Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

NEW SIGNING FOR NORWICH...

One thing we know for sure about Dion is that he is professional down to the core. I can''t see any way he would be announcing something like that unless he was meant to.Having looked at some of his goals, my feeling is that he appears to be a more developed more physical Cody. Opposition centre halves are going to know they''re been in a game with our forward line!

Wow, could we have asked for a better night, he seems the sort of player to get on the end of things.

Can''t sleep now I am this excited after night, feel like a kid at christmas.

Premier League is looking like a realistic goal, but even with this signing I would be confident in the Play Off''s aswell.

I just urge fans not to get on his back if he doesn''t score within his first ten minutes, just let him settle in and find his feet.

OTBC

Mackail-Smith would be a brilliant signing. He has been at Posh for several years having moved there from non-League football with Dagenham & Redbridge.He has played one season in The Championship and scored about one goal in four but that was in a rubbish team that finished rock bottom that season. With better players around him I''m sure he''d be a real handful for opposition defendersHe has a knack of scoring goals and would link up really well with Holt.I really hope this one comes off.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]
He has a knack of scoring goals and would link up really well with Holt.

I really hope this one comes off.....
[/quote]

I hope so too Smithy. Whatever sort of handful would those two be together! Awesome!

I agree, this is a bit out of the blue, and not the normal way the club breaks news.I really hope Dion is right on this.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Would Ncfc REALLY allow news of a new signing be announced through ''late night kick-off '' by an ex-player??!.........I''m not quite buying this one just at the moment ?![/quote]

So you''re not buying into the fact that one of the most respected ex-professionals in the game (with strong connections locally) would risk putting the Beeb in the bad books of two local clubs if this was not already cut-and-dried?

Seems a deal has been done, can''t understand why Posh let him go now when so well placed in Div 1, recently sold Aaron Mclean to Hull.  If true Posh sell all their strikers.

Did Barry Fry have anything to say, plenty I''m sure

Lovely piece of business that. Triffic stuff. And this news adds to the fact that I just watched my first full 90 minutes of Norwich on a huge TV for the first time in yeeaarrrss. I found a sports subscriber who offers the games in America. They''re also going to show the Swansea and Forest games.  Norwich looked pretty much in control of Bristol from start to finish. Excellent game.Whoever the poster was who said feeling like a kid at christmas.... indeed!   Absolutely bloody fantastic day!!!!

[quote user="Big Ginge"][quote user="Longy"]Sounds like McKail Smith to me.If so good signing imo, fitting in with Lamberts policy of signing young hungry lower division players.

[/quote]

Lower divison..... yes, Hungry..... maybe, Young..... at 27 not sure he quite fits that bill![/quote]as a man ''celebrating'' his 30th birthday this week it seems really young to me ;)

This is all a little strange.  Once again, until the club confirm anything, then we''ll wait and see...  Would be good iof true, but i''d also imagine it''ll be most of that 2 million gone.  But we are desperate for a striker niw...

There was me thinking we were about to unveil some German talent after the recent Pink''un story, not unhappy with this though, could be just what we need to see us over the line.....

I have seen him play a lot, very quick never gives the opposition any peace his game has benefited since Mcclean went to Hull.

He used fluff a few one on ones but seems to have eliminated that fault from his game now.

I have heard the transfer will go through ''this week''.

If Dion is so sure it is done and had the nod to release the info, why not the official website, EDP or SS or Beeb Sport? Seems a little strange, unless it was mr McNallys way of saying thanks fans have this bit of info whilst we firm it up and are allowed to release it?

Posh fans local to me thought he might move on during the transfer window, but considering the position they are in now themselves they would be very unhappy if he were to leave at this stage. Posh are one of the form teams in League 1 at the moment and losing him now could well put the skids on their whole promotion push.

Here is a article about Mikail-Smith from 2008, sounds like a Grant Holt MkII. Great if it comes off.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2008/sep/23/peterborough.leagueonefootball

HRH

Fergie Jnr on twitter,''What''s the point, seems like the decision has already been made, Im livid and thats an understatement!!!''then''Been

up most of the night trying to stop this from happening, I hope they

(the board) really do have second thoughts about this''then''I''ve been warned by the club not to say anything more about the situation''Make of that what you will.

Just seen bid has been rejected but think this might carry on for a bit!! Can a club like Peterborough really refuse £2-3 million. Would b the final piece of jigsaw for that final push if we could get him!! Fingers crossed and lets see what happens!!

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Fergie Jnr on twitter,''What''s the point, seems like the decision has already been made, Im livid and thats an understatement!!!''then''Been

up most of the night trying to stop this from happening, I hope they

(the board) really do have second thoughts about this''then''I''ve been warned by the club not to say anything more about the situation''Make of that what you will.[/quote]If that''s really Ferguson, he needs to work on his diplomacy skills!

Ooh interesting Nuff, trying to appease the fans maybe? Next statement may be "The player wanted to go etc etc etc!!??"

Its way too much money for a league 1 club to turn down!

And later in the same thread on the Posh MB someone says "That''d be the fake Darren Ferguson account!!! Some how I don''t see our Darren being up @ 4am watching Next Friday!! Lol!

". Although he is tweeting to somone who claims to be his brother, so it''s an elabirate fake if it is one.This made me laugh too:"This is not the sort of news I wanted to wake up to, I shall have my say

on Twitter, where I can use the words I deem necessary without fear of

being slung of the forum. Drury, McKenzie, to a degree Martin every time

we get a player worth his weight in gold, bloody Norwich come in and

usurp them.Are you listening Delia"Someone''s got a long memory - when did we sign Drury? And Posh couldn''t see how good Martin is, they didn''t want him!

Am I the only one not jumping for joy if this happens? Don''t get me wrong, I''m not saying he isn''t a good player and that he won''t score goals, but I just think 2-3 million is a lot of money to spend on a 27 year old who scored most of his goals in a lower league; I''m not saying that it can''t work but 2-3 million is a big risk. Jackson has barely scored despite banging them in for fun at lower leagues and is younger than Mckail-Smith, likewise Martin scored a few in the championship a few seasons ago, scored a lot in league 1 and has struggled for goals this season; and what if we are in the prem next season? If it pays off then great, I just think 2-3 million is alot of money to spend on this type of player, especially if we do get promoted to the premiership and he can''t cut it. Don''t get me wrong I really do hope he is worth it though