Sign in to follow this  
Big Chief

Theolitis is the hero, at last!!

Remember the guy that let in 7 on his NCFC league debut? He has just saved 2 penalties in a penalty shoot out after the Hyundai A league Grand final finished 2-2, in front of a crowd of over 50,000. His team Brisbane Roar have an unbeaten run of 28 games, the best in world football. The team with the second best unbeaten run is Barcelona

[quote user="Big Chief"]Remember the guy that let in 7 on his NCFC league debut? He has just saved 2 penalties in a penalty shoot out after the Hyundai A league Grand final finished 2-2, in front of a crowd of over 50,000. His team Brisbane Roar have an unbeaten run of 28 games, the best in world football. The team with the second best unbeaten run is Barcelona[/quote]

Im happy for him, but he''s still crap in my eyes.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Big Chief"]Remember the guy that let in 7 on his NCFC league debut? He has just saved 2 penalties in a penalty shoot out after the Hyundai A league Grand final finished 2-2, in front of a crowd of over 50,000. His team Brisbane Roar have an unbeaten run of 28 games, the best in world football. The team with the second best unbeaten run is Barcelona[/quote]

Im happy for him, but he''s still crap in my eyes.

[/quote]

Its funny any one to deserved label "crap" in only one debut game in English football!

GOd bless this game ever happen coz lambo is here because that result happen and since then we never say die!

We will win the league Im confident after last week oponent''s results now only must win Bristol and we will never loose the pole!

[quote user="Big Chief"]Remember the guy that let in 7 on his NCFC league debut? He has just saved 2 penalties in a penalty shoot out after the Hyundai A league Grand final finished 2-2, in front of a crowd of over 50,000. His team Brisbane Roar have an unbeaten run of 28 games, the best in world football. The team with the second best unbeaten run is Barcelona[/quote]He''d probably also have kept a lot of clean sheets in League Two, so maybe we should clamour for his return.

[quote user="pete"]What a favour he did City, may never have had PL on board.[/quote]

[Y]Blessing in disguise??!!

There''s a reason he''s had so many clean sheets and Brisbane have been unbeaten for so long. Australian finishing is shocking. There''s often some nice build up play and such, but the stuff in the last third is just awful......Brisbane just happen to be the best of a bad bunch.I''m really struggling to believe that Brisbane and Barcelona were just mentioned in the same post......

[quote user="Big Chief"]Remember the guy that let in 7 on his NCFC league debut? He has just saved 2 penalties in a penalty shoot out after the Hyundai A league Grand final finished 2-2, in front of a crowd of over 50,000. His team Brisbane Roar have an unbeaten run of 28 games, the best in world football. The team with the second best unbeaten run is Barcelona[/quote]How is 28 games unbeaten the longest run in world football?  Arsenal notched up 49 games unbeaten, Notts Forest have a 30 something game unbeaten record if I recall correctly. 

[quote user="WymCanary"][quote user="Big Chief"]Remember the guy that let in 7 on his NCFC league debut? He has just saved 2 penalties in a penalty shoot out after the Hyundai A league Grand final finished 2-2, in front of a crowd of over 50,000. His team Brisbane Roar have an unbeaten run of 28 games, the best in world football. The team with the second best unbeaten run is Barcelona[/quote]How is 28 games unbeaten the longest run in world football?  Arsenal notched up 49 games unbeaten, Notts Forest have a 30 something game unbeaten record if I recall correctly.  [/quote]He''s talking about at present....

[quote user="WymCanary"][quote user="Big Chief"]Remember the guy that let in 7 on his NCFC league debut? He has just saved 2 penalties in a penalty shoot out after the Hyundai A league Grand final finished 2-2, in front of a crowd of over 50,000. His team Brisbane Roar have an unbeaten run of 28 games, the best in world football. The team with the second best unbeaten run is Barcelona[/quote]

How is 28 games unbeaten the longest run in world football?  Arsenal notched up 49 games unbeaten, Notts Forest have a 30 something game unbeaten record if I recall correctly. 
[/quote]

i think it means, current unbeaten run, not since records began.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="WymCanary"][quote user="Big Chief"]Remember the guy that let in 7 on his NCFC league debut? He has just saved 2 penalties in a penalty shoot out after the Hyundai A league Grand final finished 2-2, in front of a crowd of over 50,000. His team Brisbane Roar have an unbeaten run of 28 games, the best in world football. The team with the second best unbeaten run is Barcelona[/quote]How is 28 games unbeaten the longest run in world football?  Arsenal notched up 49 games unbeaten, Notts Forest have a 30 something game unbeaten record if I recall correctly.  [/quote]

i think it means, current unbeaten run, not since records began.

[/quote]Still a bold statement to make, I''m sure in one of the thousands of leagues in the world there is a team with a better unbeaten run than 28 games.

I believe Theo was pretty good (in Oz) before we signed him, and has gone back to the same. Even though i thought he should have been given another chance, apparently he was poor in reserve games. So that really shows the gulf in quality doesn''t it. Still, good luck to him.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Topping that Greeno saved a penalty today - in all his time at Norwich never once came near saving one![/quote]

Actually, he saved one against Martin Keown in his testimonial whilst still at Norwich [;)]

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

One day the real story about Theo will come out and I''m sure it will be an interesting one.

[/quote]

The JP trophy game against Gillingham where he failed to turn up is the interesting incident for me. If memory serves me right Theoklitos and Forster were the only two available first team keepers that night. This was because Rudd and Steer were both away on international duty with the England youth teams. Surely Theoklitos must have therefore had at least some inkling that he might have been required for that game even if it meant just sitting on the bench? This means in all liklihood it was probably Theolklitos''s fault but there is a remote possibility that there may have been poor communication from the club.