Sign in to follow this  
srfab1

wes hoolahan

[quote user="srfab1"]fantastic performance enough said
[/quote]

Yet another MoM performance... brilliant throughout and hardly ever gave the ball away. Won us the penalty also!! [<:o)]

He is a classy player - I used to see him as a bit of a luxury - and IMO he was in Roeder''s side - but Lambo has come up with a formation that really gets the best out of him and the rest of the guys....one of the top players in the side right now.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]He is a classy player - I used to see him as a bit of a luxury - and IMO he was in Roeder''s side - but Lambo has come up with a formation that really gets the best out of him and the rest of the guys....one of the top players in the side right now.[/quote]

Its amazing how he was seen as just a "luxury" player under Roedent, but you can see how hard he works for the team.  Just goes to show how much difference the right manager can make I suppose

He wasn''t just a cut above, when it went to 1-1 he showed tremendous leadership to rally the troops and tried to give everyone that lift - his head just did not drop where others did. If he doesn''t not get player of the season then we do not deserve to have such a gifted player. He''s prem class.

Spot on SWP - Roeder obviously saw a good player in him but not how to get it out, but Lambo has done it fantastically. If nothing else, it proves something else we all know: Lambo is as good as they come as manager.

Hoolahan was simply superb tonight. Unplayable from start to finish. If he plays like that from now until the end of the season we''re going up automatically. He''s the Championship''s equivalent of Nasri.

He is on fire at the moment. Brizzle players couldn''t get near him, only by trying to foul him. Lambert and co have got him at the peak of his game, he is world class.

[quote user="book end"]He is on fire at the moment. Brizzle players couldn''t get near him, only by trying to foul him. Lambert and co have got him at the peak of his game, he is world class.[/quote]

Not according to Trapattoni he isn''t.

This has been discussed before, and really the question is, where does he fit in the Ireland team. Their manager doesn''t want to change their game plan to fit Wes in, and won''t want to play Wes ineffectively when he has players who can do the job he wants done. Although its still surprising he isn''t in the squad as a back up option.

Another MOM performance by Wes on the day that he is left out of yet ANOTHER Irish international squad. If Ireland currently have 8 or 9 better midfielders I will be very suprised. Infact I know that they havent when you see the likes of Keith Treacy of Preston and Paul Green of Derby selected.

I''m not Irish so I don''t particularly care but you want to see players rewarded accordingly.

Giovanni Trappatoni , you stand accused of neglegance of duty !!!!!!

Thought he was awesome tonight not only in his ball play but his passion to win the ball back after losing it too.

He also had the convinction to carry on trying the passes when it got down to just a few minutes left....priceless!! 

His pass to Lansbury was superb, I thought nothing would come of it but then thats why I am writing this...lol

On his day and they seem to be coming very regularly Wes Hoolahan can do whatever he likes on a football pitch. By far the most technically gifted player in this division and I include the very over-rated Adel taraabt in that.

Yep, he`s a way more complete player than Taarabt. I also think that we are seeing him at the peak of his powers (bearing in mind he`s never had that much pace to lose...) and if we go up he can get even better. Celebrate good times, come on!!

Sensational from the first to the last. I was sat on the half way line, he was everywhere, the only thing he didn''t get was a goal. I think in the past he was criticised for being a bit cheap and selfish in posession - I can''t say as I was away from Norwich - but this player is up there with the best I have seen in yellow and green under Lambert.

[quote user="srfab1"]fantastic performance enough said
[/quote]

Every time I see him play, he reminds me of George Best, Last night was no different, he was a mennace to the Brizzi defenders, mid field were dazed by his twist and turns, What the hell does he need to do to get noticed for Ireland

I''ve been a fan of his for a long time and it''s nice to see him finally getting the recognition his performances deserve. Last season despite his goals and assists he seemed to get a lot of stick on here ("One footed", "No pace", "Holds on to the ball too long", "Gives the ball away to much", "Selfish" etc.) and there were plenty of people who thought he wouldn''t make the step up. Some of us who appreciate the more artistic aspects of the game kept the faith though and now we''re being rewarded.

Last night was a perfect example of why those who doubted him were so wrong. Everything went through Wes from the first minute penalty to the throughball for the second. He didn''t give the ball away more than a handful of times and his passing was often swift and incisive. He may be one footed but he could open a can of beans with that left foot. And his work rate? He led the team with his pressing of the Bristol defenders and deep lying midfielders.

Wes is a throwback to the days when you didn''t have to be a two footed athlete with pace to burn to make it in the top flight. Watching him in full flow linking up with the rest of our attacking talent (who Grant Holt apart also seem to be similarly diminutive in stature) is an absolute joy. This current Norwich team is producing some of the best football I have seen at Carrow Road for many a year and Wes is key to that. He, and Paul Lambert and his staff, deserve great credit for that.