Sign in to follow this  
Greg Downs Hairpiece

Bid Rejected on Official PU Site!

[quote user="Greg Downs Hairpiece"]We have been dubed![/quote]

We''ve been what??? lol

I love Dion as much as the next guy, but seriously? After that weird answer in the first programme about needing to strengthen our squad with centre backs (when at the time it was the one area we didn''t) and his general hesitancy when asked by Matt Holland anything specific about this Norwich team,this tops the lot.

If CMS was done and dusted, and you''ve had the nod from the club...fine. If not shut-tf-up. I know he''s a legend, but Dion needs to add substance to his media charisma

This is Barry Fry we''re dealing with - the Terry Tibbs of English football.He''s not going to accept our first offer, but you know damn well he''ll sell if the price is right.

Dion opens mouth and sticks foot in! Was really excited about Mackail-Smith signing, have to agree with walks on water, as a pundit Dion has a lot to learn. This wasn`t presented as a distant whisper last night but pretty much as a done deal with Dion basking in reflected glory. I love the guy but he has not done himself any favours on Late Kick Off.

[quote user="Herb"]This is Barry Fry we''re dealing with - the Terry Tibbs of English football.He''s not going to accept our first offer, but you know damn well he''ll sell if the price is right.[/quote]Message for Mr. Fry (well, the first few bars anyway)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMNfehKGaA

Better versions:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2FqaqnpRAs&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqVFKDJoFeQ

Whilst I''m not even close to knowing how realistic our bid was and what Mr. Fry''s selling price is, I guess it''s stick or twist time for our board.  Do we up the price and gamble on him and Holt firing us up into the Prem or go with what we have.

[quote user="Herb"]This is Barry Fry we''re dealing with - the Terry Tibbs of English football.
He''s not going to accept our first offer, but you know damn well he''ll sell if the price is right.
[/quote]

If we did bid £2.5/3 million for Mackail-Smith we should not be going any higher to be honest. I am all for showing ambition don''t get me wrong but anything higher than that is crazy money. Particularly when you consider Nicky Maynard went for about £2.25 million. Fair play to Peterborough for asking for stupid money though. They are chasing promotion and have got a bit of momentum back now Ferguson has signed. The equivalent would have been us selling Holt last season, there would have been a riot.

Dion has really put his foot in this I am afraid. Like others have said I wasnt sure of his credibility when he said we needed a new centre half, at a time Barnett, Nelson, Ward and Whitbread were firing on all cylinders. This has just added to it. Doubt the BBC will be happy either because they dont usually comment on transfer stories unless they are 100% cut and dried.

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="Herb"]This is Barry Fry we''re dealing with - the Terry Tibbs of English football.He''s not going to accept our first offer, but you know damn well he''ll sell if the price is right.[/quote]

If we did bid £2.5/3 million for Mackail-Smith we should not be going any higher to be honest. I am all for showing ambition don''t get me wrong but anything higher than that is crazy money. Particularly when you consider Nicky Maynard went for about £2.25 million. Fair play to Peterborough for asking for stupid money though. They are chasing promotion and have got a bit of momentum back now Ferguson has signed. The equivalent would have been us selling Holt last season, there would have been a riot.

Dion has really put his foot in this I am afraid. Like others have said I wasnt sure of his credibility when he said we needed a new centre half, at a time Barnett, Nelson, Ward and Whitbread were firing on all cylinders. This has just added to it. Doubt the BBC will be happy either because they dont usually comment on transfer stories unless they are 100% cut and dried.

[/quote]Agree with this. I reckon Fergie might leave if it came off.

Surly it isnt good practice to announce Norwich City are  in a bid for a player, it seems this lad was on his way, but guess what its all stalled as its got out! Dion is on the football league show as an abassador of Norwich, anyway wasnt over happy about him annoucing it! Will be watching this space now, he looks like a good signing!

I''m sure Lambert and Mcnally won''t be too happy about Dion releasing that info. last night; they seem to like to keep their transfer dealings quiet untill it is official and Dion has just got everyone''s hopes up that a new player was coming in, when in reality our bid was rejected

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]well he didn''t say for deffo we were signing him, he said there was a strong chance. prob bidding for him but never to be accepted[/quote]

to annouce it on telly only creates a problem! anyway lets hope Barry Fry does the right thing!

Even if he didn''t say he was definately coming, it is not his place to say that Norwich were after this player and that it is likely he could join us; Lambert and Mcnally should be left to do their business untill something is confirmed; now what has happened, is everyone has got thier hopes up, Peterborough fans panick and we learn that we have a had a bid rejected; I''m sure Lambert and Mcnally arn''t happy with Dublin right now

But I have a feeling that it was Fry that told Dion in the first place, seems it was a long conversation  between the two as he says, they have two players lined up to replace him, this could have been a Fry ply can''t see it being anything else Dion wouldn''t have said anything if he wasn''t sure.   

exactly this is my point, he has inside knowledge as an ex player! just think could have kept his mouth shut for  bit then we may not have to pay over the odds, for what looks like a good player!

[quote user="pete_norw"]

But I have a feeling that it was Fry that told Dion in the first place, seems it was a long conversation  between the two as he says, they have two players lined up to replace him, this could have been a Fry ply can''t see it being anything else Dion wouldn''t have said anything if he wasn''t sure.   

[/quote]think this is the point, the deal was probarly done.... know we have to go through the process of re bidding and paying more for looks like a good play! Dion should have kept quite for a bit, now he looks like a tool!

he DID say CMS was signing for City!!!! He is out of order to have broken this news only for it to be incorrect!!

Dion said he heard a rumour that he might be joining Norwich and then everybody has acted like it''s been made a confirmed transfer.

[quote user="baldyboy"]he DID say CMS was signing for City!!!! He is out of order to have broken this news only for it to be incorrect!!
[/quote]

Well, no he did not, I have just replayed the whole show and he says a lot of "could...reliably informed...sources at London Road, etc" without saying he is definitely on his way. Despite this it was the wrong thing to do, very amateurish,  the producers of the show should really know better.

Snakepit lass wrote: ''lets hope Barry Fry does the right thing!''

What has it got to do with Barry FRY......he is not their chairman any more, and it is the chairman who has turned down the offer, as he did FOUR other offers Posh have received throughout the season for the same player.......Fry is only the chairman''s mouthpiece......!