Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

New Striker

If I was PL I would loan Jackson back to Peterborough with a view to selling him in the summer as a make weight for CMS. We can cope without Jackson as Hooly can play as second striker. We will have Wilbry back shortly and Martin also.

What do you think?

I don''t know what everyone''s obsession with getting rid of Jackson is. HE is still very young and still needs a chance, although if we go up I would loan him out to a Champ club or he will never improve without regular games.

Also you suggest Wilbraham is back soon as if will solve scoring problems, he has only scored one goal (this is not a dig I think he''s quite a good target man. Chrissy only has 4 also. CMS is an option we really need to take but I wouldn''t personally use Jackson as a makeweight as I think he still has a massive future here.

Ferguson said he has a list of replacements for CMS anyway.

Haven''t seen much from Jackson to suggest he''s ever going to make it at this level, he may be quick but get''s knocked off the ball far to easily and his finishing is a bit erratic, from what I''ve seen of CMS he looks a far better finisher and doesn''t seem to get knocked off the ball as easily as Jackson.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Haven''t seen much from Jackson to suggest he''s ever going to make it at this level, he may be quick but get''s knocked off the ball far to easily and his finishing is a bit erratic, from what I''ve seen of CMS he looks a far better finisher and doesn''t seem to get knocked off the ball as easily as Jackson.
[/quote]

Doesn''t mean we can''t have one or the other.

[quote user="Ben Tobin"]If I was PL I would loan Jackson back to Peterborough [/quote]

''back'' to Peterborough? Always thought he came from Gillingham myself.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Haven''t seen much from Jackson to suggest he''s ever going to make it at this level, he may be quick but get''s knocked off the ball far to easily and his finishing is a bit erratic, from what I''ve seen of CMS he looks a far better finisher and doesn''t seem to get knocked off the ball as easily as Jackson.[/quote]I want Jackson to succeed, but he reminds me a tad of Cureton the last time he played for us - it''s just not quite working for him. That said, there is no way we can let a striker go, even if we get CMS in -  we simply don''t have the backup at the moment with Martin and Wilby injured.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="kdncfc"]Haven''t seen much from Jackson to suggest he''s ever going to make it at this level, he may be quick but get''s knocked off the ball far to easily and his finishing is a bit erratic, from what I''ve seen of CMS he looks a far better finisher and doesn''t seem to get knocked off the ball as easily as Jackson.[/quote]I want Jackson to succeed, but he reminds me a tad of Cureton the last time he played for us - it''s just not quite working for him. That said, there is no way we can let a striker go, even if we get CMS in -  we simply don''t have the backup at the moment with Martin and Wilby injured.[/quote]PL said he thought that Martin and Wilbraham would be back soon and both offer more than Jackson imo, out of the four we already have if any had to go it would be Jackson for me.

Why don''t we recall Oli J and offer him in a player plus cash deal for CMS?

I like Oli but i''d do this deal to get CMS withouth breaking the bank. Same goes for Cody come to that but not sure we can get him back this season.

Next season Cody will be more useful as he has a bit of creativity as well as potency. Jackson is just potent (if given a run in the team).

Jackson currently has possession of the "scapegoat of the month" jacket previously worn by Wilbraham, both Martins, Ward, Lappin and one or two others.

We currently have two fit strikers.

We are trying to strengthen up-front.

We are not going to get rid of a striker, to get another striker in.

If we sign anyone, it won''t mean we are getting rid of our strikers.

Jackson is going nowhere this year, and probably nowhere during the summer. I think , given time, he''ll prove his worth. He actually played fairly well on Monday, but just lacked confidence in front of goal.

[quote user="Webbo118"]Jackson currently has possession of the "scapegoat of the month" jacket previously worn by Wilbraham, both Martins, Ward, Lappin and one or two others.[/quote]I thought he played well on Monday, just couldn''t quite get the touch he needed for a goal. Hold up play and movement was good.However, that didn''t stop people ringing up to criticise him on Canary Call after the match! There''s only so much "comedy gold" you can take - I mean seriously, up to 2nd in the Championship, beyond most supporters'' wildest expectations of this season, after a very comfortable (although late) win over a side who have won 4 on the trot and people STILL feel the most important thing is to have a good old moan about Jackson.I just cannot see why we would even consider attempting to exchange him at this stage of the season. Even if Martin and Wilbraham come back from injury ready for the last 8 games, Martin will not be match fit, and there is no way we will risk being light up top with the loan window slamming shut in 7 days.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Webbo118"]Jackson currently has possession of the "scapegoat of the month" jacket previously worn by Wilbraham, both Martins, Ward, Lappin and one or two others.[/quote]I thought he played well on Monday, just couldn''t quite get the touch he needed for a goal. Hold up play and movement was good.However, that didn''t stop people ringing up to criticise him on Canary Call after the match! There''s only so much "comedy gold" you can take - I mean seriously, up to 2nd in the Championship, beyond most supporters'' wildest expectations of this season, after a very comfortable (although late) win over a side who have won 4 on the trot and people STILL feel the most important thing is to have a good old moan about Jackson.I just cannot see why we would even consider attempting to exchange him at this stage of the season. Even if Martin and Wilbraham come back from injury ready for the last 8 games, Martin will not be match fit, and there is no way we will risk being light up top with the loan window slamming shut in 7 days.[/quote]

I phoned up to voice my support for Jackson, so not all negative, i think some people are not happy unless moaning, and yes i mean you, TONY from canary call!