Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzy's Ref Watch

Carl Boyeson

Got the early important decision spot on, no doubt about the penalty. Generally pretty good, but a few nit picky points. Again Hoolihan was not protected he should have booked both Adomah and Elliott as both had comitted several fouls, although couldn''t argue with the yellow cards he did issue. One or two iffy decisions and one or two from the linesmen. Another minor gripe, he  wasn''t even watching David James wasting time. Some good play ons and a very audible whistle.

A rather comfortable game, and a reasonable performance.

Carl Boyeson 7

Couple of things to pick you up on Waz, on an otherwise spot on report. Hoolahan, with an ''a'' (I know i don''t really have a right to correct spelling :P) And at one point, (i was watching on Sky unfortunately) the ref did point at his watch to James when he tried to time waste, although at other points he didn''t seem to notice.

Keep these reports up :D

I thought he had a good game to be honest!

Gave the penalty which was a big call very early on and i think a lot of refs would have bottles it.

A couple of errors but human error will always be there, can''t be right 100% of the time!

How the Bristol players didnt get more bookings though i dont know! There should have been more.

Did well.. 8/10 for me!

Thank you GP, these reports are just how I see it and I know we all have an opinion. Being an ex-Ref I can''t help but follow what the man in black does as well as follow the game (if that is possible !!!).

Next season I might do it slightly differently to draw in more peoples point of view.

[quote user="shiplee15"]I thought he had a good game to be honest! Gave the penalty which was a big call very early on and i think a lot of refs would have bottles it. A couple of errors but human error will always be there, can''t be right 100% of the time! How the Bristol players didnt get more bookings though i dont know! There should have been more. Did well.. 8/10 for me![/quote]

As you are another Ex-Ref I''m always interested to see how you call it Mr Shiplee.

Another thing.

Cisse, should have gotten a yellow card. Fouled Hoolahan, fairly average tackle, but then a pretty bad foul on Tierney a couple of mins later, followed by another couple of fouls later. Tackle on Tierney should have been a yellow, even ignoring his first foul.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="shiplee15"]I thought he had a good game to be honest! Gave the penalty which was a big call very early on and i think a lot of refs would have bottles it. A couple of errors but human error will always be there, can''t be right 100% of the time! How the Bristol players didnt get more bookings though i dont know! There should have been more. Did well.. 8/10 for me![/quote]

As you are another Ex-Ref I''m always interested to see how you call it Mr Shiplee.

[/quote]I''m an ex-ref too, and pretty much in agreement with most of what''s been said on here. He had good use of advantage, was possibly a little lenient on BC players especially in the first half, but this was generally a pretty easy match to referee. Definitely would have been easy to bottle the early penalty decision - it wasn''t a ''stone-waller'', but one of those where if the tackle happens in the middle third it''ll always be a free-kick, but when it happens in the box referees are often reluctant to give them because the player wasn''t completely wiped out. I''d give him an 8.

what the hell did that no.7 (marvin elliott) have to do to get booked tonight??!......he could and should have been booked about 4 times over.....dont think he would have been shown yellow if he''d have been playing till easter !

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]what the hell did that no.7 (marvin elliott) have to do to get booked tonight??!......he could and should have been booked about 4 times over.....dont think he would have been shown yellow if he''d have been playing till easter ![/quote]

I couldn''t agree more. [Y]