Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Delia Smith :D

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Undignified and totally inappropriate from a ''club owner'' at any level. Imagine Geoffrey Watling behaving in a similar manner?.. or Arthur South or the great Robert Chase?Regarding McNally and Bowkett... they were little more than pre-administration ''administrators'' tasked with sorting out Smith''s mess. If she could have carried on without someone coming in to bail her out should would have done.And so the sheep safely graze.

[/quote]I wish we were in League One still, then we could all have a good old moan.The Great Robert Chase ?!?Yeh...jog on.Rather be a sheep than a Donkey mate !!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]the great Robert Chase?[/quote]Hehe!  Thats Cluckwit for you. [:D][/quote]I personally think he''s losing his touch. He needs some new material - surely everyone is used to his blatant windups by now?!

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Undignified and totally inappropriate from a ''club owner'' at any level. Imagine Geoffrey Watling behaving in a similar manner?.. or Arthur South or the great Robert Chase?Regarding McNally and Bowkett... they were little more than pre-administration ''administrators'' tasked with sorting out Smith''s mess. If she could have carried on without someone coming in to bail her out should would have done.And so the sheep safely graze.[/quote]Sorry Cluck, but you''re the sheep here. You blindly follow your vendetta without ever making any concession to the other side of the argument. Your opinion is ''Delia is bad, she has always been bad, she has never done anything good, she is an embarrassment to the club'', blah blah blah. The only reason you keep trotting out this garbage is to get a rise out of people, which is pretty sad really. The majority of Norwich fans can see the good and the bad from Delia and MWJ''s time at the club, yet anyone who makes any positive comment about any aspect of her tenure is immediately labelled a ''sheep'' who is blind to reality. The reality is that we got into a right old mess, made some naive decisions and big mistakes, and in the last 18 months the board has stabilised the club and given us a very solid platform for the future. Keep spouting your tunnel-vision tripe, mate, it''s funny. You''re this forum''s urinal cake - you exist solely to get p*ssed all over by people.

Same little bunch of Deliarites sticking up for their celeb icon.You really should shake off those apron strings and try to think for yourself a bit more. The reality of Delia Smith''s laughable tenure is plain for all to see... and now you''re crediting her for being forced to bring in someone to to sort her mess out? Don''t make me laugh.....Namby pamby Liberal voters no doubt (if you''re old enough) and clearly dominated by a feminist in your personal lives.Lambs to the slaughter... having been been perfectly fleeced along the way.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Same little bunch of Deliarites sticking up for their celeb icon.You really should shake off those apron strings and try to think for yourself a bit more. The reality of Delia Smith''s laughable tenure is plain for all to see... and now you''re crediting her for being forced to bring in someone to to sort her mess out? Don''t make me laugh.....Namby pamby Liberal voters no doubt (if you''re old enough) and clearly dominated by a feminist in your personal lives.Lambs to the slaughter... having been been perfectly fleeced along the way.

[/quote]Blub.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Same little bunch of Deliarites sticking up for their celeb icon.You really should shake off those apron strings and try to think for yourself a bit more. The reality of Delia Smith''s laughable tenure is plain for all to see... and now you''re crediting her for being forced to bring in someone to to sort her mess out? Don''t make me laugh.....Namby pamby Liberal voters no doubt (if you''re old enough) and clearly dominated by a feminist in your personal lives.Lambs to the slaughter... having been been perfectly fleeced along the way.

[/quote]Isn''t computer hour at the retirement home up by now ?I thought it was time for dinner before they lock you up for bed time !?

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Here we bloody go again.......A hint of success and the old old cook is busy milking the club she nearly ruined.Dear oh dear.[/quote]

Go point your little pecker in another direction, the NCFC fire is burning too brightly for your pathetic trickle of piss to dampen it.

[/quote] When I read Cluckberts pathetic post I thought I''ve got to write something to slate him. Then Raymond, I read your follow up, and I don''t think anyone could better that! I''m not even going to try.

Nothing of substance in defence of the pious mother figure....Point made and yet another exposure of the limp wristed support Smith has gathered around her.

I suppose you have to give Cluck credit for standing alone when all his supporters have jumped ship. That ship is just about sunk now and most of the crew don''t post anymore or post very occassionally. Makes you wonder why they ever posted at all.

Alas, Poor Cluck has met with a terrible fate he has. . yet he still holds his proud head high...the captain after all always goes down with his ship!

But the crew are long gone....

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]the great Robert Chase?

[/quote]Hehe!  Thats Cluckwit for you. [:D][/quote]

I personally think he''s losing his touch. He needs some new material - surely everyone is used to his blatant windups by now?!

[/quote]

He''s never been the same since he lost his wingman (or should that be lost his wingman''s password [:D]).

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Nothing of substance in defence of the pious mother figure....Point made and yet another exposure of the limp wristed support Smith has gathered around her.

