Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Delia Smith :D

Sorry for another thread, but....

Did anyone watching the game on Sky see the shot of Delia joining in with the chanting (Lambert''s Green army i believe) Really getting stuck in :D

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Sorry for another thread, but....

Did anyone watching the game on Sky see the shot of Delia joining in with the chanting (Lambert''s Green army i believe) Really getting stuck in :D[/quote]Met her before the match as part of the ''Celebration'' package (for my dad''s 60th birthday) - she was having her pre-match meal, and actually stopped mid-meal to sign autographs, pose for photos and have a chat - even got one of her friends to take a picture of all three of us together. Say what you like about Delia, but her passion for the club and its supporters is beyond doubt. I''m so glad that they hired McNally and, in turn, Lambert, or things might have got really ugly in League One. She told us that, retrospectively, she believed that relegation to League One was actually a blessing in disguise for the club; I''m a firm believer that we learn more from our failures than from our successes, and without that relegation we might have coasted along in lower-mid-table without seeing the need to make wholesale changes. I believe that relegation, and the groundswell of anti-board sentiment that followed it, caused them to seriously reassess their role, and since then we have really turned the corner. I just couldn''t see anything but an ugly ending when they appointed Gunn and we got relegated. How times have changed.

Yeah i noticed that, absolutely brilliant.

I bet you''ll never see another owner/director of a team in the directors box joining in with the singing!!

[quote user="Olski_yellows"]This message is for coelho: how do you go about buying the 60th birthday package and how much is it? It''s my dads 60th in august and what better way to surprise him :)[/quote]It''s called the ''Celebration'' package – details here:http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Hospitality/0,,10355~2155954,00.htmlStarting the OTBC chant is not included and cost extra, but was well, well worth it! If you ring the hospitality department on 01603 218219 and ask to speak to Chloe Turner, she''ll help you out – nothing was too much trouble.

[quote user="Olski_yellows"]Thanks alot mate :)[/quote]No worries – hopefully you''ll be doing it for a Premiership game in August! [:)]

Here we bloody go again.......A hint of success and the old old cook is busy milking the club she nearly ruined.Dear oh dear.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Here we bloody go again.......

A hint of success and the old old cook is busy milking the club she nearly ruined.

Dear oh dear.
[/quote]

Go point your little pecker in another direction, the NCFC fire is burning too brightly for your pathetic trickle of piss to dampen it.

Yeah and not sure if we were all listening to the same commentator as they showed here in Florida but he went Delia is mumbling something noone knows. Something along those lines, I was like she is singing the chants you idiot.

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Here we bloody go again.......A hint of success and the old old cook is busy milking the club she nearly ruined.Dear oh dear.[/quote]

Go point your little pecker in another direction, the NCFC fire is burning too brightly for your pathetic trickle of piss to dampen it.

[/quote]Sheer poetry. Raymond wins!

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]We''d have been in the shitter a long time ago if it wasn''t for Delia[/quote]To be fair, things were looking bleak until they appointed McNally and consequently Lambert. Without the experience and nous of McNally on the board we could have been in real trouble, but we''re less naive as a club these days, and it would be fantastic if their final act as majority shareholders was to take us to the promised land and then find a genuinely passionate benefactor to take us forward and sustain us in the Premiership. I''m not saying that I think they should necessarily stand down, but given the time and money they''ve invested over the years, it would be thoroughly fitting for them to go out on a high when the time comes.

Funny we never see her ugly mug when we were struggling her silence was deafening.

But just to prove i am not all negative, city were superb last night, their workrate off the ball was brilliant

been a great season what ever happens here after.

I am substantially more fond of her now she has left the running of the club to someone far more capable; namely McNally. As a fan and symbol of NCFC, I have nothing but praise for her.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Here we bloody go again.......

A hint of success and the old old cook is busy milking the club she nearly ruined.

Dear oh dear.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Sheer poetry. Raymond wins!
[/quote]

[Y][:D]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Funny we never see her ugly mug when we were struggling her silence was deafening. But just to prove i am not all negative, city were superb last night, their workrate off the ball was brilliant been a great season what ever happens here after.[/quote]

I must have missed the interview with her on the televised game last night. What''s that? There wasn''t one, you say? Only a few shots of her before, during and after the game, exactly the same as when our games were televised when we were struggling. Give it up Ricky, or go to spec-savers because you are seeing things that aren''t there.

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Funny we never see her ugly mug when we were struggling her silence was deafening. But just to prove i am not all negative, city were superb last night, their workrate off the ball was brilliant been a great season what ever happens here after.[/quote]

I must have missed the interview with her on the televised game last night. What''s that? There wasn''t one, you say? Only a few shots of her before, during and after the game, exactly the same as when our games were televised when we were struggling. Give it up Ricky, or go to spec-savers because you are seeing things that aren''t there.

