Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Jackson starts

[quote user="Statto28"]For a guy who hasnt featured really at all for a good period, didn''t think he did too bad at all. Looked lively, gave the Bristol defence something different to think about. Yes, he missed a couple but he was in the right area and you got to be in the right place to miss. Think it was also very telling that on him coming off, Lambert gave him a really warm greeting. Top man management i thought and it wouldnt surprise me to see Jackson pop up with a couple of crucial goals before the end of the season![/quote]spot on mate- good to see him get a solid performance under his belt. Should have scored but i am sure this game would have helped him gain some confidence

I thought that he had a good and lively first half, without luck. A couple of decisions went against him too.

He was quite poor in the second half and I for one was willing PL to bring Lansbury on.

Then it happened.

I think Simeon lacks confidence big-time, so nothing goes right for him. He is, however, on borrowed time, I fear. 

Not having a forward on the bench tonight shows how badly we need to get one in . Jackson just needs a break , i think once he gets one or two he may start to score on a regular basis .

I thought he played well today, showing good touches and looking positive, troubling the Bristol defence. I thought he caused them more problems then Holt, who I felt had a bit of an off day today, just wasn''t involved as much as his usually self. The lack of confidence Jackson has at the moment, was evident in his poor finishing but I think if he gets a goal he can be a asset to us for the rest of the season.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Not having a forward on the bench tonight shows how badly we need to get one in . Jackson just needs a break , i think once he gets one or two he may start to score on a regular basis .[/quote]

Don''t need one; play Lanners up front off of Holt.  Lanners knows where the goal is!

Disappointed with his finishing. But can see his good points. Very good touch in the first half, shame about the shot afterwards (You know the one, when he hit it out for a throw in :P) Could/should have score 2. But maybe with a run of games, he would knock a few in?

I like him. Disappointed he didn''t score tonight, and he hasn''t had much time, but I think he''d be alright.

Also - left foot ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfyhrmbKQRY

He''s rubbish basically, it''s why Lambert picks him. Nothing to do with we have nobody with pace. I say sack Lambert. If he had played Lands from the start we would have won 8-1.

Lambert hasn''t a clue what he''s doing and Jackson should be shot for not trying and trying to ping it past 3 defenders on a 1 - 4 with the Ghoulie.

Then we would be a team.

book end, you can'' say nothing fell for him. Ashton wasn''t very happy he missed his first half chance, and the commentators thought he should have done better 1 on 1.... But still i think he can provide some goals.

He played well today, unlucky not to get on the score sheet, showed great pieces of skill and even suprised me by holding the ball up/knocking the ball on well.

After bristol city scored the way the game was going didnt suit Jackson and im pleased Lansbury replaced him.

I have confidence in our strikers to do well while pushing on to the end of the season now, and failing that, stick Lansbury up there

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Jackson worked really hard, credit to him !That said, I dont think he will cut it, really not up to standard.

[/quote]

Start of the season nobody thought we would be in this position. Is this the time to nit pick and decide who''s good enough?

The players like Jackson as he''s one of them. I would leave them to it.

Called a team.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jed exodous"]Jackos making some good runs, giving 100%, but just lacks the final quality.  Shame...[/quote]

Yes,  When he took that high ball down with one lovely touch I thought "here we go", and then his shot went out for a throw in.
[/quote]

THAT first touch was absolute class! ,

Very nearly scored and had a good game. Well done Jacko

Yeah, team effort and he put in a good stint.Still that said, in the long run...regardless of promotion ( or certainly with promotion ! ) he will not cut it.

Jacko gave a good account of himself tonight, in much the same way as Wilbraham had been doing in recent weeks. His finishing had all the hallmarks of someone who wasn''t up to match pace. I''d be more worried if he was pulling Cureton-esque attempts at every opportunity, but he isn''t.I''m not saying he''s definitely going to cut the mustard for us, I''m just saying we shouldn''t assume we can wind him up and watch him go.

