Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Jackson starts

Jackson starting tonight, lets hope for a goal for him to get him a bit of confidence, an in form jackson would be like a new player for us. I think 3 0 tonight- Fox, Holt, Jackson

Maybe they''ve identified a lack of pace in the BC back line, otherwise this surprises me a little.  But glad we''ve gone back to 2 up front rather than the 4-5-1 (or 4-4-1-1).What''s the full line up?

No Wilbraham due to a back injury apparently...

Norwich

• 01 Ruddy
  • 02 R Martin
  • 06 Whitbread
  • 22 Ward
  • 32 Tierney
  • 07 Crofts
  • 11 Surman
  • 14 Hoolahan
  • 15 Fox
  • 09 Holt
  • 10 Jackson

Substitutes

• 13 Rudd,
  • 03 Drury,
  • 05 Edwards,
  • 12 Lansbury,
  • 18 Smith,
  • 19 Lappin,
  • 24 McNamee

[quote user="jed exodous"]Full backs will provide the width, as they have done virtually all season, and last...[/quote]Which is marvellous if we dictate the play but you know how it goes sometimes, it''s nice to have some genuine midfield width.  Still, looks like we have a Plan B on the bench.

No striker on the bench just shows where we are short

Only MacNamee on bench to allow any real change in attack

Lets hope nothing happens to Holt

[quote user="rock bus"]

[/quote]Lansbury???

[quote user="jed exodous"]Jackos making some good runs, giving 100%, but just lacks the final quality.  Shame...[/quote]Yes,  When he took that high ball down with one lovely touch I thought "here we go", and then his shot went out for a throw in.

Apart from "the miss" I think he has done well -some nice touches and works by being a very different player to Holt -Bristol defenders have to deal with both types of threat

Would be great all round if Jacko were able to score, he has pace to spare and worries defenders when he has the ball, just that extra bit of confidence could do wonders - and with Wilbers having scored last week he will also be confident when he comes back in.

I like the idea of swapping between him and  Wilbraham - the opposition won''t know what to expect. It would be great if he could score as well as Wheeliebin.

Judging by tonights performance, it has come to my attention that he only has right foot. Despite his critics, he has done exceedingly well to get where he has without a left foot. Haha

[quote user="Somerset Canary"]Judging by tonights performance, it has come to my attention that he only has right foot. Despite his critics, he has done exceedingly well to get where he has without a left foot. Haha[/quote]

Indeed, and he was swapped for somebody that has a left, right and head, coupled with pace.[:(]

[quote user="jed exodous"]Nearly made it 20 posts on this thread without the comparisons starting...[/quote]

unfortunately our old failings now mean we are 1-1

[quote user="Jules"]Jackson''s in the right places but can''t finish.
[/quote]

It is a mistake to play him on the left as he has no left foot. All of his goals have come from him playing on the right as far as I can recall.

Paul Moy wrote "unfortunately our old failings now mean we are 1-1"

Yup, but our fantastic new found ability to keep going meant we won 3-1!!!! I''ll settle for that every time, even if it will eventually bring on a massive coronary!

rock bus wrote:

Lansbury???

No further questions your honour.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Paul Moy wrote "unfortunately our old failings now mean we are 1-1" Yup, but our fantastic new found ability to keep going meant we won 3-1!!!! I''ll settle for that every time, even if it will eventually bring on a massive coronary![/quote]

Well, I was pretty nervous throughout that game. We never do it the easy way !!!

For a guy who hasnt featured really at all for a good period, didn''t think he did too bad at all. Looked lively, gave the Bristol defence something different to think about. Yes, he missed a couple but he was in the right area and you got to be in the right place to miss. Think it was also very telling that on him coming off, Lambert gave him a really warm greeting. Top man management i thought and it wouldnt surprise me to see Jackson pop up with a couple of crucial goals before the end of the season!

Not convincing from Jackson. His biggest asset is his pace, the rest of his game is, in my opinion, not quite up to upper Championship level. But without any other fit strikers at the moment, it''ll be cruical for Lambert to keep Jackson''s confidence up, despite him being out of his depth quality wise.