Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week thirty two of the free bet season. This week we have yet another member of the Free Bet Hall of Fame NewYorkcanary in charge and making the final selections. NewYork, like Inchy last week, has selected over 100 winning picks since the free bet started. Many of you know NewYork as Justin of the New York Canaries and he epitomises how these threads unite fans from across the world. Justin has been a tremendous supporter of the free bet since the beginning and I’ve been looking forward to his week in charge all season.

Justin has been in tremendous form again this season and has picked correctly in each of the last nine weeks. But he will still need all our help if he is to get another winning week for the academy.. This is where you will our PUPs library on the NCISA web site useful.

And don’t forget to check out our Face Group page. Kev is updating it regularly and it’s a good way of keeping in touch with other PUPs.

I’m sure all you PUPs would join me in congratulating that part-time PUP Smudger who completed his half marathon in a very good time and also beat his sponsorship targets for Cystic Fibrosis and Diabetes. We are very proud of you Smudger but you need to start picking more regularly again.[;)]

And I’m sure some of you also sponsored Devon when he cultivated that ‘tache for Movember. I am in posession of this photo (Thanks WITS) and hopefully Ben will be able to explain who’s who. But I think Ben is on the right.

Good things come in threes and the third sponsored event I have to remind you about is this weeks picker Justin’s wife Allyson who is running the Boston Marathon next month for the Dana Farber Cancer Center. Details can be found HERE

Good luck with that Allyson[Y]

I now have the rota for April confirmed : -

April 2nd Mister Chops

April 9th Yankee Canary

April 16th NCFCStar

April 23rd Til 1010

April 30th Shack Attack

I’ll hand the free bet over to NewYork now, enjoy your week in charge, there

s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get x2 by your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Justin... the free bet is yours.......[:)]...

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, yes Norfolkchance1 £1182 for the Academy,so far.

Rapid Vienna  v  LASK Linz  (home win)

Vienna are 4th on 40 points while Linz on 11 are propping up the table

Very best of luck one and all [Y]

For Herman the German 2nd Division this week.

FC AUGSBURG       V    Rott-weiss Oberhausen         HOME WIN

2nd top v 2nd bottom 

Good luck all[Y]

Thanks for the kind words Eddie. I''ve been looking forward to my week for some time and I hope to do the Pickers proud. I did want to say that because of the time difference, I will be making my picks on Friday around Lunchtime for me.... that means about 5 PM Norwich time for you. So please give me as many choices as possible.... Pick whatever match suits your fancy, but I will say from the outset I have always been partial to Europe....

OTBC!

I fancy the Czech republic this week so will go with....Sparta Praha v Brno.....Home win.The very best of luck to New york an all this weeks pups.[Y]

Sticking with Scotland, and hoping the weather will hold!! In Scottish Division One:

Dunfermline -v- Stirling HOME WIN

Dunfermline are currently second, pushing for the automatic promotion spot, with 47 pts from 27 games and a GD of +19. Stirling are firmly rooted to the bottom with 16 pts from their 25 games and a GD of -33.

Good Luck everyone.

Good evening Nutmeister,good luck to Mr. & Mrs. newyorkcanary in your efforts for this coming weekend and good luck to all you other PUPs out there.

Sorry to be boring but hey it has to be a home win for BARCELONA v Getafe.

Just to let you know Nutty April 23rd is fine with me and look forward to seeing you Friday night at Kevins 60th.( no not you Mr Hardwick!)

I''m off to Portugal this week for what I think is a banker in a bid to arrest my slide out of the "Fab40"

FC Porto v Academica - Home Win

Porto are top having W21 D2 L0 F53 A7 (and are still 100% at home 12/12), whilst Academica are 4th bottom with W6 D7 L10 F28 A36.

Best of luck NewYork (from Sid in Las Vegas for the next fortnight) and of course all PUPs.

As promised last week, i''ve had plenty of time to scout around for this week''s nap and have come up with a fixture from the Macedonian league. Top of the league FK Skendija to win away at bottom club FK Pelister. Skendija have won 12 drawn 6 and lost 3. Pelister have won 3 drawn 3 and lost 15.

Good luck NewYorkcanary and all PUPs

MC

Portugal for me this week.

Porto, have won their last 8, and are hosting Academica who have only won once in the last 8, and very impressively, Porto have only conceded 7 times in 23 games.

PORTO vs Academica- Home win

Good Luck :D

This looks a difficult week to me NYC. In an attempt to offer you something different I''m going to Scottish League Division Three where Annan on the back of two successive away wins (3-2 & 5-1) are at home to Montrose who have lost three of their last four.

Annan Athletic      v      Montrose      Home Win

Good luck everyone.

Nutty - you have a pm - thank you!

My choice this week...is not to go near the championship! So its Accrington v Port Vale - home win. Good luck all!!!

Found this a bit tricky this week but I''m also going for a home win for FC Porto v. Academia.

Good Luck, newyorkcanary!