I hate to slag off players but I am sorry he is a forward and could not score in League 3 let alone our League and I am sorrythat is his main reason for being there. He was on for eighty mins was offside god knows how many times lost every 50/50and not surprisingly useless in air.I think summed up by Lansbury  on for five and scores doing exactly what Jackson should have done We effectively played with ten players for eighty mins and nearly lost points why we waited so long to replace him I do not know 

CJ, you might want to check out his goal scoring record for a poor and relegated Gillingham last season. Thats why we signed him. But his performances this season, is why we have just signed Mackail-Smith.....

[quote user="CJ"]I hate to slag off players but I am sorry he is a forward and could not score in League 3 let alone our League and I am sorrythat is his main reason for being there. He was on for eighty mins was offside god knows how many times lost every 50/50and not surprisingly useless in air.I think summed up by Lansbury  on for five and scores doing exactly what Jackson should have done We effectively played with ten players for eighty mins and nearly lost points why we waited so long to replace him I do not know [/quote]They say it''s all about opinions, but I think yours is overblown and exaggerated matey. 80 minutes with 10 men? Really? Did you not observe the role he played in winning the penalty? He pulled Brizzle left right and centre… and had he scored he would be enjoying an 8/10 rating.He needs a goal and he will come good… it really is a simple as that. Whether he gets the chance is a different matter.I do wish Norwich fans would stop seeking a scapegoat. If the game was that easy we would all be banging supermodels and driving Bentleys. It isn''t… so we''re not!Get over yourself… seriously!

ffs people get off the guys back!!! He had a good game tonite for somebody so low on confidence!! Couldnt believe the clown on Canary call either!! Just wonder if Cody comes back next season and doesnt score will everybody think how great he is then? Jacksons  goal return is not great admittedly but which strikers is other than Holt? we have just gone second ffs and Jackson has been a part of the squad that has got us there, as everybody seems to hate him so much would they rather we hadnt signed him and had his goals help us beat Swansea, Bristol  City away and Middlesboro too?

Thought he was bright tonight, not a poor game by any means. You don''t just lose the ability he had to find the net.

Why does everybody criticise Jackson on here? He played well for a player short on confidence and caused more problems for Bristol then Holt did. Once he gets his goal, he will become good! It''s interesting to see how much praise is given to Jackson in the BBC match report, they obviously know more then all the Cody McDonald lovers, who can''t appreciate a good performance from Jackson and just want to unfairly criticise a player already low on confidence, just what we need.

I was very impressed with him. Missed that chance in the second half but apart from that was excellent and would start him against hull but im guessing if Mackail Smith is coming in there is half a chance he will start. I do think he will come good eventually he is still young and I think once he gets a few goals he will bang them in.

Thought he was one of our best players first half. He played a huge part in the penalty and seemed to link up well with Holt and Hoolahan. I think he still has a big part to play this season and a future after. Sometimes you have to get away from strikers score goals and defenders keep them out. It''s all about the team and that''s why we are where we are. We are the second highest scorers in this league and have got there by players working for eachother. It was quite obvious tonight that Jackson slotted into that team ethic well. I think McKail Smith will also buy into the team ethic and forge a great partnership with Holt. I jushope he is an addition and not a replacement. We need to hang on to Jackson because I agree that he will come good and you can never have too many players wanting to play in the team.

I think Jackson would fit in very well at Peterborough.

It would take some sting out of the Mickail-Smith fee, should this signing happen for us.

For various reasons, Jacko has just not come off and would be totally surplus to requirements should we go up (as I suppose a few others would.)  He would virtually be that if we get M-K and do not go up.

His non-attempt at a header in the second half finally did it for me and, as I said above, I was praying for Lansbury to replace him. Dion would have put tha chancet in, let alone Mickail-Smith.

I thought he played well last night.

Pulled the defence about and showed some nice touches. (Look at the lay off he did for the first goal). Used his pace well but once again he''s trying too hard to score. Just needs to relax a little bit.

That performance must have installed some confidence in him though.