Sign in to follow this  
Archie

Advice Needed on getting old Norwich football shirts - team in Zanzibar

New member but old poster here, I used to post back in the early 2000s in the days of the very old website and posters such as Foghorn and Mook. Been reading ever since but just haven''t posted, I''m not sure why...

Before the forum police attack me for posting in the wrong forum, I apologise but let''s be honest no-one reads the other ones and this may well be more interesting/useful than some of the tat which finds its way on to these forums!

I am hoping that some kind soul may have some advice on who to get in touch with at the club about securing some sort of link up between NCFC and a team in Tanzania. A close friend from Pemba Island (who I have converted to being a Norwich fan, he is spreading the word) runs a team called Vijana Leo (the Youth of Today) who have just been promoted to the Zanzibar premier league, but they may have to withdraw because they lack the money needed to travel round the islands and to get a proper strip. I hope to cover their travel costs, but would love to see the team in Norwich colours, from whatever year.

I seem to remember a Norwich fan a few years back going to Sierra Leone doing a similar thing. Perhaps people could suggest who to contact at the club or if they have any other ideas - there was a charity called Football 4 Africa doing this sort of thing but they seem to have moved on to others things...

Thanks in advance

Archie

Set something up so people can donate, I have loads, and would happily donate a few for the cause.

You could even set up a giving site so people could donate a few quid once on a while?

Jas, nu_matlik, thank you very much - a very generous offer. And snakepit Ric - kind wordsI may try and go through the club first as it would be great to get a complete kit (perhaps at the end of the season when we get a new home strip). If not, I may well take you up on your offer!

Try twittering Fry or McNally.Aim for the head-honchos,nothing to lose really.Good luck anyway,and keep us updated[Y]

Initially you need to get in touch with the lovely Chloe who can either start the ball rolling or point you in exactly the right direction. If you pm me I will supply you with her email address.

It would be good for the fans also to get involed especially if we are going to form some kind of link. Maybe we can raise the odd £3m or so and buy CMS for them.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

Initially you need to get in touch with the lovely Chloe who can either start the ball rolling or point you in exactly the right direction. If you pm me I will supply you with her email address.

It would be good for the fans also to get involed especially if we are going to form some kind of link. Maybe we can raise the odd £3m or so and buy CMS for them.

[/quote]I used to work for Hollywood Bowl and every year they had a 5 a side tournament for all of the bowls in the country at Pride Park. One of our managers got in touch with the club (could have been through Chloe but this was 6 years ago) and they sent us 10 full kits from the reserve team. All shirts and shorts numbered.I really REALLY hope the club still operate like this and do all they can to promote the club and associate itself with fans worldwide.

Old replica shirts trade on eBay and other websites for £50+ these days.And you have a team in Zanzibar, of all places.... and they couldn''t just wear yellow T-shirts but need replica NCFC kits?  Okay.....

Assuming you''re serious - that''s pretty cynical Mr C, sounded like a genuine request to me. Anyway if it''s really the case (which I doubt) that old Norwich shirts are going for £50 on eBay then I''m sitting on a small fortune tucked away in a chest of drawers in my spare room.

[quote user="Archie"]New member but old poster here, I used to post back in the early 2000s in the days of the very old website and posters such as Foghorn and Mook. Been reading ever since but just haven''t posted, I''m not sure why... Before the forum police attack me for posting in the wrong forum, I apologise but let''s be honest no-one reads the other ones and this may well be more interesting/useful than some of the tat which finds its way on to these forums! I am hoping that some kind soul may have some advice on who to get in touch with at the club about securing some sort of link up between NCFC and a team in Tanzania. A close friend from Pemba Island (who I have converted to being a Norwich fan, he is spreading the word) runs a team called Vijana Leo (the Youth of Today) who have just been promoted to the Zanzibar premier league, but they may have to withdraw because they lack the money needed to travel round the islands and to get a proper strip. I hope to cover their travel costs, but would love to see the team in Norwich colours, from whatever year. I seem to remember a Norwich fan a few years back going to Sierra Leone doing a similar thing. Perhaps people could suggest who to contact at the club or if they have any other ideas - there was a charity called Football 4 Africa doing this sort of thing but they seem to have moved on to others things... Thanks in advance Archie[/quote]

Friend of mine just bought 8 of the last-but-one home shirts from the shop for £10 each? I think they have some left and would be up for a deal. If they are have a whip round on here.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]Assuming you''re serious - that''s pretty cynical Mr C, sounded like a genuine request to me. Anyway if it''s really the case (which I doubt) that old Norwich shirts are going for £50 on eBay then I''m sitting on a small fortune tucked away in a chest of drawers in my spare room.[/quote]

Chops - Hang your head in shame.

Some of the old ones, Adiadas Asics go for £50+

PS- If you have got the Asics one, I''ll have it!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Old replica shirts trade on eBay and other websites for £50+ these days.And you have a team in Zanzibar, of all places.... and they couldn''t just wear yellow T-shirts but need replica NCFC kits?  Okay.....[/quote]WHY ARE YOU SUCH A MASSIVE F*CKING COCK?????

Appreciate all the advice everyone, thank you very much. I''ll get in touch with Chloe, and of course update all on how it goesArchie

Haha I am going there this summer to research (I am a postgrad student) so will of course keep an eye out but I''m not sure how many top class footballers come out of East Africa.... Mariga at Inter and that''s about it?