Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Lambert HAS tried for on loan players.

As suggested in the latest report, he has picked up the phone a million times? If people dont want to come, they dont want to come.Simples.

The reason for the post before i get shot down in flames, people have been saying NOW is the time to get players in if we want to take this promotion push seriously, but if we have tried and tried for quality, there is not a lot more you can do if the player/club refuse!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]The reason for the post before i get shot down in flames, people have been saying NOW is the time to get players in if we want to take this promotion push seriously, but if we have tried and tried for quality, there is not a lot more you can do if the player/club refuse![/quote]

I applaud the club to actually release a statement to that effect, it lets the fans know that they are trying or have tried so we are all singing from the same hymn sheet.Lets hope we can do it with what we have got.

Is the extra statement in view of the thickies and Canary Call dimwits?  He''s said all along he won''t get players in for the sake of it.  FFS why does the club have to keep stooping to level of our retarded sort of supporter? 

I''m sure I''ve read or heard somewhere that Robbie Fowler was back in England and still wanted to play. Could we get him in a tried and tested goalscorer on a pay and play basis? or would this mean having a "big time Charlie" that could upset the balance of the squad?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]I''m sure I''ve read or heard somewhere that Robbie Fowler was back in England and still wanted to play. Could we get him in a tried and tested goalscorer on a pay and play basis? or would this mean having a "big time Charlie" that could upset the balance of the squad?[/quote]Omg no Fowler is well past his sell by date , i can remember when he went to Cardiff a few seasons ago he was crap then and hardly likely to have improved any .A young Premiership reserve would have done fine, anybody chipping in with a few goals in the last 10 games would have been very helpful , how many do we think Wilbraham and Jackson are going to knock in ? not that many are they .

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]I''m sure I''ve read or heard somewhere that Robbie Fowler was back in England and still wanted to play. Could we get him in a tried and tested goalscorer on a pay and play basis? or would this mean having a "big time Charlie" that could upset the balance of the squad?[/quote]

I think he has long since past his sell by date, I will always remember him for his snorting the white line goal celebration during his cocaine habit days. I think it got him an extra ban!?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]I''m sure I''ve read or heard somewhere that Robbie Fowler was back in England and still wanted to play. Could we get him in a tried and tested goalscorer on a pay and play basis? or would this mean having a "big time Charlie" that could upset the balance of the squad?[/quote]FFS another Club Statement is needed...

I never doubted that he was trying. However, what can he do if lazy players don''t want to actually play?!

I think we will end up sticking as we are. It would just be more than handy if Jackson could start showing some form, he could be crucial in the run-in with his pace against defenders, but I don''t hold out much hope.

Are they, "NCFC"? Show me three examples of quality strikers gone out on loan recently? Nathan Delfouneso I''ll give you. Kris Boyd to Forest? Hardly been quality so far, has he? The only other I can think of is Ismael Miller at QPR, who again, has hardly set the world on fire since he joined them has he?

I don''t want Lambert doing a Roeder or a Gunn, signing loanees who are no better - or in some cases worse - than what we have already. I''m sure Lambert will make the signing if he can find the right person.

[quote user="The Å¿hroud of Turin"]Is the extra statement in view of the thickies and Canary Call dimwits?  He''s said all along he won''t get players in for the sake of it.  FFS why does the club have to keep stooping to level of our retarded sort of supporter?  [/quote]

What a richard head you are.

They dont need to be quality though do they ? they just need to score more than Wilbraham and Jackson would in the last 10 games .Harewood bagged 2 for Barnsley the other night , would he score more than our two misfiring strikers ? in my opinion that has to be a yes.

Marlon Harewood isn''t exactly cheap and with Blackpool on the skids as they are right now, it''s very unlikely Holloway will sanction any further than the current 28 day loan spell he''s on.

How about someone like John Fleck from Rangers, stick him in as a striker.

So now you want quality and cheap quality at that with no possible recall by the loaning club . I think you had better just cross your fingers and hope Wilbraham or Jackson can find the net and that Holt does not get injured.

Fact that Lambert seems to have been on the phone non stop rather implies he does not have that much faith in our goal shy strikers though.

[quote user="YellowOne1"]So now you want quality and cheap quality at that with no possible recall by the loaning club . I think you had better just cross your fingers and hope Wilbraham or Jackson can find the net and that Holt does not get injured.

Fact that Lambert seems to have been on the phone non stop rather implies he does not have that much faith in our goal shy strikers though.[/quote]Or he can''t find anyone who will bring more to the team than it presently has? Their attitude & motivation being a large part of that.Interesting as well that an out-and-out striker wasn''t his main target in the transfer window.

It''s interesting that folk are saying that players are going out on loan and citing examples, saying why didn''t we go for them?