[/quote]

Raymond''s on a roll today [Y]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Jin - York Canary"]We''d have been in the shitter a long time ago if it wasn''t for Delia[/quote]To be fair, things were looking bleak until they appointed McNally and consequently Lambert. Without the experience and nous of McNally on the board we could have been in real trouble, but we''re less naive as a club these days, and it would be fantastic if their final act as majority shareholders was to take us to the promised land and then find a genuinely passionate benefactor to take us forward and sustain us in the Premiership. I''m not saying that I think they should necessarily stand down, but given the time and money they''ve invested over the years, it would be thoroughly fitting for them to go out on a high when the time comes.[/quote]As long as they were ''genuinely'' passionate like Delia/MWJ/Bowkett etc then hell yes. And when I say she saved us, I mean when we were relegated from Prem the first time after Chase era. I agree things were looking bleak as anything in League One with Gunn, but at least they had the sense to appoint McNally and subsequently PL like you said. I certainly think it''d be fitting for her and MWJ to be able to sell their shares and retire peacefully and on a high with City in the Prem, but if they don''t find a passionate buyer then I won''t be gutted as long as McNally et al are in place:)

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Jin - York Canary"]We''d have been in the shitter a long time ago if it wasn''t for Delia[/quote]To be fair, things were looking bleak until they appointed McNally and consequently Lambert. Without the experience and nous of McNally on the board we could have been in real trouble, but we''re less naive as a club these days, and it would be fantastic if their final act as majority shareholders was to take us to the promised land and then find a genuinely passionate benefactor to take us forward and sustain us in the Premiership. I''m not saying that I think they should necessarily stand down, but given the time and money they''ve invested over the years, it would be thoroughly fitting for them to go out on a high when the time comes.[/quote]As long as they were ''genuinely'' passionate like Delia/MWJ/Bowkett etc then hell yes. And when I say she saved us, I mean when we were relegated from Prem the first time after Chase era. I agree things were looking bleak as anything in League One with Gunn, but at least they had the sense to appoint McNally and subsequently PL like you said. I certainly think it''d be fitting for her and MWJ to be able to sell their shares and retire peacefully and on a high with City in the Prem, but if they don''t find a passionate buyer then I won''t be gutted as long as McNally et al are in place:)[/quote]Spot on, agree with all of that.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Sorry for another thread, but.... Did anyone watching the game on Sky see the shot of Delia joining in with the chanting (Lambert''s Green army i believe) Really getting stuck in :D[/quote]
Met her before the match as part of the ''Celebration'' package (for my dad''s 60th birthday) - she was having her pre-match meal, and actually stopped mid-meal to sign autographs, pose for photos and have a chat - even got one of her friends to take a picture of all three of us together. Say what you like about Delia, but her passion for the club and its supporters is beyond doubt. I''m so glad that they hired McNally and, in turn, Lambert, or things might have got really ugly in League One. She told us that, retrospectively, she believed that relegation to League One was actually a blessing in disguise for the club; I''m a firm believer that we learn more from our failures than from our successes, and without that relegation we might have coasted along in lower-mid-table without seeing the need to make wholesale changes. I believe that relegation, and the groundswell of anti-board sentiment that followed it, caused them to seriously reassess their role, and since then we have really turned the corner. I just couldn''t see anything but an ugly ending when they appointed Gunn and we got relegated. How times have changed.
[/quote]

You''re spot on with that comment Coelho. It''s nice to see someone say what they see rather than the usual rubbish which is either made up or rumoured.

Delia really is a one off. Not because of what she has done for the club and others, because a lot of folk try to live their lives in a generous and selfless way. What makes her a one off is the way she carries on without flinching despite getting it all thrown in her face by disappointed fans. "She does it to promote herself" "She will be quids in when she clears off" "She''s devious and brought down Robert Chase" "She should splash the cash" "It''s Delia''s dolls house, trainset etc" "She''s turned the club into a laughing stock" "Relationship with Mike Walker" "Relationship with Nigel Worthington" And countless other things which are nothing more than rumour and tittle tattle spread by folk for reasons I will never understand. There''s never an ounce of evidence to back any of this stuff up but it''s trotted out as fact nonetheless.

So speak as you find and say what you see. I happened to watch a match beside Delia at Maine Road a few years ago. She lived every minute of the game, chanted every chant (minus the swear words) and showed exactly the same emotions as my daughter who sat the other side of me. Unbridled joy when we scored and visible hurt and disappointment when we conceded.

