Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Would you take this...

I have just done the BBC predictor thing as realistically as I could and this is what I got:
1st. QPR 90 2nd. Swansea 87 ------------------3rd. Cardiff 84 4th. Norwich 84 5th. Burnley 806th. Leeds 76 ------------------7th Forest 75
Anyway, the question is if you were offered a play-off place now would you take it? Obviously we all hope that we can maybe snatch 2nd but with Burnley potentially breathing down our necks, a secured play-off spot would surely be priority. I don''t know about you but after the past few games I have still been looking at the gap between us and 7th before I check the gap between us and 2nd.I think I probably would take a play-off position at this moment in time as I just keep having nightmares of us slipping out of the play-offs on the last day! You?

Colin''s Crew wont even be in the playoffs following thier points deduction :)Well... they probably will but I got a feeling they will not auto

Nope, QPR may well get docked points, especially with the FA trying to rush things through, the top teams are playing each other as well as those at the bottom who are battling for their Championship status, to go into manager mode, let''s just focus on the next game

[quote user="ricardo"]No because it won''t finish anything like that.[/quote]Hey Ricardo lad, how does Snowy think it''s going to pan out?

No way!. People may think my aspirations are too high, but i want all of us NC supporters on here to be celebrating winning the title come May. A Crystal Palace win tomorrow will open it right up, points deducted or no points deducted ...

Definitely not. We WILL get automatic promotion.

Why ?

1. Because we''ve been there & done it just 12 months ago so the pressure will be nothing new - the other Clubs don''t & some, maybe all, will bottle it as the finishing line gets closer. We know how to do it.

2. We have a better team spirit than the other Clubs & our never say die attitude will get us points that would not be won by the Clubs.

3. Relatively speaking our fixture list is easier than our rivals & although there are some possible banana skins I can''t see us having any more Doncasters or Prestons.

4. In Lambert we have the League''s best Manager and when it comes to the crunch he is prepared to take risks to win games that his rivals wouldn''t. 

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Definitely not. We WILL get automatic promotion.

Why ?

1. Because we''ve been there & done it just 12 months ago so the pressure will be nothing new - the other Clubs don''t & some, maybe all, will bottle it as the finishing line gets closer. We know how to do it.

2. We have a better team spirit than the other Clubs & our never say die attitude will get us points that would not be won by the Clubs.

3. Relatively speaking our fixture list is easier than our rivals & although there are some possible banana skins I can''t see us having any more Doncasters or Prestons.

4. In Lambert we have the League''s best Manager and when it comes to the crunch he is prepared to take risks to win games that his rivals wouldn''t. 

[/quote]

Amen!

No.

We can still get 2nd and if we get lucky we could get top spot (even without QPR getting deducted points which wont happen)..

When you''re level on points with 2nd you can''t say you''d take playoffs now! We''re in a prime position and we have to go for it

Of course you would take it! People saying ''we are definitely getting automatic promotion'' simply aren''t in the real world! And how anyone can say ''it''ll finish like this''...sorry football doesn''t work on paper!

[quote user="Largey"]Of course you would take it! People saying ''we are definitely getting automatic promotion'' simply aren''t in the real world! And how anyone can say ''it''ll finish like this''...sorry football doesn''t work on paper![/quote]

No, as already stated i and some of the other posters wouldn''t take it, Largey. I don''t think any of us have said we are definitely 110% getting automatic promotion, but i think we''ve got an outstanding chance, hence why i wouldn''t take the play off place now. One thing i''m very confident of is finishing in the play offs at worst - So why on earth settle for that now?

[quote user="Alex"] No, as already stated i and some of the other posters wouldn''t take it, Largey. I don''t think any of us have said we are definitely 110% getting automatic promotion, but i think we''ve got an outstanding chance, hence why i wouldn''t take the play off place now. One thing i''m very confident of is finishing in the play offs at worst - So why on earth settle for that now?[/quote]

Well said - I think you''ll find you won''t get an answer to your question though.

Play Off place guaranteed now - deal or no deal.

NO DEAL!!

[quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="ricardo"]No because it won''t finish anything like that.[/quote]Hey Ricardo lad, how does Snowy think it''s going to pan out?[/quote]

The little guy seems very confident Twitchy.