wore green polo-necked woollen jerseys in those days with the same shorts and socks as the rest of the team. They didn''t wear gloves either but they certainly caught the ball more than they do now.........

[/quote]Proper ''countryman'' caps.... not these twattish Yank inspired baseball caps people wear today.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Proper ''countryman'' caps.... not these twattish Yank inspired baseball caps people wear today.

[/quote]

Those were the days, I wore a flat cap Andy type no gloves and my playing days were early 60''s for Tamworth united and Redditch town and Wallsal . S/t were capped at 21.034 last season I think   

[quote user="Dan Druff"]

If there is I haven''t seen it anywhere. There must be one - does anybody know what the limit is on season tickets for next season?

[/quote]

The cap last season when the capacity was 26,000 was 21,500 so now we have a capacity of 27,000 I assume its 22,500.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Dan Druff"]

If there is I haven''t seen it anywhere. There must be one - does anybody know what the limit is on season tickets for next season?

[/quote]

The cap last season when the capacity was 26,000 was 21,500 so now we have a capacity of 27,000 I assume its 22,500.

[/quote]There''s always one sensible poster about isn''t there! [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Dan Druff"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

angel, don''t think that''s quite right. I''m pretty sure the original cap for last season (with the extras seats in place, making an effective capacity of around 26,500) was 20,000. Once he season started the board decided they could sell another 500. Demand exceeded that so they raised the figure to 21,000. In October the club announced it had sold most of that second extra 500 and were only 39 short. However I don''t recall the club announcing that they''d actually sold the 21,000th. Possibly because they didn''t, because the club had promised whoever applied for that last season ticket would get it free, and  I don''t remember that being announced.

As to this season I haven''t see a figure for the cap. Perhaps waiting to see which divison we''re in and whether to put in even more seats, as McNally has said is a possibility.

Many of the more raffish wore the turtle neck sweater instead

Far better was the permittance to shoulder barge the keeper, usually into the back of the net still clutching the ball. I''m not too sure how that would affect the rather over effeminate foreign players who spend much of the winter running around the pitch wearing a scarf as if they were Pike out of Dad''s Army.

What I do know is that Holt would have a field day with the ''fair bargee bargee'' rule of old.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Dan Druff"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

angel, don''t think that''s quite right. I''m pretty sure the original cap for last season (with the extras seats in place, making an effective capacity of around 26,500) was 20,000. Once he season started the board decided they could sell another 500. Demand exceeded that so they raised the figure to 21,000. In October the club announced it had sold most of that second extra 500 and were only 39 short. However I don''t recall the club announcing that they''d actually sold the 21,000th. Possibly because they didn''t, because the club had promised whoever applied for that last season ticket would get it free, and  I don''t remember that being announced.

As to this season I haven''t see a figure for the cap. Perhaps waiting to see which divison we''re in and whether to put in even more seats, as McNally has said is a possibility.

[/quote]

I think you''re right Purple [:D]

As i stated on another thread i think you will find that under FA regulations all clubs must keep 10% of their home area capacities available for casual ticket sales.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Dan Druff"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

angel, when on Monday they announced they had already sold more than 20,500 season tickets it was noticeable they didn''t say what the limit was. It would make sense if they were keeping an open mind on the issue.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Dan Druff"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

angel, when on Monday they announced they had already sold more than 20,500 season tickets it was noticeable they didn''t say what the limit was. It would make sense if they were keeping an open mind on the issue.

[/quote]

Yher 25.000 S/T seems about right

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Dan Druff"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yher 25.000 S/T seems about right