[/quote]Don''t you ever take a look at yourself and think "Hang on, I''ve spent countless days of my life posting on here, but I''ve only ever said three different things"?Variety is the spice of life – why don''t you take up a hobby to get rid of some of that bile that''s building up inside you? I recommend lacrosse, BASE jumping (preferably without a parachute) or supporting Ipswich.

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]It might just be my opinion, but i seriously can not see how anyone can knock delia and the board[/quote]

You should have been around here a few years ago when we weren''t doing so well - It was truly embarrassing what supposed ''grown men'' were calling her. And i totally disagree with the notion that her ''celebrity status'' is why we''re gathering so many more younger fans. None of the newer supporters of the younger generation are going to be bothered about that, i mean, she''s not exactly Cheryl Cole or the latest cool celebrity is she? They''re supporting the club for no other reason than the team itself, so i''m afraid that ''celebrity'' accusation just doesn''t wash with me - it''s just a pretty bad excuse for people who, truth be known, can''t handle a woman on top ;)...

Ginger Pele
Met her before the match as part of the ''Celebration'' package (for my dad''s 60th birthday) - she was having her pre-match meal, and actually stopped mid-meal to sign autographs, pose for photos and have a chat - even got one of her friends to take a picture of all three of us together. Say what you like about Delia, but her passion for the club and its supporters is beyond doubt. I''m so glad that they hired McNally and, in turn, Lambert, or things might have got really ugly in League One. She told us that, retrospectively, she believed that relegation to League One was actually a blessing in disguise for the club; I''m a firm believer that we learn more from our failures than from our successes, and without that relegation we might have coasted along in lower-mid-table without seeing the need to make wholesale changes. I believe that relegation, and the groundswell of anti-board sentiment that followed it, caused them to seriously reassess their role, and since then we have really turned the corner. I just couldn''t see anything but an ugly ending when they appointed Gunn and we got relegated. How times have changed.

Here here!

After leaving the 3rd tier in 1960 I never thought I''d see it again in my lifetime, so last season was a shock although dropping down has proved a blessing in disguise how it turned out, although more than one season in that Division may of set the club back for a number of years!

Had we somehow stayed up with Gunn, messrs Doncaster and Mumby would have stayed on with the same old policies and it would have only been delaying the inevitable which would have made the atmosphere amongst the fans and directors even more poinsonous than what it was in 2009. Plus the fact that messrs Lambert and Mcnally would have probably never came into club, means that we wouldn''t be where we are now!

Prior to the great appointment of Mcnally, I felt that for the club to move forward, Delia and her husband would have to sell their majority shareholdings but Mcnally has given the regime fresh impetus and I doubt the club could be in better hands!

Whilst this is true grantroederdisaster, McNally and Bowkett didn''t just pop out of a lamp. And Doncaster and Munby weren''t bad appointments when they didn''t just pop out of a lamp. But the bigger picture goes further back than that. Smith and Jones first appointment as Chairman and then Chief Exec was Bob the Grocer. At the time we were relegation candidates and when the grocer walked away we had just lost the play-off final. It wasn''t a change in fortunes as great as the one we are experiencing now but the regime did move the club in the right direction. This was followed by the Munby and Doncaster partnership and within two years we had won the Championship by 8 points with a goal differencer of +40. We struggled in the Premier League but ultimately were only relegated on the last day. Had we have stayed up on the last day the season would have been viewed as a success. But the rot set in and the board failed to arrest the slide. From then on it all went wrong. The club failed to change direction and the board made some monumental cock ups culmilating in relegation to League One. So Smith & Jones decided to tear it up and start again.

So ultimately the mistakes weren''t poor appointments of people to run the club, more not recognoising when to change. If this has taught us anything then it''s that the most important appointments are the Executive Management. I guess they have a limited lifespan but it''s very hard to know when to walk away. Robert Chase didn''t recognise when it was time to go. Bob the Grocer did. Munby and Doncaster didn''t and the owners didn''t tell them.

In conclusion Worthy Out was a total waste of time and the wrong target. Delia Out was an even bigger waste of time and just plain wrong. Let''s hope that when the cycle goes full circle again the changes come in time to make the difference.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

I thought the late G. Watling was a fan and loved this club.  Enough to buy Chase''s shares and save the club with a loan too.

[/quote]

He also loved this club enough to recognise Smith and Jones as worthy successors.

But what you and I say is not the opinion of those "in the know" would have you believe Tangie.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Hey Lapdog,

Even you cant argue with the facts of 3rd, 4th and a 5th place finish in the top tier under Chase plus 2 FA Cup Semi Finals.

[/quote]I wouldn''t argue with you Tangy, you scare me!

[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/PaulBearer006.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]the great Robert Chase?

[/quote]Hehe!  Thats Cluckwit for you. [:D][/quote]

I personally think he''s losing his touch. He needs some new material - surely everyone is used to his blatant windups by now?!

[/quote]

He''s never been the same since he lost his wingman (or should that be lost his wingman''s password [:D]).

[/quote]

Bly Bly Babes?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]BTW. the Undertaker will be round later.

[/quote]To take you home?

[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/021-1.jpg[/IMG]