Sign in to follow this  
Somerset Canary

Keiron Dyer signs for...

They have a thing for getting crocked players in on huge wages when they''re going nowhere don''t they?

Utter waste of money. Why not save it for next season and get someone decent in, especially with however many players out of contract?

Not complaining of course. It''s amusing seeing them throw their cash away.

With his record, he''s got be be odds on to bin his car at some point between London and Scumville.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]They have a thing for getting crocked players in on huge wages when they''re going nowhere don''t they?

Utter waste of money. Why not save it for next season and get someone decent in, especially with however many players out of contract?

Not complaining of course. It''s amusing seeing them throw their cash away.[/quote]Exactly what I said when they signed Bullard. They aren''t going up, aren''t going down, and are just wasting money by throwing it at overpriced loan players who, I imagine, are on stupid wages. I doubt they''ll be paying all of Dyer''s salary, but I reckon it will still be fairly costly.

I posted this last year...some hefty wages here!

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2116793/ShowPost.aspx

7 Kieron Dyer Midfield £70,000 £3,640,000 Aug 2007 £6,000,000 Contract Aug 2007 - Jun 2011

out of contract in June, something tells we the spammers will look to get his 70k per week wages off their books.

A class player when he''s fit (which is er? never), he''s defo not worth anything like half of the 70k

Waiting to see if someone will post the old "why weren''t we in for him?" thing-but doubt that very much with regard to Dyer!!

It is rumoured that Dyer might be the first player to turn out in a Championship game in a wheelchair.

But hooray for the binners is my view. it''s not as if their previous crock bullard has suffered any re-occurence of his injuries, or Mark Fish turned out to be able to play more than one game.

Perhaps we should take a leaf of our rustic neighbours book then there might be a bit more legroom at Carrow Road and Mr Cluckbert and his mates might be able to get seats at the games, 10,000 of them.

Assuming, that is that, Mr Cluckbert has 10.000 mates that is.

When he was in his prime at Newcastle I thought he was excellent - potential Man Utd standard. The last few seasons seem ridiculous - he''s contributed next to nothing. Financially he''s (literally) laughing all the way to the bank...

I suppose you have to give him credit for what he has been given, for what he has given in his career. Most people on here would happily get paid £70k (rumored) a week for doing nothing!

The figures stated by the Hull chief executive are that Bullard''s contract amounts to around just under £50,000 a week. How much of that is direct payment and whether any payments relating to appearances, league position etc are included is not known

He further stated that Bullards sixteen weeks with the binners was costing them £350.000, which is just over £20,000 a week. Money well spent if it keeps them up. Money that would have came from cup games against Arsenal & Chelsea.

Money that might look a bit excessive if Master Bullard is out again injured. Perhaps that is why Dyer has been brought in, to fight Bullard for his place ............

............ on the injury bed !

Ipswich are pretty safe now - should just write the season off and not waste anymore wonga.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Rumours at Portaloo Road is that Bullard is on £50k/week and they are paying most of this,[/quote]

Think you''ll find they are paying £20k a week which has already been confirmed by Hull.

[quote user="City1st"]it''s not as if their previous crock bullard has suffered any re-occurence of his injuries.[/quote]Bullard missed the defeat by Reading on Tuesday with a hamstring injury and is doubtful for tomorrows game against Leeds.

West ham fighting for their lives, so they let one of their so called decent players go out on loan, says it all really..

Harrymight I suggest you re-read my post

ps clue is the word irony

He could have been one of the best players for England, I remember earlier in his career, he was rated really highly. You can imagine that Scum are paying 20k a week too. A lot of money to pay 2 crocks and really are they going to go up or down.

[quote user="City1st"]Harrymight I suggest you re-read my post

ps clue is the word irony
[/quote]Sorry City1st, I replied as world war 3 was breaking out with the kids and missed the sarcastic tone of the post.

I must be mad or something but I never really saw that much depth in Dyer''s game.

A lot of where he got to was based purely on his incredible pace. I say was, because he has suffered with varying injuries over the years which little by little seem to have slowed him down.

Also his positional flexibility, been played as a striker and an attacking midfielder.

In many ways reminds me of Jenas. Promised potential but never embraced it.

From what I have read etc, a lot of Dyer''s problems were of his own making. He used to put in a lot of extra fitnes work of his own and whent out running a lot which resulted in bad shin splints at one point.

I believe he was ''managed'' by Jonathan Barnett who also gave us the clueless Plug (R Wright) and the hapless buffoon Tortoise Bumble og. What many of his players share is an ability to move about from club to club, never really fulfilling the hype which is quite cheap to generate(I''m not sure if too many fans realise how little in real terms it ''costs'' to put something into The Sun). It is not too costly to get a few England caps either. I wouldn''t be too surprised if Darren Bent was connected to Barnett as well, should check.Constant moving generates fees and commissions. There are enough managers happy to benefit from payments made to agents and then moved towards them through any number of third parties. The humiliation for our dimwitted neighnours is that it has now been revealed that Dyer is there to get match fitness. West Ham''s recouperation team so it seems. What a sorry place for the poor old binners to slip down to.