Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Norwich Half Marathon - Good luck Smudger

Good luck in your Norwich Half Marathon run today.  I know you''ve trained hard for this and I''m sure it''ll go well.Only words of wisdom I can offer - don''t get caught up in the excitement at the start and go off faster than your normal speed.  If you control your first couple of miles and stick to your planned pace, you''ll overtake all the runners who went off too fast round about mile 9-10, and that will give you the extra motivation to keep going.Oh, and use the force.

watch out forum nazis about,

its all for a good cause so who cares what forum it goes in.

Good luck!

Thanks for the good wishes and I cooked my own brekkie Tilly.

I finished in 1 hour 49 mins by the race clock, although still awaiting my official timing tag time. I was also beaten by WLY Paul McVeigh!

[quote user="Smudger"]Thanks for the good wishes and I cooked my own brekkie Tilly. I finished in 1 hour 49 mins by the race clock, although still awaiting my official timing tag time. I was also beaten by WLY Paul McVeigh![/quote]

Well done Smudger, remind me to give you some money to put in the kitty when I next see you.

[quote user="Smudger"]Thanks for the good wishes and I cooked my own brekkie Tilly.

I finished in 1 hour 49 mins by the race clock, although still awaiting my official timing tag time. I was also beaten by WLY Paul McVeigh![/quote]That''s an amazing effort Smudge. I ran it today for the Darren Huckerby Trust and I can whole heartedly say that it was the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life. I trained for 2 1/2 months but before that hadn''t even run a mile since High School (eleven years) so I was stoked to finish. Congratulations again on your time!

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"][quote user="Smudger"]Thanks for the good wishes and I cooked my own brekkie Tilly.

I finished in 1 hour 49 mins by the race clock, although still awaiting my official timing tag time. I was also beaten by WLY Paul McVeigh![/quote]That''s an amazing effort Smudge. I ran it today for the Darren Huckerby Trust and I can whole heartedly say that it was the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life. I trained for 2 1/2 months but before that hadn''t even run a mile since High School (eleven years) so I was stoked to finish. Congratulations again on your time![/quote]To be fair, running a half marathon from scratch off a 10 week training program is also a very good achievement, well done you.Beers all round! [B][^]

Well done to you both, great day today, glad it was not this afternoon with all that rain, took me just over two hours this time (the race not getting out of the car park!).

For Smudger...........

[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/smudger1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/Smudger24.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/Smudger3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/Smudger4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/Smudger5.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Now perhaps you can see why WITS was swept off her feet............

[;)]

[/quote]Oh please say they''re an item, they could be our message board''s William and Catherine.[+o(]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[;)]

[/quote]

Oh please say they''re an item, they could be our message board''s William and Catherine.

[+o(]

[/quote]We should know a bit more tomorrow night Chopsey. It''ll be interesting to find out if smudger is stiff.........

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[;)]

[/quote]Oh please say they''re an item, they could be our message board''s William and Catherine.[+o(]

[/quote]We should know a bit more tomorrow night Chopsey. It''ll be interesting to find out if smudger is stiff.........

[/quote]But I thought Smudger and the King of Spain.......Oh well!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[;)]

[/quote]But I thought Smudger and the King of Spain.......Oh well![/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jow3z7v5uo0I met her in a club on the Hellesdon RoadWhere you drink pints of Taddy and your guts explode...

Looks like tomorrow night after the game The Nelson is the place to be so be there or be square.[H]

Anybody not there will be talked about(except Bly of course)

[quote user="Smudger"]Thanks for the good wishes and I cooked my own brekkie Tilly.

I finished in 1 hour 49 mins by the race clock, although still awaiting my official timing tag time. I was also beaten by WLY Paul McVeigh![/quote]Well done Smudger. Hope you enjoyed it and the money you raised made it all worth while.I''d be surprised if most people on a long run didn''t get beaten by a professional footballer.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Looks like tomorrow night after the game The Nelson is the place to be so be there or be square.[H]

Anybody not there will be talked about(except Bly of course)

[/quote]I will be there Mr T as i want to be first inline when they hand out the wedding invites ;-)

[quote user="Smudger"]Thanks for the good wishes and I cooked my own brekkie Tilly. I finished in 1 hour 49 mins by the race clock, although still awaiting my official timing tag time. I was also beaten by WLY Paul McVeigh![/quote]

Huge well done mate, proud of you [:)][Y]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="lappinitup"]Be interesting to see if she''s flashing her ring in the Nelson tonight. [:D]

[/quote]No cheese straws for you tonight then!

[/quote][:''(][:''(][:''(]

I finished in 1 hour 49 mins by the race clock, although still awaiting my official timing tag time. I was also beaten by WLY Paul McVeigh![/quote]

Bloody good effort, Well done!