Sign in to follow this  
Drazen Muzinic

"Lambert Calls For Electric Atmosphere"

This is the main article currently on the Offy site and Lambert is making the perfect point.

We have to get right behind the team from kick-off on Monday and make it as intimidating as we can for the Brizzle players.

The atmosphere for Donny & PNE was as flat as a witches tit at times - maybe a mixture of expectancy, complacency or nerves. Only after Drury''s OG did we really turn up the volume against Donny.

When Scum or Leeds are in town we create far more noise and really show how much we want to beat them.

Apart from making the Brizzle players wear Piswich shirts, how do we make sure this happens?

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]Lambert Calls For Electric Atmosphere...

[/quote]Shocking! [;)]

Maybe its Norfolk folk being themselves. They turn up in their thousands and annually achieve record season ticket sales. A truly marvellous support and the envy of many another club.

I am an exile now and I know full well that the "Man of Norfolk" (for all his many attributes) is a bit under-cooked and likes a good moan. In fact, he is at his most happy when having a good bitch. Norwich City Football Club, and it being successful is his right, not his privelege.

It comes on at a certain age in the evolution of being fully Norfucked (if you excuse the expression.)

That is why all the real noise comes from those areas of the ground where the youngsters sit. They might sing stupid songs and fight a bit, but they do create the much needed atmosphere.

I have long been in favour of issuing free amphetamine pills to all inhabitants of the Jarrold upon entry. Unfortunately this would not be allowed. 

My point:  Monday has suddenly become one of those BIG occasions in the esteemed history of this club because of today''s results and Q.P.R''s legalities.  

As the O/P suggests, let''s go mad for once and turn it into a cup final. 

Send in a couple of kids with ADHD complete with tasers in the general direction of the Jarrold amongst other areas I don''t care to mention and we have ourselves a freakin party Monday night...........COYY!!!

[quote user="Twitchy"]Send in a couple of kids with ADHD complete with tasers in the general direction of the Jarrold amongst other areas I don''t care to mention and we have ourselves a freakin party Monday night...........COYY!!!
[/quote]

If Lambert makes sure all the players turn up, it won''t be an issue.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Twitchy"]Send in a couple of kids with ADHD complete with tasers in the general direction of the Jarrold amongst other areas I don''t care to mention and we have ourselves a freakin party Monday night...........COYY!!![/quote]

If Lambert makes sure all the players turn up, it won''t be an issue.

OTBC

[/quote]Fingers crossed BBB.

I will be drinking down riverside from 5pm so I will try and help to get CR rocking!

I still believe after having a season ticket for 20 years that the year we went to the prem and collated another 5000 season ticket fans this sounds silly but the atmosphere changed as expectations from these new breed were too high

I`m confident there won`t be many moans about the atmosphere after the game tomorrow. We`re getting towards "crunch" time now and people are getting excited. And i don`t think even our dimmest fans will be underestimating a team which has just had 4 straight wins.

Of course, if those supporters who profess to enjoy a good, rip-roaring atmosphere (ie. pretty much all of them...) actually try and contribute to it, we wouldn`t need to have this debate. It never ceases to amaze me how many people enjoy something (a good atmos.) yet somehow expect everyone else to provide it for them.....

Would help if they has some decent sing along music on from 2.45pm to kickoff, like ''''Hi Ho Silver Lining '''' '''' Daydream Believer'''' to get the atmosphere going.

[quote user="cityangel"]Would help if they has some decent sing along music on from 2.45pm to kickoff, like ''''Hi Ho Silver Lining '''' '''' Daydream Believer'''' to get the atmosphere going.[/quote]Showing your age there, CA!

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]I suggest that we turn off the tannoy at 7.30 and everybody takes their seat by this time and we all build a real atmosphere[/quote]Agreed, why do they have to have the pre-match "music" so loud?! It would be nice if you could hear yourself talk to the surrounding supporters and try and build up a bit of an atmosphere.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]Would help if they has some decent sing along music on from 2.45pm to kickoff, like ''''Hi Ho Silver Lining '''' '''' Daydream Believer'''' to get the atmosphere going.[/quote]Showing your age there, CA![/quote]If you think that''s bad, I just heard "By the light of the Silvery Moon". Thought it sounded quite catchy - & appropriate, for an evening game ......

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]Would help if they has some decent sing along music on from 2.45pm to kickoff, like ''''Hi Ho Silver Lining '''' '''' Daydream Believer'''' to get the atmosphere going.[/quote]Showing your age there, CA![/quote]If you think that''s bad, I just heard "By the light of the Silvery Moon". Thought it sounded quite catchy - & appropriate, for an evening game ......[/quote]Showaddywaddy?Luton had quite a decent player (Oakes, I think) who was the son of the bass player (IIRC).

Thinking nearer to Al Jolson than Showaddywaddy. Lots of people have done it, though, including Little Richard. That might be an interesting version.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Isn''t youtube wonderful?!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clHlyxb7meg[/quote]Better than the Al Jolson version, not sure Al would be the artist of choice if we''re to rid ourselves of our reputation as a slightly racist backwater.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]Lambert Calls For Electric Atmosphere...

[/quote]Shocking! [;)]

[/quote]

Watt?

Monday night game versus City on Sky.....Maybe Delia will be coming on at half time to encourage the crowd?...

Seriously you moan about he rest of the ground when it should be the Barclay taking the lead, non stop singing, and the rest shall follow. Sometimes the Barclay can hardly be heard even in the Library.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]Would help if they has some decent sing along music on from 2.45pm to kickoff, like ''''Hi Ho Silver Lining '''' '''' Daydream Believer'''' to get the atmosphere going.[/quote]

Showing your age there, CA!
[/quote]

I know [:D] I''ve heard those 2 songs sung at a few away games this season and they really seem to get the crowd going.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]How about a bit of AC/DC ''Highway to Hell?''[/quote]

The one with the vocals by Bon Scott.....preferably.....

''Riff-Raff'' could be belted out for those who occupy the Snake-Pit and Lower Barclay.....Deeoirty unawashed oiks that they are!