Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Pretty sure we got to 2nd with who we've got right now..

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="birchfest"]just saying.

I''d have liked a decent striker to come in, but remember its the current squad that have put us in with a chance for back to back promotions. Im reading some crazy things on here about how one player could be enough to secure us promotion... yet Id say we''ve already got 11 who seem to be having a pretty good crack at it.

Feel free to flame away! [:D]
[/quote]

i would completely be happy with playing 5 in mid, if Holt gets injured we can not rely on the jackson and willibram 30 od starts and 1 goal aint good enough! Fact!
[/quote]

So in that situation you feel somebody like CMS would have done ? If you are stating the players Lambert has signed are not good enough you are indirectly slating Lambert. It has passed a lot of people by that the old guard have gone now and this is Lamberts team. From the old guard he only felt Holt Hoolahan Lappin and Martin were good enough to retain a first team place. The current team Ruddy R. Martin Ward Whitbread Tierney Lansbury Fox Crofts Surman Jackson Hoolahan and Holt ( the 12 main players ) ( and dont forget he was trying to sign Holt before we did ) are 10 of his signings.  Should we not go up what we have acheived is amazing, however lots of you alreaady seem to be loading your guns pointing at the reason for not getting promoted was that we did not have good enough strikers. Do that IMO at your own peril because I reckon if people start moaning if we dont go up Lambert will walk. This team deserve our support 100% whoever they are as it is them who have acheived the near impossible.

[/quote]

You are completely missing the point as usual, no is not supporting the team.. we pay our money to go home and away! We could only dream of being in this position at the start of the season!
we are here so we need to push....Facts stand Jackson and Wilbraham have only scored 1 in 30 od games, they arent good enough and although i wouldnt want to dampen there spirits they could not step in for Holt....its an important time and no time to trail players that arent good enough.....
we have to push for the prem and remember we are here on merit and we are good enough...so lets do it!
[/quote]

Firstly your figures on Wilbraham and Jackson are incorrect and I dont really see where I have missed the point. The reaason we are not miles clear in second is the amount of goals we conceed at home not the amount of goals we score. My post says they deserve your support whoever they are not you dont support the team. Can you really think of anyother teams fans that if second in the championship would slate all but one of their forwards. IMO Lambert is trying to sign a forward due to injuries. Signing CMS now may get us promoted no garuntees but could you really see Holt and CMS scoring enough goals to keep us in the premiership ?  Football is a team game and it really does not matter who scores.

[/quote]

This is not about slating players this is about being good enough to play for a team... crist these guys get 5-10 grand a week!
Jackson 31 games 4 goals
Wilbraham 13 games 1 goal
These are facts, we are in a position if we paid 7 million for CMS it wouldnt matter, the point is 2 million is there for players if we didnt go up we would pay the extra! You have to risk at this stage.....
No one is arguing we havent got a class team.. i just want the best out of the next 9 games! CMS with his work rate and 27 goals and his assists is the bit we need.
[/quote]

No way on earth has Jackson started 31 games. Stop making a fool of yourself [:D]

Well according to the Pink Uns Appearances charts Simeon Jackson has 30 in the league and 32 in total , surprising .

[quote user="alysha"]the figures would be appearences, not starts[/quote]

Yep, Mac''s clearly put ''starts'' in his reply to Canary Charge - Someone''s trying to make the figures look misleading by making it look like a full 30 odd games. If certain sections actually got off SJ''s back i''m sure he''d have done better than he has...

"Can I just point out we''re the 5th highest scoring team at home, and the joint 3rd highest scoring team away from home"

Oh dear, a whiff of reasoned debate is drifting towards the mass hysteria of stupidity - an hysteria lead by the hordes of happy clappies who routinely clutter up this forum with their witless drivel.

That we might be doing something right, as witnessed by the goals tally listed above or our current league position seems to have been overlooked by these dimwits. As has the idea that Lambert might be getting his team to play in a slightly different fashion to the what these simpletons expect.

Maybe the idea that almost any outfield player can score is beyond their comprehension, as that Lamberts coaching methods and strategy might be aimed at that direction also.

For them Holt is not a one off. Not somebody whom the tactics of the day maybe adapted to him being on the pitch ... or not. Nope for the happy clappies he is a striker. Get another, like a spare tyre (no pun) and all will be well. After all I''m sure it has never occured to Lambert or the coaching staff that Holt might be out injured or suspended (red card) and so the team should be able to play another way. Or there maybe a plan B whereby Hoolahan is not playing/available and so Holt and the rest of the team have to adapt and play using different tactics.

But then it doesn''t need me to point out the stupidity of these numpties, they do it well enough themselves. Anyone who can back an argument by claiming that Jackson has played 30 games for us this season has either not watched any games or more likely is not too familiar with the club.

Maybe that explains their stupidity.

even if Martin is back soon, what makes anyone think he will do fcuk all, he''s done nothing all season.

Going back to the OP because i''ve just read pages of mostly complete to$$.

