Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Off to Greece for me this week

Kerkyra v AEK Athens  away win

11th v 3rd

Good luck peeps

Hope you recover soon meth - rotten luck for you.
[/quote]

Apologies for not noticing this before WITS. AEK are at home to Kavala later today. Is this the one you want to be on.

Well that went well[:$] I missed WITS one as well. Onwards and upwards I suppose.[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Off to Greece for me this weekKerkyra v AEK Athens  away win11th v 3rdGood luck peepsHope you recover soon meth - rotten luck for you.[/quote]

Apologies for not noticing this before WITS. AEK are at home to Kavala later today. Is this the one you want to be on.

[/quote]Oops, yes please NN [:$] Not sure where I got that from lol.I''m gonna blame DDD for sending me his piccie (finally) of him sporting his tach as my distraction [:)]They look a motley crew

They won 1-0 WITS. I''ve noticed there''s never many goals in the Greek matches.

That DDD picture needs posting on here!

They won 1-0 WITS. I''ve noticed there''s never many goals in the Greek matches.

If you pm me your email, I can forward it to you to put on here as copy and paste doesn''t work. I''m sure DDD won''t mind us all seeing his handlebars! [;)]

[/quote]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

If you pm me your email, I can forward it to you to put on here as copy and paste doesn''t work. I''m sure DDD won''t mind us all seeing his handlebars! [;)]

[/quote][/quote]

Canaryeddie@aol.com [Y]

Thanks again Inchy. Some weeks it‘s just not going to happen for us and this was certainly one of them. .

Now for the stats. 58 of us picked this weekend with 37 correct, and 3 on a postponed game, making a success rate of 66%. Between us we gave Inchy 28 different selections with 17 winning and 2 postponed making a success rate of 65%.

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. Beauseant stays at the top and has now hit 90% with Trent now alone as his closest challenger. The dotted line seperates the top 40 because only the top 40 at the end of the season will be assured of a go at the final selections next season.

PUP Correct Picks Season %
Beauseant [*]26-29 90
Trent Canary 28-32 88
PurpleCanary 18-21 86
Canary Cherub 27-32 84
Cosmic Twin 27-32 84
Inch High 27-32 84
Newyorkcanary 27-32 84
Norfolkbroadslim 27-32 84
Norfolkchance1 27-32 84
Graham Humphrey 26-32 81
Mr. Bump 26-32 81
Herman 21-26 81
Ginger Pele 25-32 78
Scooby 24-31 77
Sports Desk - Pete 24-31 77
Davo 24-32 75
Hughesy 23-31 74
Jed Exodus 23-31 74
Muddy funster 23-31 74
Excited Canary 19-26 73
Jimbo Jetset 19-26 73
Statto 23-32 72
Til 1010 23-32 72
SWP=Poor Man''s Ruel Fox 21-29 72
Bruce Eating Walkers Crisps 22-31 71
Fonejacker 22-31 71
Pboro_Canary 22-31 71
Sparkos 22-31 71
Charlie Farlie 21-30 70
Chelle 21-31 68
Lappinitup 19-28 68
Dogger 15-22 68
Obiwancanary 18-27 67
Duncan Edwards 16-24 67
Diesel Doris 21-32 66
NCFCStar 21-32 66
methcanary 19-29 66
1st Wazzock 20-31 65
Big Slob 15-23 65
Shack Attack 13-20 65

--------------------------------

Tony Da''Wonderful 20-32 63
City-Til-I-Die 19-30 63
Fellas 19-30 63
GMF 19-30 63
Delia''s Devonshire.. 12-19 63
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat 12-19 63
The Butler 13-21 62
Yankee Canary 19-31 61
Hissing Sid 19-32 59
Leedscanary 18-31 58
Mister Chops 16-28 57
nutty nigel 18-32 56
Cityangel 17-31 55
Blahblahblah 16-29 55
Kathy 16-29 55
WITS 15-28 54
Mandie Moo 16-31 52
I''m A Banana 16-32 50

Exactly mid-table in the top half, that will do me! Thanks for the stats Nutty and also why do you never do the 6 selections? I have been on this thread for about 1 1/2 seasons and never seen you do it! Very unfair considering you keep this thread together!

Ray and I used to have a go in the early days Alec. We didn''t do much good and we were always quite happy to leave it to you PUPs when the interest grew. My contribution is what I do and I would much rather leave the 40 weeks to the rest of you.

Richard - Last season the whole PUPs League was about 5% better with I think 7 Pups with more than 90%. The cut off point reflected that at 70%. I have no idea why this season has been more difficult.

Ray and I used to have a go in the early days Alec. We didn''t do much good and we were always quite happy to leave it to you PUPs when the interest grew. My contribution is what I do and I would much rather leave the 40 weeks to the rest of you.

Richard - Last season the whole PUPs League was about 5% better with I think 7 Pups with more than 90%. The cut off point reflected that at 70%. I have no idea why this season has been more difficult.

[/quote]

Eddie, I note your reasons above but personally I would love to see you have a go at the final selections.  Even if only for a special occasion / one off, like we did with the world cup.  Yourself in conjunction with 1 or 2 others who have been around from the very beginning making the final selections would be rather fitting.[Y]

You definatly deserve it NN. Been doing a wonderful job keeping this going.

I''m not going to put any more effort into my picks now though :P I spent ages looking at one of those sites on the library on NISCA website, and then the best team in the league, well they kept there not losing since September, but didn''t seem to try and win. Blood French third division :P

Thanks for those sentiments. Maybe oneday but I really do think it''s best that I do what I do and leave it to you guys to make the final selections. It''s worked well as it is for so long.  There''s regularly 60 PUPs pick and only 40 spaces anyway. And this year I''m outside the top 40[:$]

[;)]

I was going to mention my new idea, that i pick the final 6 every week :P But thought that might not be very popular..... But unless i get the rest of the season right, i will still be in the top 40 :D And helping each weeks picker with my rubbish French Division 3 teams :D

Don''t worry about that crazy French result Pele. You have a success rate of 78% and have very often offered a different selection to the final picker so you are obviously doing it right. [Y]