Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Glad we aren't getting CMS

[quote user="bristolyella"]

1.5m upfront and 1m as add ons is a generous bid for a player in the third tier of english football!

If McNally doesn''t think he is worth more than that, then that is good enough for me and we will move on!

If a deal could be done then I would be happy to see CMS here but as many others have stated we cant be held to ransom.

I trust McNally and his track record so far goes to prove we all should!!! OTBC

[/quote]

I guess Buying Holt from the  4rd tier  hasnt worked either! jesus! I guess you havent seen this boy, his work rate is superb, 27 goals and assist most other goals.....guess that isnt worth the risk.. muppet!

[quote user="Darren Lamb"]Watching him against Southampton a while ago I was really impressed with him, he is absolutely relentless, full of pace, strength and also knows how to finish. I fully believe we should have another good go at this in the summer, hopefully Peterborough will not get promoted and we can get him easier. We can still get a good 5 years out of him, although we may not be able to sell him on for big bucks in the future like the Ashton and Earnie deals I feel we need to be thinking about now because I fully believe this guy is a bit special![/quote]

Spot on!

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]I reckon he''s over-rated and would be an expensive flop... one we can''t afford should we fail to gain promotion.I am still convinced that another year at least in Division Two lies ahead for NCFC.[/quote]

typical idiot response!!! [/quote]Get a grip lightweight.Another dreamer with a short memory.

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Alex"]In all honesty, I''ll be dissappointed if we don''t end up getting CMS (situation doesn''t look quite over to me) - But, by the same token, i wouldn''t have him here in a manner that was done just to please the fans, i think we''ve got excellent staff at this club now from top to bottom, and trust that if they decide the situations a no goer, well, that''ll be more than good enough for me and long may it continue.[/quote]

cause jackson running around like a headless chicken and wilbrahams likeness to a static wheelie bin is what we need!
[/quote]

Because we''ve done terribly this season so far haven''t we - what a disgrace!

He is not worth £3m. The Peterborough board are just calling our bluff which is their perogative and good for them BUT we''re second in the table with a strike-force of 4 assembled for about £1.3m.

I''d like to see him he if it means promotion but that''s doing a massive diservice to the people we''ve already got. As another poster said, getting him does not guarantee promotion nor does not getting him guarantee failing to get promoted. Er, if that makes sense.

The idea of getting him: yes

Getting him for £3m: no thanks

[QUOTE]

im all for us going up, but only for 1 season to clear the debts

[/QUOTE]

Would be great to go up and clear the debts. But seriously "but only for one season" Should we get to the premiership i want Norwich to stay there and progress by developing the squad, ground, and keep Paul Lambert. I''m not wasting ay more typing on the idiocy of your comment or any justification you might have for it.

I completely agree. I like him and would be very happy with him here. £3m? Kiss my swingers! He can stay with Posh and allow the injustice to slowly eat away at him until he resents the Chairman more than he hates Hair-Gel and his form suffers because of it. I know he is good at not letting it affect him, before people say that but he''s not a robot, it''s bound to be a factor somewhere down the line.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]I completely agree. I like him and would be very happy with him here. £3m? Kiss my swingers! He can stay with Posh and allow the injustice to slowly eat away at him until he resents the Chairman more than he hates Hair-Gel and his form suffers because of it. I know he is good at not letting it affect him, before people say that but he''s not a robot, it''s bound to be a factor somewhere down the line.[/quote]But you not paying that up front, if he gets a few goals.. which Wilbraham and Jackson look unlikly to get the extra 1.5 add on is errilavant as we would be in the prem... if we dont make it you dont pay it. plus we have bid 2.5, i realy cant see the issue! simple maths!

You''re missing the point - they won''t go for it! They will only go for "no risk'' add ons. I would assume goals and/or appearances (i guess they''re low risk rather than no risk). The risk of not getting add-ons due to not being promoted isn''t on the table as far as Posh are concerned. That''s the problem and also the sticking point.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]You''re missing the point - they won''t go for it! They will only go for "no risk'' add ons. I would assume goals and/or appearances (i guess they''re low risk rather than no risk). The risk of not getting add-ons due to not being promoted isn''t on the table as far as Posh are concerned. That''s the problem and also the sticking point.[/quote]

No w we are seconding guessing the deal which we dont know..... the city website said we put 1.5 down with 1 as add on''s. I can only base my opionion on this! The facts stand wilbraham and Jackson aren''t cutting it at the moment, and i would have every midfeilder in front of them. But i cant argue with the team performance i just wnat us to push this last bit... I have faith in Lambert and what he decides ill accept!