Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Pretty sure we got to 2nd with who we've got right now..

just saying.

I''d have liked a decent striker to come in, but remember its the current squad that have put us in with a chance for back to back promotions. Im reading some crazy things on here about how one player could be enough to secure us promotion... yet Id say we''ve already got 11 who seem to be having a pretty good crack at it. Feel free to flame away! [:D]

[quote user="birchfest"]just saying.

I''d have liked a decent striker to come in, but remember its the current squad that have put us in with a chance for back to back promotions. Im reading some crazy things on here about how one player could be enough to secure us promotion... yet Id say we''ve already got 11 who seem to be having a pretty good crack at it. Feel free to flame away! [:D][/quote]i would completely be happy with playing 5 in mid, if Holt gets injured we can not rely on the jackson and willibram 30 od starts and 1 goal aint good enough! Fact!

....and let''s not forget Martin should be back this weekend, or soon at worst. Seem''s to be forgotten i think in all the excitement.

One decent striker could be the difference between 3 points and all those home draws against the poorer clubs , its a bit much to keep expecting the midfielders to pull us out of the brown stuff match after match . Its all about giving yourselves the best chance possible , that''s why Swansea got a striker in today . Last 9 games coming up how many goals do we think Jackson and Wilbraham will chip in with ? i will go for 2 and i wouldnt be too optimistic of that .

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="birchfest"]just saying.

I''d have liked a decent striker to come in, but remember its the current squad that have put us in with a chance for back to back promotions. Im reading some crazy things on here about how one player could be enough to secure us promotion... yet Id say we''ve already got 11 who seem to be having a pretty good crack at it. Feel free to flame away! [:D][/quote]i would completely be happy with playing 5 in mid, if Holt gets injured we can not rely on the jackson and willibram 30 od starts and 1 goal aint good enough! Fact! [/quote]Thats always a possibilty, but no more so than signing a player and them being injured straight away... burnely have given us a perfect example of that with Charlie Austin.I know ive stated the obvious, but reading some of the stuff on here in the other threads I cant help but feel sometimes it needs to be said to give abit of context!10 minutes after the bristol games it wasnt a new signing that we were talking about, but instead how we were going after QPR qith who we''ve already got!

[quote user="Alex"]....and let''s not forget Martin should be back this weekend, or soon at worst. Seem''s to be forgotten i think in all the excitement.[/quote]

Yay Martin [:D] we''ve been missing him in the starting team recently as he''s such a prolific scorer haha

[quote user="Ben "]

[quote user="Alex"]....and let''s not forget Martin should be back this weekend, or soon at worst. Seem''s to be forgotten i think in all the excitement.[/quote]

Yay Martin [:D] we''ve been missing him in the starting team recently as he''s such a prolific scorer haha

[/quote]

I didn''t mean him as prolific likle Holty, but he does arguably chip in with crucial goals Benito ;)

[quote user="Ncfc"]One decent striker could be the difference between 3 points and all those home draws against the poorer clubs , its a bit much to keep expecting the midfielders to pull us out of the brown stuff match after match . Its all about giving yourselves the best chance possible , that''s why Swansea got a striker in today . Last 9 games coming up how many goals do we think Jackson and Wilbraham will chip in with ? i will go for 2 and i wouldnt be too optimistic of that .[/quote]

this is exactly my point! we have got ourselves into a position we could have only dreamed about at the start! its time to realise it and push for the prem!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Alex, who said he would be back at the weekend? I thought it was April he was coming back?[/quote]

Might be my error mate, had a feeling i heard the other day he might be back this weekend? I''m sure someone the other day started another conspiracy thread (that was deleted) about Martin that stemmed from the fact Lambert mentioned the other day that Martin could unexpectedly be available for the weekend, having already said he was out to April - I dunno, must be imagining it!..

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Can I just point out we''re the 5th highest scoring team at home, and the joint 3rd highest scoring team away from home?Thanks.[/quote]no one is debating  this, our midfield is class.. ill point out 30 od starts 1 goal.....wilbraham and jackson! Thanks!

