Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

OT - New Norwich fan born yesterday!

Hi. Just wanted to say I have a new baby boy born yesterday. We had a name picked for a girl but were unsure for a boy. So today we''ve been looking through a boys name book and found Huxley! I thought that was great for the Norwich link/obvious nickname. What do you all think?

Congratulations on the baby[Y]

I am not a fan of the name Huxley.  When I say the name I think "cartoon dog", don''t know why?  It''s not my opinion that count''s though, it''s whatever makes you happy on this exciting new addition to your life.[:)]

Congratulations.Huxley I love it, so much so I wish I was called Huxley myself.Don''t forget careful with the initials  H and ??  hate it to be Huxley Oliver Grant or similar.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I am not a fan of the name Huxley.  When I say the name I think "cartoon dog", don''t know why?  It''s not my opinion that count''s though, it''s whatever makes you happy on this exciting new addition to your life.[:)]

[/quote]

Ha! Funny you should say that - my wife keeps saying ''Does it sound too much like a dog''s name?'' I won''t tell her your comment. The closest dog name I can think of is Mutley. Not that similar though is it. I think we are going with Huxley. Initials are safe with HPW.

I used to work with a guy called Alan Smith. Apparently his middle name was going to be Richard until somebody pointed out the initials.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Hi. Just wanted to say I have a new baby boy born yesterday. We had a name picked for a girl but were unsure for a boy. So today we''ve been looking through a boys name book and found Huxley! I thought that was great for the Norwich link/obvious nickname. What do you all think?[/quote]

Hiya and huge congrats to you both and welcome to the world little baby [:)][<:o)]

[quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

Ha! Funny you should say that - my wife keeps saying ''Does it sound too much like a dog''s name?'' I won''t tell her your comment. The closest dog name I can think of is Mutley. Not that similar though is it. I think we are going with Huxley. Initials are safe with HPW.

I used to work with a guy called Alan Smith. Apparently his middle name was going to be Richard until somebody pointed out the initials.

[/quote]

Brilliant news, and you keep the name it sounds great, My Grandaughter is about to have a baby boy any day now, His name is Darren, wonder why, She says he will make his first Carrow road visit the first home game following his birth,

Congratulations,as for Huxley,i think it''s Different and you should go for it,i have four Children and we tried to give them slightly different names to the usual.

If you both like the name then that''s all that matters.  I was just giving you my honest opinion on the name.

Did you get the name just from looking through a baby name book?  I wondered if it was also connected to the famous author Aldous Huxley?

It''ll probably get shortened to Hux (especially by school friends) which sounds rather cool.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

If you both like the name then that''s all that matters.  I was just giving you my honest opinion on the name.

Did you get the name just from looking through a baby name book?  I wondered if it was also connected to the famous author Aldous Huxley?

It''ll probably get shortened to Hux (especially by school friends) which sounds rather cool.

[/quote]

Just from a name book. And I will be calling him Hux too so its all good :o)

Many congrats Skipper. I too like Hux that does sound sub zero!!

Funny we were talking at the pub the other night about having Holt as a middle name but Hux Holt sounds like a bad sneeze!!

[quote user="Muddy funster"]And a double celebration as Jamesfromcambridgeshire has just come out! Congrats James[/quote]

Looooooool. Love it.