Sign in to follow this  
unique

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Trawl the internet fan forums of the teams challenging at the top of the Championship and, QPR apart, you''ll find a wave of pessimism infesting the hopes and beliefs of a good number of those fans.

Norwich are increasingly being seen as the ''form'' team, and the biggest threat to the automatic promotion spot.

Safe to say that Norwich fans are the only supporters 100% behind their manager.

Paul Lambert is undoubtedly a winner, who has instilled a winning mentality into the squad of players he has assembled.His tactical nous, and his understanding that a win and a loss is unarguably preferable to two draws, has propelled Norwich City into an attack minded team, easy on the eye, and with a never-say-die attitude that has produced numerous invaluable late goals this season.

When Lambert sends a team on to the pitch, there is little doubt that the players will be giving 100%, something that was certainly not the case in recent years.

Norwich City are on the cusp of a truly immense footballing achievement which cannot be understated.

Winning the FA Cup, League Cup or Europa Cup pales into insignificance if compared to back to back promotions - especially from League 1 to the Premiership. With the amount of money awash in many clubs, and the competitiveness of each and every league, were Norwich to win promotion this season, it would elevate Lambert and his squad of players to cult status in the annuls of the history of Norwich City FC.

There will have been, of course, substantial contributions throughout the football club.Delia''s lower profile has been most welcome, but she will deserve any plaudits that come her way. The appointment of McInally has proved a masterstroke, and the installation of Lambert as manager obviously wouldn''t have happened without this key appointment.

But for now it is all about Bristol City at home in front of the tv cameras. There will be very few from the West Country at Carrow Road tonight, but rest assured there will be fans from Wales, the Midlands and the North, anxiously watching,fearing the worst,hoping that their own teams'' failings at the weekend are reciprocated by Norwich City.

Win, lose or draw, Norwich fans should be relishing the position they find their team in.

With Lambert at the helm, we have THE best manager out of all the challenging clubs.

The Norwich City players are showing the best spirit, the most determination, and quite possibly the most skill, compared to Swansea, Cardiff, Leeds, Forest and Burnley.

This season has surpassed all expectation, and whatever happens between now and the end of May, Paul Lambert and his players should be afforded the utmost thanks and appreciation.

I can''t help but agree with everything you''ve said.

Unique is a good username for you, as I don''t think I''ve agreed totally with anyone else''s opinion on here before!

I was talking to a colleague last week about Lambert. I work in Wales and so he was saying how good Dave Jones was. I said that I don''t think I''d swap him for any other manager in the Championship or Premiership right now. That statement surprised even me......but would you? really?