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Can I just point out we''re the 5th highest scoring team at home, and the joint 3rd highest scoring team away from home?Thanks.[/quote]no one is debating  this, our midfield is class.. ill point out 30 od starts 1 goal.....wilbraham and jackson! Thanks! [/quote]team

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Can I just point out we''re the 5th highest scoring team at home, and the joint 3rd highest scoring team away from home?Thanks.[/quote]And third highest scorers overall.But then, why let something inconvenient like facts get in the way when you could have good old fashioned hysteria?

I''d have liked a decent striker to come in, but remember its the current squad that have put us in with a chance for back to back promotions. Im reading some crazy things on here about how one player could be enough to secure us promotion... yet Id say we''ve already got 11 who seem to be having a pretty good crack at it.

Feel free to flame away! [:D]
[/quote]

i would completely be happy with playing 5 in mid, if Holt gets injured we can not rely on the jackson and willibram 30 od starts and 1 goal aint good enough! Fact!
[/quote]

So in that situation you feel somebody like CMS would have done ? If you are stating the players Lambert has signed are not good enough you are indirectly slating Lambert. It has passed a lot of people by that the old guard have gone now and this is Lamberts team. From the old guard he only felt Holt Hoolahan Lappin and Martin were good enough to retain a first team place. The current team Ruddy R. Martin Ward Whitbread Tierney Lansbury Fox Crofts Surman Jackson Hoolahan and Holt ( the 12 main players ) ( and dont forget he was trying to sign Holt before we did ) are 10 of his signings.  Should we not go up what we have acheived is amazing, however lots of you alreaady seem to be loading your guns pointing at the reason for not getting promoted was that we did not have good enough strikers. Do that IMO at your own peril because I reckon if people start moaning if we dont go up Lambert will walk. This team deserve our support 100% whoever they are as it is them who have acheived the near impossible.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Can I just point out we''re the 5th highest scoring team at home, and the joint 3rd highest scoring team away from home?Thanks.[/quote]no one is debating  this, our midfield is class.. ill point out 30 od starts 1 goal.....wilbraham and jackson! Thanks! [/quote]team [/quote]

I''m firmly in the ''CMS is not worth £3m'' camp, but you are wildly missing the point here Chops, people are concerned about what would happen should Holt pick up an injury or a suspension.

Whenever Holt hasn''t played we don''t look like winning, if that were to happen in the next 9 games our promotion chances could well go down the toilet.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Can I just point out we''re the 5th highest scoring team at home, and the joint 3rd highest scoring team away from home?Thanks.[/quote]no one is debating  this, our midfield is class.. ill point out 30 od starts 1 goal.....wilbraham and jackson! Thanks! [/quote]team [/quote]

I''m firmly in the ''CMS is not worth £3m'' camp, but you are wildly missing the point here Chops, people are concerned about what would happen should Holt pick up an injury or a suspension.

Whenever Holt hasn''t played we don''t look like winning, if that were to happen in the next 9 games our promotion chances could well go down the toilet.[/quote]No they''re not, or they''d be talking about bringing in a target man/centre-forward/hold-up player and not the "goalscorer we desperately need".Your point about Holt is reasonable but let''s not kid ourselves, this is all about a perceived shortage of forwards who score goals and nothing more.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Alex, who said he would be back at the weekend? I thought it was April he was coming back?[/quote]

If you are talking about Chris Martin he may be risked on the bench this saturday ( but a bit of a risk ) but as I understand it he will defenitely be back for the Scunthorpe game providing no reaccurence.

[quote user="Ncfc"]One decent striker could be the difference between 3 points and all those home draws against the poorer clubs , its a bit much to keep expecting the midfielders to pull us out of the brown stuff match after match . Its all about giving yourselves the best chance possible , that''s why Swansea got a striker in today . Last 9 games coming up how many goals do we think Jackson and Wilbraham will chip in with ? i will go for 2 and i wouldnt be too optimistic of that .
[/quote]

So its nothing to do with the fact that only six teams have conceeded more goals than us and 4 of those are the bottom 3 and Boro who are 5 from bottom. Swansea have only conceeded 7 at home their problem has been scoring goals.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]
No they''re not, or they''d be talking about bringing in a target man/centre-forward/hold-up player and not the "goalscorer we desperately need".

