Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Why tomorrow night should be different to Doncaster & Preston

Our last two home performances have seen us, well, play poorly. But these two matches were against teams who were happy to sit back, soak in some pressure, and attack on the counter. They really came to get a point and on both occasions deserved what they got. Norwich also deserved what they got, as there was a distinct lack of creativity and shots on target were at a premium.

Now, referring back to the title, Bristol City have won their last 4 games - that is quite an achievement in this league (if only we could go on such a run, we would be looking at automatic promotion square in the eyes!). They will come at us and that is when I believe we play at our best. I hope Bristol City play well tomorrow and show their form, because thats when Norwich City stand up and face the challenge as we know they can (QPR/Cardiff/Leeds) rather than sitting back and letting us play in first gear.

After the weekends results we have a great opportunity - and only the best teams take these kind of opportunities. I think playing against a team in form will inevitably make us play and hopefully gain the three points that will be oh so useful. It''s never easy being a Norwich City fan, but lets maximise this ride to the best of our abilities!

Even though they are on good form I can''t see them coming out at us.  I think they will be negative without sticking 10 men behind the ball and I think they will be hard to break down.  I would like to see Holt and Wilbraham start tomorow because I would like to see us put in plenty of crosses to test David James because I really don''t rate him.  I''m trying not to think of the sky hoodoo but it is still in the back of the mind, anything can happen!

And btw, when we win I would like a really loud "ARE YOU WATCHING IPSWICH TOWN" to ring around just like Spurs fans did on Wednesday night to Arsenal!  COYY!!!!!

I like the first poster''s analysis, I think that if we can go a goal up then Bristol will try to chase the game and that would also play into our hands.  If Bristol go one up then they may sit back and frustrate us.But I''m going to say 3-1 Norwich City, Wheeliebin is going to go on a goal rampage.

This is also the reason why we do so well away from home. Teams will never sit with 2 lines of 4 at home for the whole 90 minutes so we are able to play our best. Away is another matter(when were at home) teams can come to FCR to sit back and steal a draw.

We can also show the nation, what us fans are like, if Wilbraham mis-hits a shot.... boo, if john Ruddy mis-kicks.... boo!! Then as the Nation sits in there arm chairs muttering......... "I Thought Narwich were near the top"

[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2259/2477826021_34291ee1a6_z.jpg?zz=1[/IMG]

My twin brother, for his sins, supports Bristol City home and away, he says they will sit back and hit us on the break,. For some strange reason I don''t like the sound of that !

[quote user="swindoncanary"]My twin brother, for his sins, supports Bristol City home and away, he says they will sit back and hit us on the break,. For some strange reason I don''t like the sound of that !
[/quote]

Indeed, that sounds ominous especially with Maynard in the form that he is in and how poor we are defending a breaking side at home.

If Bristol just sit back and hit us on the counter I can see a repeat of what happened when we played Portsmouth earlier in the season.

Would be suprised if they did come to defend and counter, as they have nothing to play for, no chance of relegation or promotion it would seem a bit pointless to just try and contain us

Boyo wrote: "Even though they are on good form I can''t see them coming out at us.  I think they will be negative without sticking 10 men behind the ball and I think they will be hard to break down.  I would like to see Holt and Wilbraham start tomorow because I would like to see us put in plenty of crosses to test David James because I really don''t rate him.  I''m trying not to think of the sky hoodoo but it is still in the back of the mind, anything can happen!

And btw, when we win I would like a really loud "ARE YOU WATCHING IPSWICH TOWN" to ring around just like Spurs fans did on Wednesday night to Arsenal!  COYY!!!!"

Are you going to start it then boyo? Or are you expecting everyone else to do it for you....? Seem to remember we had a little discussion along these lines a few months back....