Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Shane Long

I think for 3 million we could tempt Long to Carrow road. Mackail-smith being good, Long has better pedigree at this level and he''s 24 where Smith is 27.

I think 3 million is a lot for a very good league one player, look at Charlie Austin he was meant to be league ones next big thing.

And I believe Long is out of contract soon.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Great player, I''d love him at Norwich.[/quote]

agree and believe him to be better value for money

Agree i really dont know what the rush is to sign Mackail-smith, OK a loan signing but not to buy. Long, Maynard and even Graham at Watford would be better signings.

Could your valuable input really not have been put in 1 of the 100s of threads disscussing potential new strikers?

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]I think for 3 million we could tempt Long to Carrow road. Mackail-smith being good, Long has better pedigree at this level and he''s 24 where Smith is 27.

I think 3 million is a lot for a very good league one player, look at Charlie Austin he was meant to be league ones next big thing.

And I believe Long is out of contract soon.[/quote]

Look at Grant holt!

Liverpool were touted as making a £6 million bid for him this summer. He would cost abit more then £3 million. I''d agree that''s a sensible price for him, but the inflated market nowadays is ridiculous.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]Liverpool were touted as making a £6 million bid for him this summer. He would cost abit more then £3 million. I''d agree that''s a sensible price for him, but the inflated market nowadays is ridiculous.[/quote]£6 mil for a player out of contract in the summer???? i think not! 

Im sure reading would accept a £2mil bid NOW(loan move 1st with a view to perm) then let him leave for free in the summer

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]where did you get the infomation that he is out of contract in the summer?
[/quote]On 4 July 2007, Long signed an improved four-year contract to keep Shane Long at Reading until the end of the 2010–11 season.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]where did you get the infomation that he is out of contract in the summer?[/quote]On 4 July 2007, Long signed an improved four-year contract to keep Shane Long at Reading until the end of the 2010–11 season.[/quote][:D] thank you, where did that come from?

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]where did you get the infomation that he is out of contract in the summer?
[/quote]On 4 July 2007, Long signed an improved four-year contract to keep Shane Long at Reading until the end of the 2010–11 season.

[/quote]ALSO:-

Reading goal machine Shane Long on Celtic''s summer transfer radar

CELTIC boss Neil Lennon has admitted he could make a summer move for Republic of Ireland striker Shane Long.

The 24-year-old Reading forward is out of contract at the end of the season.

And Lennon said: "Shane is a player who interests us and that''s as far as I''m going.

"He is a Reading player, you know, and I don''t want to comment on other team''s players.

"The transfer window has been and gone and we''ll assess things in the summer."

Long started his career at Cork City in 2004 before joining Reading a year later. He has scored 43 goals in 180 games for the Championship side.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]where did you get the infomation that he is out of contract in the summer?

[/quote]
[:D] thank you, where did that come from?
[/quote]quick scan on the internet[Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]where did you get the infomation that he is out of contract in the summer?[/quote]On 4 July 2007, Long signed an improved four-year contract to keep Shane Long at Reading until the end of the 2010–11 season.[/quote][:D] thank you, where did that come from?[/quote]quick scan on the internet[Y][/quote]Hmmmm... a highly rated player undoubtedly, but if we got to the promised land i think we would have a chance.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]Liverpool were touted as making a £6 million bid for him this summer. He would cost abit more then £3 million. I''d agree that''s a sensible price for him, but the inflated market nowadays is ridiculous.[/quote]£6 mil for a player out of contract in the summer???? i think not! 

Im sure reading would accept a £2mil bid NOW(loan move 1st with a view to perm) then let him leave for free in the summer

[/quote]

The BBC site says ''summer 2012'':

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/peterborough_united/9425263.stm

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

The BBC site says ''summer 2012'':

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/peterborough_united/9425263.stm

[/quote]wrong person / wrong thread?

Realistically i dubt reading will make the play offs. If we give them 500k upfront for him to come to us for the rest of the season, and give them another 2-2.5 in the summer if we want him.Plus maybe a 500k bonus if we get promoted

Jeez, can you actually see some sense and realise there is no way that he would come to us? With interest in the past from Birmingham, Newcastle, Liverpool and Celtic all of whose ''valuations'' were £3m and above, with Reading still holding on to play-off ambitions and with the player''s contract not running out until next year we would have absolutely no chance of getting him. Give it up....