One example is Nathan Delfounso-his Manager said "quite a few Championship clubs" had asked about him, but he (Delfounso) chose Burnley.

I expect these young players at Premiership clubs are among those that might have been asked if they wanted to come here and said"no thankyou" as well.

Robbie Blake didn''t want to know and thank God for his honesty, because we don''t want someone at Carra that really doesn''t want to be here. That goes for all of them.

There are the usual cries going out now that we are "not showing ambition" because we haven''t brought a striker in on loan. But we can''t make them-if someone is available, it isn''t a case of ask & they will come!

If a player is going out on a loan that is only ever going to be a loan, he''s going to go where its as easy and convenient for him as possible to carry on his life as he would had he stayed put. And, like Blake, that sort of player is not what we want at the moment, especially with the team spirit being as high as it is.

No doubt sometime soon, player "x" will move on loan from a Premier League club to someone in the Championship and there will be a post headed " ''x'', why didn''t we go in for him"? Maybe we did!

Patience. If we do get someone, it''ll be because they want to come here. if we don''t, it''s because no bugger can be arsed, a''la Blake and they''re better off somewhere else!

[b]"It''s interesting that folk are saying that players are going out on loan and citing examples, saying why didn''t we go for them?

One example is Nathan Delfounso-his Manager said "quite a few Championship clubs" had asked about him, but he (Delfounso) chose Burnley.

I expect these young players at Premiership clubs are among those that might have been asked if they wanted to come here and said"no thankyou" as well.

Robbie Blake didn''t want to know and thank God for his honesty, because we don''t want someone at Carra that really doesn''t want to be here. That goes for all of them.

There are the usual cries going out now that we are "not showing ambition" because we haven''t brought a striker in on loan. But we can''t make them-if someone is available, it isn''t a case of ask & they will come!

If a player is going out on a loan that is only ever going to be a loan, he''s going to go where its as easy and convenient for him as possible to carry on his life as he would had he stayed put. And, like Blake, that sort of player is not what we want at the moment, especially with the team spirit being as high as it is.

No doubt sometime soon, player "x" will move on loan from a Premier League club to someone in the Championship and there will be a post headed " ''x'', why didn''t we go in for him"? Maybe we did!

Patience. If we do get someone, it''ll be because they want to come here. if we don''t, it''s because no bugger can be arsed, a''la Blake and they''re better off somewhere else!"[/b]

Great post. This should be the default reply to all future "why haven''t we signed X", "we still need another striker" and "we are showing a lack of ambition" threads.

spot on!

Lambert has looked for someone given the injury to Chrissy. No one fits the bill or wants to come. Move on. End of.

Meanwhile we put 3 passed a team with very very expensive ex-premier striker force on Tuesday....

As (I think) Mr Chops has already pointed out, we have scored more goals than most of the teams around us apart from Leeds. Our weakness has been conceding goals - but is anyone demanding we sign better defenders/a keeper? Look at the bigger picture!

[quote user="Planet X"][quote user="The Å¿hroud of Turin"]Is the extra statement in view of the thickies and Canary Call dimwits?  He''s said all along he won''t get players in for the sake of it.  FFS why does the club have to keep stooping to level of our retarded sort of supporter?  [/quote]

What a richard head you are. [/quote]So why do you think another similar statement has been released?  Answer - To stop the plebs bleating about not signing anybody.

[quote user="Mike "]

spot on!

Lambert has looked for someone given the injury to Chrissy. No one fits the bill or wants to come. Move on. End of.

[/quote]

Fair enough but what about if Holty gets injured ??

[quote user="Josh"][b]"It''s interesting that folk are saying that players are going out on loan and citing examples, saying why didn''t we go for them?

Patience. If we do get someone, it''ll be because they want to come here. if we don''t, it''s because no bugger can be arsed, a''la Blake and they''re better off somewhere else!"[/b]

Great post. This should be the default reply to all future "why haven''t we signed X", "we still need another striker" and "we are showing a lack of ambition" threads.[/quote]

**BINNER ALERT**

Surely Lambert''s earnt the trust of our fans by now?? He''s made enquiries, the players he felt were right for the club didn''t wanna come, other strikers he didn''t feel were right.

If the right player wants to come here Lambert will bring him in, i''d rather he not waste money on someone that doesn''t wanna be here for the sake of getting someone in, if he''s going to do it it''s got to be the right player.

I''m quite cool about all this. Lambo is rightly suspicious of the media, notwithstanding that he obviously has some respect for Goreham (top bloke). He will never give them any really info as to how he feels about player searches - he never has!

I do agree that ideally we need a striker just to add a lift to the squad and I have the feeling Lambo will pull something out of the hat.

His comments regarding his search have been realistic and very encouraging. He has high standards and there many left wristers and agents shouting their big gobs off.

As every day and week passes, I am so proud to be a yella!