Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Might be more stewards than Away supporters on Monday

Monday could see the lowest away attendance at Carrow Road for donkeys years:From the Bristol Main Site 11/3/11City fans will be able to pay on the night at Norwich City on Monday.The club has sold just 93 tickets in advance for the Carrow Road game, which is to be televised live by Sky Sports.Fans can still purchase in advance at Ashton Gate until 4pm tomorrow (Saturday, March 12th) - and take advantage of four loyalty points when purchasing with a smart card number.There is no price increase for fans purchasing on the evening of the game, who must pay by CASH ONLY.

Monday night football is not for the true  fans, it''s for the TV audience.

If we do go up this season it''s great for the club, but bad for fans trying to follow their team.

looking at how many tickets there are in the home end still available it might be surprisingly small attendance.

Less the 1000 seats left in home area. Monday''s crowd will be 24500 to 25500, so not small at all. Granted not all season ticket holders will be there, so the real attendance will be lower, but that is true for all games.

Not sure the crowd will hit 25,000 as the away section seems to be a fair chunk of the Jarrold Stand and with barely 100 making the journey I can see a few hundred empty seats in there on top of the various seats in home ends.

Not surprising really, they have nothing to play for, its a long 5hr trek home leaving CR on 10pm on a Monday night and its live on Sky.

Wasn''t expecting more than 200 or so were you?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Not sure the crowd will hit 25,000 as the away section seems to be a fair chunk of the Jarrold Stand and with barely 100 making the journey I can see a few hundred empty seats in there.[/quote]There won''t be hundreds of empty seats in the away section because Bristol City only took an allocation of 372 tickets!http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/AwayTickets/0,,10327~2306702,00.html

I''ve got 3 season tickets but won''t be going, Monday night is the worst night of the week, I agree with earlier comments, SKY are ruining the game.

Look at our run in, Forest Friday night, Swansea, 5.30 KO and Bristol on Monday, thanks SKY.

There will probably be more people in our dug-out and subs bench, than the away total of the Bristol City support.....Well, we do seem to have a large amount of staff and players congregating and sitting in and around the already sardine rammed ''technical area''.....At least one member of the ''backroom staff'' is sitting in the front row of the City Stand next to the dug-out during games.......

I can''t wait till I see the kit-man, or maybe a substitute or the physio sitting on Commander Tilson''s lap behind the bench.....as space becomes limited, at Carra..... 

[quote user="barclayendstand"]Less the 1000 seats left in home area. Monday''s crowd will be 24500 to 25500, so not small at all. Granted not all season ticket holders will be there, so the real attendance will be lower, but that is true for all games.[/quote]

I have it good authority that the Club have offered a significant number of tickets to Norfolk County Council employees at County Hall at the knockdown price of £10 each so obviously they aren''t expecting anywhere near a full house

[quote user="Rupethebear"]I''ve got 3 season tickets but won''t be going, Monday night is the worst night of the week, I agree with earlier comments, SKY are ruining the game. Look at our run in, Forest Friday night, Swansea, 5.30 KO and Bristol on Monday, thanks SKY.[/quote]

You can sell them back to the club and make yourself £30 [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]I''ve got 3 season tickets but won''t be going, Monday night is the worst night of the week, I agree with earlier comments, SKY are ruining the game. Look at our run in, Forest Friday night, Swansea, 5.30 KO and Bristol on Monday, thanks SKY.[/quote]

You can sell them back to the club and make yourself £30 [:D]

[/quote]

That''s not how it works my little Angel and i think you know it.You receive a credit against the cost of your season ticket for next season.The credit is up to a maximum of £10 depending on the grading of the game and finally it is dependant on the club actually finding a buyer for your seat  and this would only take place when all seats are sold prior to the buy backs as they are called being made available.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

There will probably be more people in our dug-out and subs bench, than the away total of the Bristol City support.....Well, we do seem to have a large amount of staff and players congregating and sitting in and around the already sardine rammed ''technical area''.....At least one member of the ''backroom staff'' is sitting in the front row of the City Stand next to the dug-out during games.......

I can''t wait till I see the kit-man, or maybe a substitute or the physio sitting on Commander Tilson''s lap behind the bench.....as space becomes limited, at Carra..... 

[/quote]

You are the one who next season will have a refurbished padded seat next season that would appeal far more to those members of backroom staff Mello.I understand that you have renewed even though you berated Mr McNally and told us all on here that you would not pay the new prices[:D]

Just as a matter of interest who sits on the front row who is a member of the backroom staff as i have not seen that happen since Roeder left?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

You are the one who next season will have a refurbished padded seat next season that would appeal far more to those members of backroom staff Mello.I understand that you have renewed even though you berated Mr McNally and told us all on here that you would not pay the new prices[:D]

Just as a matter of interest who sits on the front row who is a member of the backroom staff as i have not seen that happen since Roeder left?

[/quote]

Theres always at least 2 of the away backroom staff sitting in the front row just to the left of the away dugout as you look down on it Tilly, dont think the people sitting near to them 2 seats are too happy about it.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Theres always at least 2 of the away backroom staff sitting in the front row just to the left of the away dugout as you look down on it Tilly, dont think the people sitting near to them 2 seats are too happy about it.

[/quote]

Mello is on about the home dugout where i sit i presume Angel.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mello is on about the home dugout where i sit i presume Angel.

[/quote]

Yes, you presume correct...I am on about the home dug-out my dear Sherlock Tilson......Thought of swapping the baseball cap for a deer-stalker?

Moriarty Mello.....

To be fair to Bristol I was at Carlisle when we took 33 fans. Was also at Old Trafford when we took 250 and about 300 the following year.