Yup the current squad got Norwich to where they are now. However Lambert has repeatedly stated he wants another player (or more) but can''t get the right player via the loan market. This is his next option, buying CMS.

CMS is an insurance policy, if he can support Holt better than the current options available by getting some goals or provide opportunities for others to score and get us promoted hes worth it. Additionally his arrival will put pressure on the other players positions and keep them focused on pushing themselves to the end.

If we don''t get promoted we have two quality strikers for next season, the midfield is sorted and that leaves the defence, our achiles heel this season to sort in the close season.

Why the need for drivel about Chris Martin, Jackson and Wilbraham (spelling) i don''t know. They are simply not as prolific as CMS would be therefore he is a better option.

I am sorry but Chris Martin is quality, we just need him back with some hunger and a clear head......... It is that simple. Don''t get me wrong I would have happily welcomed (and wanted CMS) but not at the price they wanted!

[quote user="Rob Sims"]

Going back to the OP because i''ve just read pages of mostly complete to$$.

Yup the current squad got Norwich to where they are now. However Lambert has repeatedly stated he wants another player (or more) but can''t get the right player via the loan market. This is his next option, buying CMS.

CMS is an insurance policy, if he can support Holt better than the current options available by getting some goals or provide opportunities for others to score and get us promoted hes worth it. Additionally his arrival will put pressure on the other players positions and keep them focused on pushing themselves to the end.

If we don''t get promoted we have two quality strikers for next season, the midfield is sorted and that leaves the defence, our achiles heel this season to sort in the close season.

Why the need for drivel about Chris Martin, Jackson and Wilbraham (spelling) i don''t know. They are simply not as prolific as CMS would be therefore he is a better option.

[/quote]There is still no proof that he would be, we can only predict, remember Chris Martin was on fire last season....

[quote]

There is still no proof that he would be, we can only predict, remember Chris Martin was on fire last season....
[/quote]

No, there are never any guarentees, but what we DO KNOW is Jackson and Wilbraham WONT do what we hope CMS could do.

Last season!!! What use is that in the last 9 games of this season. Drogba scored a few goals last season but right now he''s just a piece of meat running around the pitch slowly..with malaria.

[quote user="NRGUK"]I am sorry but Chris Martin is quality, we just need him back with some hunger and a clear head......... It is that simple. Don''t get me wrong I would have happily welcomed (and wanted CMS) but not at the price they wanted!
[/quote]

And not be injured... and be match fit...and score goals. None of which he seems to have done this entire season, and none of which i think will happen in the remaining 9games. Sadly.

[quote user="Rob Sims"]

[quote user="NRGUK"]I am sorry but Chris Martin is quality, we just need him back with some hunger and a clear head......... It is that simple. Don''t get me wrong I would have happily welcomed (and wanted CMS) but not at the price they wanted![/quote]

And not be injured... and be match fit...and score goals. None of which he seems to have done this entire season, and none of which i think will happen in the remaining 9games. Sadly.

[/quote]I think he will do something for us this season.....He is the type of player you want on the pitch and when things are firing he is flying. Unlike others he has shown us his quality and depth!

There was a gamble if we had spent a lot on CMS, but equally there is a gamble if we don''t - an injury or suspension involving Holt and we become toothless to some extent.

The riski involved in carrying on with what we have has diminshed for various reasons:

1) new signings have improved our prospects - Lansbury, Tierney and probably Wilbraham. (To these we should add the recovery of Surman and Whitbread and the growing confidence of Fox, as virtually new players.)

The squad is much stronger in ability now.( I have not mentioned Barnett is he will not play again this season.)

2) Earlier season defensive uncertainty has lagely gone, and players who were with us before last summer are playing at a consistently high level - Hooly, Holt (once fully fit again), Martin R.

Much of this is from confidence emerging from success. Most of the team came from lower divisions and are discovering that they can play at this level.

The key is confidence and a deep respect and willingness to play for each other and for PL.

ADD THE TWO TOGETHER, and it is not difficult to see why we create more scoring chances that any in our division.

Above all, we are a much better side than we were in the early days of the season. We have still not quite found out how to play against uncompromising lower-placed sides who come to CR to defend, but we are a match for anyone else and capable of winning.

The wheel could always come off, from injuries or suspensions to key players, from referees and from flukes, but the presence of a new on loan striker however good would probably not make much difference.

[quote]

I think he will do something for us this season.....He is the type of player you want on the pitch and when things are firing he is flying. Unlike others he has shown us his quality and depth!
[/quote]

Hope you''re right. I desperately want Norwich to make it into the Premiership, clear some debt, invest a bit in the playing squad, in all likelyhood the best we can achieve is yoyo status but would love a permanent return.

I think CMS will be a norwich city player before next weekend. If he''s not it really is down to Martin, Wilbraham and Jackson to turn up. I think if we get a total of 5 points in the 3 games against Swansea, Forest and this weekend, Hull we will be promoted.

Cmon you YELLOWS!