Sign in to follow this  
Calcio Canary

Home Support to end of the season - Campaign

Fantastic result last night and just ten to go! Everyone involved with the Club MUST keep focussed on gaining one of the automatic promotion places and avoid the lottery of the play offs!

I agree with comments elsewhere that some of the fans at home matches have not helped the cause this season and we need to re-unite and become one big, POSITIVE voice again. The Team will have some off moments along the way for sure but we MUST help them through.

I challenge Archant and others to set up a campaign for the home match run-in where we have hand-outs and free banners etc. to get the mood right before kick-off and during the game. It''s been done before but I can''t recall the details!

What does everyone think????

I think thats a great idea, yellow and green cards to hold up, lots of green and yellow beach balls in the air for when the players come out and everyone of us shouting, singing and making as much noise as we can to help them over the finishing line.

Is there someone from the club reading this who could help us??

Plus Archant what can you do to help?

Great idea in principle, but I think the yellow and green cards have tended to stifle the atmosphere rather than improve it: too many people standing around holding the cards, wondering what to do with them or where to put them and then forgetting to clap...

A ton of inflatable Canaries would be good too. Perhaps NCISA can arrange something? I bet they have some membership fees sat in the bank doing nothing. Why not invest it in an idea like this to help give us the best chance of back to back promotions? Imagine how the players would feel seeing the whole stadium right behind them - especially given that we don''t have many 3pm Saturday games left. This could really lift the atmosphere on some week nights and evening kickoffs.

[quote user="Hackney Canary"]Great idea in principle, but I think the yellow and green cards have tended to stifle the atmosphere rather than improve it: too many people standing around holding the cards, wondering what to do with them or where to put them and then forgetting to clap...[/quote]

Fair enough, lets think of something better then [:)]

More noise!  I say more noise.............

Wake up the people (except Mello Yello and Tilly) in the Morgue (aka G Watling aka City) stand....give ''em a prod. The biscuit chasers need to make some noise in support of the team.

Then there are the opera goers in the Jarrold stand....come on lets have a round of OTBC. out of you

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

More noise!  I say more noise.............

Wake up the people (except Mello Yello and Tilly) in the Morgue (aka G Watling aka City) stand....give ''em a prod. The biscuit chasers need to make some noise in support of the team.

Then there are the opera goers in the Jarrold stand....come on lets have a round of OTBC. out of you

[/quote]We need you in the middle whipping them up Tangy. I mean, you''ve done it before.........

[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/039.jpg[/IMG]

If there''s one thing that surpresses the crowd before the game its playing bleedin'' irrelevant music at 500 decibles. Let the crowd do its job and whip up the atmosphere itself!

IMHO, the cards are a good idea - as are balloons / beach balls / inflateables / ripped up yellow pages for confetti but the best atmosphere is generated by getting off your fat backsides and SINGING!

(BTW the club have a load of inflateable canaries they are trying to shift at 50p to £1 so why not just give them away?)

Barclay/Snakepit will I''m sure take the lead - its for the rest to join in for once.

And anyone who moans, should get a slap round the kisser with a wet haddock from the person next to them.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFyGtE0O0Ig[/link]

Was a joy to be part of the travelling support last night, if only everybody at Carrow Road could get behind and then stay behind the side for 90mins.

"It''s just like watching Brazil, we all hate Alan Brazil"

Its ok a couple more good results and the real fans who were never going to come again due to the cost will be getting their glory hunting tickets. Once all the regulars are gone and replaced by those who turned up at the end of last year there will be nothing to worry about. Only song they seem to know is going up up up but they do sing it loud

[quote user="NMTD"]If there''s one thing that surpresses the crowd before the game its playing bleedin'' irrelevant music at 500 decibles. Let the crowd do its job and whip up the atmosphere itself! IMHO, the cards are a good idea - as are balloons / beach balls / inflateables / ripped up yellow pages for confetti but the best atmosphere is generated by getting off your fat backsides and SINGING! [/quote]

Agreed but you will have to wake up the occupants (exc. Mello Yello and Tilly) of the Morgue stand.

I was stood next to a gaggle of pimply freds at Orient last year and they produced a huge number of inflatables, extremely impressive as was the vocal encouragement. At time the noise was awesome, a most memorable place to be , yet ...........

Make some noise. Turn every game into a carnival and enjoy the occassion. Know that if it does all go pear shaped we will not get two season in a row like this again. I do not think that we will go from the depths of despair to these heights again.

And this from someone who as a little scrote many years ago travelled fown to Orient on that night, had a couple of ales beforehand (and after) and still blagged his way in through the juvenile turnstile. For much of the season we have been pretty much odds on to be there or there about for most of the season. ''82 we went on a late run and squeezed home at the last gasp. Not much chance to build up to it. Whereas now the possibilities have been with us since way before Xmas.

So yep, if it don''t do the players much good then as fans we''ll be getting our moneys worth. And who knows we might just get the Riverend making some noise and we might even get ''On the ball City'' actually sung. Because if you have never heard it sung with all four sides of the ground singing (I mean singing, not barking it out like some rabid poodle) you have never lived, as a City fan.

It was fun at Leic, never seen so many beach balls and heard so much noise, we must try and recreate that on Monday night [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

It was fun at Leic, never seen so many beach balls and heard so much noise, we must try and recreate that on Monday night [:)]

[/quote]Get the stewards to let everyone that want to stand up do so, stuff the health & safety this is much more important, the recent away fixtures at barnsley & leicester proved a few things, the atmosphere`s brilliant, the volume far greater & nobody died (i hope). One more thing, apparently they even ask u to stand up in church when singing - what ever next?