Sign in to follow this  
stevencfc4eva

Sky Coverage

dunno if we had the same sky feed over here in the states but it was dead quiet.  i think they intentionally keep the crowd sound fairly low in the broadcast.  dunno why...completely takes away from the atmos.

I live in Florida and always listen on Canaries world and yesterday they showed it here on Tele and online But I always moan that Carrow Road is dead quiet from Mins 3-88 but yesterday all of you sounded AMAZINGGGGGG. I was actually really proud inside how good you guys sounded. Singing almost the whole time. I so wish it could be like that for every game. Keep it up lads. The team kept attacking the whole game and it sounded like it went hand in hand...You kept going they kept going. Good Going all of you. OTBC!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Phyxius"]Have to agree, could hear all the songs loud and clear through sky sports.[/quote]hmm...maybe i''m just spoilt with the commentary from chris/neil/crowd on the radio......

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Ps I do also have surround sound so that amplified it all. Sounded great to me on Fox Soccer Channel
[/quote]

5.1 or 7.1?

I think at times it was rather quiet especially after bristol city but when it got to last 10 minutes it got alot louder and after the goals it turned into a teriffic atmosphere.

Seemed really quiet through the tv but that is always the case i''ve found. Remember getting home from the 2-0 scum game in 2008 where the atmosphere was great but it didn''t come through on the Sky+.

Sky Sports Simon did a good job not to get too carried away - but just like Jake Humphries on the Beeb, it''s great to have enthusiastic supporters presenting.  I still can''t get over it that they both broadcasters showed such a biased approach to our games.  Unless it is the lil'' ole Norwich routine again and no other fancy pants presenter wanted to make the trip - more fool them!

We watched it on Sky and I thought the crowd was pretty quiet for 26,000 [:|]It picked up from about 89 minutes onwards when the game went beyond doubt, but I''m guessing it was more to do with anxiety/frustration in the crowd than anything else

Was actually 24,500 Alejandra, which reminded me how well they managed to show empty seats. I noticed the empty corner (City Stand one, thats never full) loads, and also some behind Ruddy in the first half.

[quote user="nycanary"][quote user="Phyxius"]Have to agree, could hear all the songs loud and clear through sky sports.[/quote]hmm...maybe i''m just spoilt with the commentary from chris/neil/crowd on the radio......[/quote]You can''t beat those guys for commentary. I watched the game in America over the internet on Fox Soccer Plus and thought the crowd were quiet. I tried to turn the sound off and listen to the commentary through the internet radio, but the radio was almost 10 seconds ahead!Kind of spoils it when Chris and Neal go crazy and nothing has yet happened on the TV...[:(]Overall I thought that Norwich controlled Bristol for most of the game. Bristol had a few brief spells, which every team will have, and only rarely looked threatening.

Noticed that there were 3 or 4 effects mics along the Jarrold side of the pitch. Not sure if there were any near the Barclay / Snakepit...I guess that may have had something to do with the atmosphere that came over on the TV

[quote user="Alejandra"]We watched it on Sky and I thought the crowd was pretty quiet for 26,000 [:|]

It picked up from about 89 minutes onwards when the game went beyond doubt, but I''m guessing it was more to do with anxiety/frustration in the crowd than anything else
[/quote]

Hmmmm watched the game back last night after coming back from the game and you could hear the songs and crowd quite well.  Also there was only a few brief moments when the crowd went quiet, otherwise it was always the SP chanting, or both SP and LB.  The noise at times was fantastic, well it was from where we sit in the LB.

Just a shame some of the other stands don''t seem to join in that much, apart from OTBC you rarely hear them.

I taped it and watched it today and thought we sounded really quiet, could hear a few of the songs but not half of the songs I heard  last night.

Don''t they mute the sound a bit so that the commentators can be heard loud and clear?

[quote user="cityangel"]

I taped it and watched it today and thought we sounded really quiet, could hear a few of the songs but not half of the songs I heard  last night.

Don''t they mute the sound a bit so that the commentators can be heard loud and clear?

[/quote]

It is definately muted. The effects mikes are directional and are directed at the pitch. And the crowd noise is controlled to avoid the naughty words coming over. If anything I think they were muted further after we scored the second.