Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Adam le Fondre Anyone?

Seen him pop up a few times on Football league show, don''t know much about him but looks a pretty good finisher.

Just watched a montage of his 50 goals in 87 games and there''s a nice overhead kick, looks a crowd pleaser.

You know all your going to do is start another Cody argument? (Because, in his first ''full'' season, he''s on 1/2 goals less than Le Fondre, who is in his 6th/7th....)

We shouldn''t be trying to sign someone like Le Fondre, when we are sitting in 2nd place, with a very good chance of going up to the Prem. There should be better players available if we are going to be a Premiership club next season.

He has potential but it is just a pointless signing in my book. Whats the point in gamblng on a striker scoring loads of goals in league 2, when you already someone at the club who is doing that in Cody McDonald. You might as well give him a go if you were going to go down that road. But I will readily admit that I have absolutely no idea who we should be trying to sign. I think 2/3 million for CMS is ridiculous. Is Ched Evans available perhaps? Sheff Utd must be close to giving up the ghost by now.

I think the point about Ched Evans is a good one. If we sign CMS now there would be little chance of signing Evans later. The question is, how much we need to strengthen now and the price we will pay for that.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I think the point about Ched Evans is a good one. If we sign CMS now there would be little chance of signing Evans later. The question is, how much we need to strengthen now and the price we will pay for that.[/quote]Tried to sign Evans on FM 11, they wanted 6.4m for him, yet Ipswich only wanted 3.1m for Wickham lol...

I remember reading on a Blades messageboard how they couldn''t quite believe how highly regarded he was by our fans -at the time he was doing absolutely sweet fa for them.

It''s a strange one with Ched. Highly regarded at Man City, Sparky liked him, was a revelation on loan with us.

We would have had him here permanently in a heartbeat if possible a couple of years ago, now there must be a question mark given his lack of form and progression.

What has happened to a player that you would have put your house on once to have a glittering career ahead of him?

[quote user="walks on water"]

I remember reading on a Blades messageboard how they couldn''t quite believe how highly regarded he was by our fans -at the time he was doing absolutely sweet fa for them.

It''s a strange one with Ched. Highly regarded at Man City, Sparky liked him, was a revelation on loan with us.

We would have had him here permanently in a heartbeat if possible a couple of years ago, now there must be a question mark given his lack of form and progression.

What has happened to a player that you would have put your house on once to have a glittering career ahead of him?

[/quote]

I think the coaching staff and management sometimes have to carry the can sometimes. Remember speaking to a Sheff Utd friend who had been to the training ground a fair bit and he explained to me why Billy Sharp hadnt fired at Sheff Utd but had been fantastic for Doncaster. He believed it was because Blackwell''s method had been make Sharp come deep to recieve the ball rather than sitting on the shoulder. Most of his training also revolved around dead ball plays/restarts which also wouldnt have played to his strengths. Maybe the same has happened to Evans? But you dont become a bad player overnight and he has also scored some sublime goals for Wales.

Not sure about Le Fondre. Ched would be good and could probably handle the Prem. I think at this point CMS is the man for it though with his current form and workrate/finishing/record and also what is usually the peak age for a striker