Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

Can we go 3 points clear in 2nd on Monday?

Been thinking about this since Saturday. I don''t know if this is justifiable, but I feel like in the past, when we have had chances to move into auto-promotion places, we have failed to get the win that we wanted. Pre-Lambert I mean. Our recent history on Sky TV does not look too promising either. But for some reason I feel really confident that we will go out and get the win on Monday. I think this current team just have the confidence and ability to ruthlessly turn the screw now that it really counts.

Anybody else think so?

For f*ck sake ''er indoors show some support. If every one of our fans went into the game tomorrow with that attitude there would be no way we would win with the crowd screaming abuse at any player who makes a mistake. If you go to games with that attitude then what''s the point of going?

doom mongers starting before a ball even kicked, why can''t everyone just get behind the team and see where it takes us. OTBC

Knowing the results from this weekend and seeing how they have gone in our favour is helpful - I think we have every opportunity of getting a good win and I''m sure the team will be absolutely raring to go, after the excellent Leicester performance. Being clear in second place is a great incentive.

I hope we can. If we did I reckon we could finish there if we kept up the form and other results keep going in our favour - we still have games away to Swansea and at home to Forest. Cardiff also have Chopra injured and because they drew against Barnsley today a point will be enough to take us to 2nd.

Look what Lambert''s aim was this season - just survival, but he might get automatic promotion!

I hope the players relax and play with confidence knowing we can go 2nd, especially after the weekend results.  I am sure Lambert will be telling the players to go out and play like they did against Leicester, and that it is in our hands now, and that the results which went for us at the weekend will mean nothing if we don''t capitalise on it.  Bristol City are safe in mid table but we have to win those 50-50 challenges and get the crowd behind them from the start. 

[quote user="silver fox"]

I hope the players relax and play with confidence knowing we can go 2nd, especially after the weekend results.  I am sure Lambert will be telling the players to go out and play like they did against Leicester, and that it is in our hands now, and that the results which went for us at the weekend will mean nothing if we don''t capitalise on it.  Bristol City are safe in mid table but we have to win those 50-50 challenges and get the crowd behind them from the start. 

[/quote]

Yes we can do it, we had the same this time last season and the team took the pressure well and that is why I think we are at an advantage over the rest of the top runners, even a draw will put us in second but 3 points will be better and think we will start to pull away from the chasing pack  

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="silver fox"]

[/quote]

Yes we can do it, we had the same this time last season and the team took the pressure well and that is why I think we are at an advantage over the rest of the top runners, even a draw will put us in second but 3 points will be better and think we will start to pull away from the chasing pack  

[/quote]

I agree with both of you. I feel the team is starting to hit a comfortable stride that mirrors last years performance. My guess is the lads know what''s at stake, but Lambert will do a great job in keeping them settled.I just hope the fans keep their cool also and enjoy the entertainment that is Norwich City FC!

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Never in doubt was it? :)[/quote]The brown stains in my pants after Bristol City''s "against the flow of play" goal say otherwise !!