Yes what sets her apart and makes her a one-off  is her love for the club and especially the fans despite all the nastiness thrown her way when the team we all love is losing. Because I know if folk are ungrateful to me I can''t help but feel some bitterness towards them.

On the positive side there is no doubt she is a genuine and passionate supporter. At the Coventry away game this season she stood amongst us chanting away. It was sub zero temperatures and she coud easily have been in the warmth of the Coventry box.

The negative is she made a damn poor job of running the club in general and obviously listened to the wrong advice.

I agree with all the praise that Mr McNally is getting but the prime mover to the return as a professional club was Mr Bowkett. For it was he who pushed for a complete change in the boardroom and the subsequent arrival of Mr McNally.

Mr Bowkett does not seek publicity. The national media still refer to Delia as our Chairman (hate the term Chairperson!) His steady hand on the tiller and selection of crew has been simply outstanding.

This is the part of the Cluckmaster rants that I do agree with.

That''s fair enough Bury. But I don''t think you can say she''s made a damn poor job of running the club as the only time she did she appointed McNally. Has she done a damned poor job of loving the club? If you need a scapegoat then then that''s your only alternative.

Everyone makes mistakes, it''s how you deal with them that counts. Yes, Delia and MWJ need to take a large share of the responsibility for our relegation to League One, but equally they deserve their share of the praise now.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]On the positive side there is no doubt she is a genuine and passionate supporter. At the Coventry away game this season she stood amongst us chanting away. It was sub zero temperatures and she coud easily have been in the warmth of the Coventry box.

The negative is she made a damn poor job of running the club in general and obviously listened to the wrong advice.

I agree with all the praise that Mr McNally is getting but the prime mover to the return as a professional club was Mr Bowkett. For it was he who pushed for a complete change in the boardroom and the subsequent arrival of Mr McNally.

Mr Bowkett does not seek publicity. The national media still refer to Delia as our Chairman (hate the term Chairperson!) His steady hand on the tiller and selection of crew has been simply outstanding.

This is the part of the Cluckmaster rants that I do agree with.[/quote]When I was chatting with her, I said that the I felt that the appointment of McNally was a turning point, but she was at pains to point out the important role that Bowkett had played in turning our fortunes around. McNally is happy to be the ''Mr Nasty'' face of the club where required, but you do get the impression that Bowkett has a similar hard-nosed ethos, while keeping firmly out of the limelight.I think a lot of the criticism aimed at the board in the wake of relegation was justified, although there are always people who will take it too far. The criticism served its purpose, the board made refreshing changes, and the results have been nothing short of outstanding; with Bowkett and McNally making the big calls, we''re a million miles from the Doomcaster days. Onwards and upwards!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]

The prime mover to the return as a professional club was Mr Bowkett. For it was he who pushed for a complete change in the boardroom and the subsequent arrival of Mr McNally.[/quote]

This is factually wrong in every respect. It was Smith and Jones who decided immediately after relegation in May 2009 on a boardroom shake-up, locking Doncaster and Munby in a room with a bottle of brandy and loaded revolver.

They appointed McNally as CEO in June 2009 and then Bowkett was persuaded (as he said himself) by S&J to join the board as chairman. But that didn''t happen until July 2009. Phillips joined around that time as well.

The shake-up was the work of Smith and Jones, getting McNally, was the work of  Smith and Jones, and getting Bowkett was the work of Smith and Jones.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]

The prime mover to the return as a professional club was Mr Bowkett. For it was he who pushed for a complete change in the boardroom and the subsequent arrival of Mr McNally.[/quote]

This is factually wrong in every respect. It was Smith and Jones who decided immediately after relegation in May 2009 on a boardroom shake-up, locking Doncaster and Munby in a room with a bottle of brandy and loaded revolver.

They appointed McNally as CEO in June 2009 and then Bowkett was persuaded (as he said himself) by S&J to join the board as chairman. But that didn''t happen until July 2009. Phillips joined around that time as well.

The shake-up was the work of Smith and Jones, getting McNally, was the work of  Smith and Jones, and getting Bowkett was the work of Smith and Jones.

[/quote]

---

Just to be clear, it is quite true that Bowkett (and Bertram) did call for a boardroom shake-up, but there is no evidence that was what prompted it. All the evidence is that relegation prompted it. And all those decisions were taken by Smith and Jones. All their work.

Undignified and totally inappropriate from a ''club owner'' at any level. Imagine Geoffrey Watling behaving in a similar manner?.. or Arthur South or the great Robert Chase?Regarding McNally and Bowkett... they were little more than pre-administration ''administrators'' tasked with sorting out Smith''s mess. If she could have carried on without someone coming in to bail her out should would have done.And so the sheep safely graze.