Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Lambert HAS tried for on loan players.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mike "]

spot on!

Lambert has looked for someone given the injury to Chrissy. No one fits the bill or wants to come. Move on. End of.

[/quote]

Fair enough but what about if Holty gets injured ??

[/quote]

I guess he knows he could do with a bit of cover but as he''s said he can''t find one.... What if Zak gets injured or Wes or Ruddy. All three as influencial as Holty at the moment.

You pick yourself up & you move on

[quote user="Mike "][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mike "]

spot on!

Lambert has looked for someone given the injury to Chrissy. No one fits the bill or wants to come. Move on. End of.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess he knows he could do with a bit of cover but as he''s said he can''t find one.... What if Zak gets injured or Wes or Ruddy. All three as influencial as Holty at the moment.

[/quote]

If Zak gets injured we have bought Rob Edwards as cover, If Ruddy gets injured we have 2 capable young goalies waiting, if Wes gets injured we have plenty of midfielders to cover, but if Holt gets injured and is out for a month say, who do you play instead of him?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mike "][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mike "]

spot on!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If Zak gets injured we have bought Rob Edwards as cover, If Ruddy gets injured we have 2 capable young goalies waiting, if Wes gets injured we have plenty of midfielders to cover, but if Holt gets injured and is out for a month say, who do you play instead of him?

[/quote]I think that was the main reason for buying Wilbraham. I know he doesn''t offer as much as Grant, but by the same token we don''t have anyone who offers as much as Wes.Who knows, perhaps Jacko would play better off Wheelie? I doubt it, but stranger things have happened in football. whatever, I don''t believe the wheels would come off - playoffs would still be a fair certainty, but top 2 that much harder. Let''s hope Grant stays fit!

There is absolutely no question in my mind that we should sign a striker on loan unless he meets Lamberts requirements, hungry, something to prove, wants to be here etc and of course we will just have to wait and see if he can still pull a rabit out of the hat given the difficulty he is having with this at present.  Of course as I posted months ago it really would have been much easier to have tried to sign a striker in Jan rather than concentrating all our efforts on Bennet (not saying that he wouldn''t have been a good signing) considering the number of midfield options we have although no out and out winger unless you count McNamee, but we didn''t so as many people have said its time to move on.  We still have that belief, togetherness, drive and desire in the squad and management to achieve promotion so I for one will support them all the way and if Lambert does manage to sign a forward well then all the better.