Sign in to follow this  
Greg Downs Hairpiece

Bid Rejected on Official PU Site!

Errrr.... we''re not sneaking up on a bargain at a car boot sale here for heaven''s sake.Everyone in the game already knows what''s going on.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Errrr.... we''re not sneaking up on a bargain at a car boot sale here for heaven''s sake.Everyone in the game already knows what''s going on.[/quote]

well u dont advertise on tv before its happened! it seems this deal was a goer before he opened his mouth! Tell you know about it before last nights programme! just let Norwich do Norwichs buisness! School boy errror!

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Errrr.... we''re not sneaking up on a bargain at a car boot sale here for heaven''s sake.

Everyone in the game already knows what''s going on.
[/quote]

well u dont advertise on tv before its happened! it seems this deal was a goer before he opened his mouth!

Tell you know about it before last nights programme! just let Norwich do Norwichs buisness! School boy errror!
[/quote]

Have I missed something ? Is Dion Dublin a salaried employee of NCFC ? If he is then, yes, he should keep his mouth shut. If he isn''t then he can say what he wants, can''t he ?

[quote user="Al Catraz"]

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Errrr.... we''re not sneaking up on a bargain at a car boot sale here for heaven''s sake.Everyone in the game already knows what''s going on.[/quote]

well u dont advertise on tv before its happened! it seems this deal was a goer before he opened his mouth! Tell you know about it before last nights programme! just let Norwich do Norwichs buisness! School boy errror! [/quote]

Have I missed something ? Is Dion Dublin a salaried employee of NCFC ? If he is then, yes, he should keep his mouth shut. If he isn''t then he can say what he wants, can''t he ?

[/quote]

No tulip... but he is a representing Norwich as a ex player on that programme!

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Al Catraz"]

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Errrr.... we''re not sneaking up on a bargain at a car boot sale here for heaven''s sake.

[/quote]

well u dont advertise on tv before its happened! it seems this deal was a goer before he opened his mouth!

Tell you know about it before last nights programme! just let Norwich do Norwichs buisness! School boy errror!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And your point is what exactly ? And don''t call me tulip, I prefer the non specific "flower". Thank you.

It did seem a bit dim from Dion. Announcing it like that will have p***ed Posh off mightily I''d have thought. A bit like Burnley going public with their bid for Lambert.

[quote user="Al Catraz"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Al Catraz"]

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Errrr.... we''re not sneaking up on a bargain at a car boot sale here for heaven''s sake.Everyone in the game already knows what''s going on.[/quote]

well u dont advertise on tv before its happened! it seems this deal was a goer before he opened his mouth! Tell you know about it before last nights programme! just let Norwich do Norwichs buisness! School boy errror! [/quote]

[/quote]

No tulip... but he is a representing Norwich as a ex player on that programme! [/quote]

And your point is what exactly ? And don''t call me tulip, I prefer the non specific "flower". Thank you.

[/quote]

As a Norwich fan the club comes first! It was stupid, as he is descovering today!

I don''t think Dion would have said anything unless he had defo information.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Still nothing on City official site about any bid etc, Still think the deal could be alive??? maybe an improived offer for him???[/quote]forgot to add, could the player have the final say???

To be honest, I''m not too upset about this, although I would have fancied loaning him for the rest of the season.

I instigated a post recently which was entitled, "Lambert hasn''t got a clue when signing forwards." It was too strongly put really should have been "Lambert hasn''t had too much success when signing forwards." This would have been more factually correct. However, the post generated much debate with it''s provocative title and some agreed. Most expressed some disappointment with the forwards brought in by PL uptil now.

Based upon the fact that he doesn''t seem to have had much succes, I am distinctly nervous about the idea of paying upto £3m for this player.

Shane Long, Ched Evans and Watford''s Graham ( who will surely be snapped up by someone soon) all seem better buys at this level of fee.

In sum, it looks very much as if we are actively seeking a named striker at a fee. Let''s hope that we get one sooner rather than later then, as we are now in a position where our Championship fate is well and truly in our own hands. Striking strength is a slight weakness. It could cost dearly.

[quote user="Al Catraz"]

[/quote]

Exactly [Y]

The interesting point to consider in all of this is who gave Dion the information and did they do it knowing full well that he would broadcast it on the TV? If it came from NCFC then I would expect that they are fairly confident that they will eventually get their man.

Barry Fry is a Market Trader of some notoriety. For example; previously hawking Joe Lewis around the top clubs then denouncing Villa’s bid as derisory (not exactly his terminology!). If we enquired about CMS then Fry probably saw Dion as an easy route to market on regional TV and primed him accordingly to get some free airtime. After all, TV advertising is not cheap is it? Potential buyers are now more aware and should business be completed, the price is highly likely to have gone up…

I don''t normally subscribe to conspiracy theories as in reality they are usually cock ups, however I suspect this story was deliberately leaked by Mcnally with Dion being an unwitting pawn bringing bhe deal out in the open and possibly unsettling the player who may not have been aware of our interest.

As they say"watch this space".

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Al Catraz"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Al Catraz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As a Norwich fan the club comes first! It was stupid, as he is descovering today!
[/quote]

Sorry, I still don''t understand your point. I agree with other posters who are suggesting that he was fed this information (either by the Posh or NCFC for different reasons) so that it would be brought into the public domain.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Shane Long, Ched Evans and Watford''s Graham ( who will surely be snapped up by someone soon) all seem better buys at this level of fee.

How do you know we have not already tried to get them? Perhaps their Directors of Football are not quite so prone to opening their mouth''s as Big Barry is...

Striking strength is a slight weakness. It could cost dearly.

Since we lost Chris Martin we have averaged two goals per game, that''s way above championship winning form.

[/quote]

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

How do you know we have not already tried to get them? Perhaps their Directors of Football are not quite so prone to opening their mouth''s as Big Barry is...

Striking strength is a slight weakness. It could cost dearly.

Since we lost Chris Martin we have averaged two goals per game, that''s way above championship winning form.

[/quote][/quote]

I never said that we may not have tried to get these players, just that they would seem better buys for the sort of money being mentioned.

Our goals tally is not at all bad. I think most agree, however, that a top class striker would be a bonus right now.