Sign in to follow this  
Gari Baldi

I can't stand another Saturday night if.....

we lose again. The last few saturdays in my house have been really depressing the misses doesn''t talk to me for hours (possibly a good thing) and even the cats in a huff. This year is really hard work being a Norwich fan but I have fond memories of two Saturday nights since August. So come on City I need some joy tomorrow!!

I reckon your wife must be a true saint to put up with you, by the sounds of it!  From what you say she''s even more of an addict than you are, and that deserves some respect!!!  Why don''t you try kicking the cat, or finding a boring woman who can''t care less about the footy?  (Only kidding!)

Thanks for that Chirpy Canary. I wouldn''t want her any other way.
I''m suprised that she has replyed to my post as she spends half her life on this message board!!

The four of us are season tickets and I wouldn''t like to say who is the most miserable when Norwich lose!   On the way home, nobody speaks!

Lets hope tomorrow we have something to celebrate

Come on you Yellows

Gari, thank your lucky stars that you don''t live in a house where you are nagged at for being in the slightest bit concerned about/interested in football. As chirpy said, your wife is to be applauded for loving City as much (if not more) than she loves you.  That shows true dedication in my book. 

Anyway, what are you complaining about when you must have had your fill of enjoyable Saturday evenings last season?  You have to take the rough with the smooth, and, who knows?  You might just have cause to celebrate with a takeaway or something tomorrow evening...and if not...back to hoping that we get lucky at Everton!!!

its like i often know we cant get anything from games but i still find myself optimistic and hopeful. Then when we lose i take it well at first but once it sinks in i get really low

Gari,

I know what you mean, I feel absolutely downcast when we lose. My missus picks me up from the city after the game and has taken to finding out the score before she collects me, so she''ll know what kind of mood I''m in! Does anyone remember that Michael Palin series from a few years back, I think it was called ''Wondrous Stories'' or something similar. In one episode there was a 1930s Northern football supporter whose team got beaten by double figures each week; he used to come home and smash the house up whilst his wife and children calmly sat by! Well, I''m not quite at that stage yet, but not far off!!!  

I know what you mean, you can''t even look forward to MOTD can you?  My wife has stopped saying "it''s only a game" and the dog keeps itself scarce at 4.45pm on Saturdays.  Hopefully we will be celebrating tonight, especially if Liverpool beat Southampton, Man City beat WBA and Spurs can put one over on Palace.  At least other results HAVE gone for us recently, which is something to smile about!!

Link! "Ripping Yarns" was the series with Michael Palin, it was very funny and I remember that particular episode, it was a hoot!

I either celebrate with a drink if we "win", or drown my sorrow''s if we lose. Either way I get a hangover, and the kid''s go without shoes or food for a month.......