Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Is it a bit OTT to say that tomorrow is season defining?

We''ve done so well this season but the one thing I think we''d all agree on is that home performances/results have sometimes been disappointing.

Tomorrow could install us as the new front runners for that elusive second spot. I just don''t want us to look back on tomorrow with a sense of disappointment if we drop points.

All of the results this weekend have gone our away, I just hope we do our bit.

Nobody in the media seems to rate us as a threat- lets prove them all wrong tomorrow!

OTBC

If we win look for the sudden media backing like last season, although to be fair a few of the more indepth pundits such as Le Tissier have backed us for a while.

It is a bit OTT to say it''s season defining only because we won''t know the "season defining" game(s) until hindsight can kick in.  But 3 points tomorrow night and we''ll be on the verge of something very special.

A draw and automatic promotion is ours to lose. No more worrying about what other teams do, it will be in our own hands from then on. I''m not sure it''s season defining as we''ll still have games to go but it COULD give us the impetus and belief to start chasing QPR. It''ll be ours to lose and that''s all you can ask for from a great group of lads who have already far outdone mine, and I''m sure most City fans, expectations this season. OTBC ! ! !

We know what our away form is like and that isn''t going to change for the remaiming games , we just need to get ruthless at home , if we can we will get that 2nd spot . simples .

Bristol City have won the last 4 where they averaged nearly 3 goals a game. Means nothing I know but I do feel we are playing them at the wrong time just as we were playing them at the right time in October. But then again Millwall may well have felt they were playing Burnley at the wrong time and look what happened there! That''s why this league is so unpredictable.

I''d settle for a 1-0 win by a scrappy own goal in added on time! But whatever happens nothing will be close to being decided tomorrow.

We might be playing them at the right time. Given that we have found it difficult to break down teams that have largely played a defensive game at Carrow Road it may be in our favour that they will be confident and attacking. Who knows, but I am hoping that is the case, and we go into second spot in style, unsettling our rivals.

I think that''s a great outlook TG. We are due a home win too. But then there''s the curse of Sky TV. But it would be a good time to get rid of that. Now just imagine that we get promoted on the back of three Sky TV wins.. they say these things even out in the end[Y]

If we beat Bristol and manage at least a point on Saturday, we would have opened up a signiifcant gap between us and the remaining promotion hopefuls.

The time to make a spurt is now!

I think it could be season defining, i really do. Because when it gets to this stage of the season, the chasing pack all start to stutter, which is why it has always become possible at this stage for someone who may appear to be out of it to gate crash the play offs and make it up to 6th. If however, we can buck this trend and go on any sort of a run, we can pull clear of the play off spots while the others get embroiled in a battle of nerves and are unable to put any sort of winning sequence together. We''re seeing that now. All we have to do is keep our heads. If we can do that starting tonight, (well, at Leicester actually) then there''ll be no doubt that this and the Liecester game will turn out to be our season defining moment. Our oponents have the door wide open for us. Let''s take that step!

Personally I think it is the next 3 results or so that will shape our season. Like last season, the teams around up appear to be running out of steam, and like last term, we need to capitalise on that.

A good set of points out of Bristol, Hull & Scunthorpe could give us a massive advantage, and also room if we happen to drop points in the tricky last few games.

We just need to not underestimate Scunthorpe (like Donny & Preston), and show the "Leicester Spirit" against Bristol & Hull