Your point about Holt is reasonable but let''s not kid ourselves, this is all about a perceived shortage of forwards who score goals and nothing more.
[/quote]

I suppose it was somewhat foolish to try and speak on behalf of many, but in my opinion (and I''m sure Lambert''s too) this bid was more about being an insurance policy and relieving some of the pressure that is bound to be building on his battle weary squad, although after last years exploits I think they are more than capable of handling it. We will only be desperate if Holt picks up an injury and this is where Posh have misread our situation.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Ncfc"]One decent striker could be the difference between 3 points and all those home draws against the poorer clubs , its a bit much to keep expecting the midfielders to pull us out of the brown stuff match after match . Its all about giving yourselves the best chance possible , that''s why Swansea got a striker in today . Last 9 games coming up how many goals do we think Jackson and Wilbraham will chip in with ? i will go for 2 and i wouldnt be too optimistic of that .
[/quote]

So its nothing to do with the fact that only six teams have conceeded more goals than us and 4 of those are the bottom 3 and Boro who are 5 from bottom. Swansea have only conceeded 7 at home their problem has been scoring goals.

[/quote]

Meant to say six teams at home

CANARY CHARGE where are you getting your facts from? It''s certainly not some where reliable as Jackson has scored 4 goals this season and Wilbraham 1 in a combined total of 20 starts.

So please stop spouting rubbish and claiming it''s a "fact".

Davo

Mister Chops wrote:

No they''re not, or they''d be talking about bringing in a target man/centre-forward/hold-up player and not the "goalscorer we desperately need".

Your point about Holt is reasonable but let''s not kid ourselves, this is all about a perceived shortage of forwards who score goals and nothing more.

I suppose it was somewhat foolish to try and speak on behalf of many, but in my opinion (and I''m sure Lambert''s too) this bid was more about being an insurance policy and relieving some of the pressure that is bound to be building on his battle weary squad, although after last years exploits I think they are more than capable of handling it. We will only be desperate if Holt picks up an injury and this is where Posh have misread our situation.

I think that an extra player whois decent will be worth a lot for the squad. As you pointed out Mr B is an insurance policy and it must be able to push the rest on, knowing that they will have to perform even better. Lets not forget the superb man management that PL, IC and others have, this will negate any ill feelings potentially for the new player(s)

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

I''d have liked a decent striker to come in, but remember its the current squad that have put us in with a chance for back to back promotions. Im reading some crazy things on here about how one player could be enough to secure us promotion... yet Id say we''ve already got 11 who seem to be having a pretty good crack at it. Feel free to flame away! [:D][/quote]i would completely be happy with playing 5 in mid, if Holt gets injured we can not rely on the jackson and willibram 30 od starts and 1 goal aint good enough! Fact! [/quote]

So in that situation you feel somebody like CMS would have done ? If you are stating the players Lambert has signed are not good enough you are indirectly slating Lambert. It has passed a lot of people by that the old guard have gone now and this is Lamberts team. From the old guard he only felt Holt Hoolahan Lappin and Martin were good enough to retain a first team place. The current team Ruddy R. Martin Ward Whitbread Tierney Lansbury Fox Crofts Surman Jackson Hoolahan and Holt ( the 12 main players ) ( and dont forget he was trying to sign Holt before we did ) are 10 of his signings.  Should we not go up what we have acheived is amazing, however lots of you alreaady seem to be loading your guns pointing at the reason for not getting promoted was that we did not have good enough strikers. Do that IMO at your own peril because I reckon if people start moaning if we dont go up Lambert will walk. This team deserve our support 100% whoever they are as it is them who have acheived the near impossible.

[/quote]

You are completely missing the point as usual, no is not supporting the team.. we pay our money to go home and away! We could only dream of being in this position at the start of the season! we are here so we need to push....Facts stand Jackson and Wilbraham have only scored 1 in 30 od games, they arent good enough and although i wouldnt want to dampen there spirits they could not step in for Holt....its an important time and no time to trail players that arent good enough.....we have to push for the prem and remember we are here on merit and we are good enough...so lets do it!

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

I''d have liked a decent striker to come in, but remember its the current squad that have put us in with a chance for back to back promotions. Im reading some crazy things on here about how one player could be enough to secure us promotion... yet Id say we''ve already got 11 who seem to be having a pretty good crack at it.

[/quote]

i would completely be happy with playing 5 in mid, if Holt gets injured we can not rely on the jackson and willibram 30 od starts and 1 goal aint good enough! Fact!
[/quote]

[/quote]

You are completely missing the point as usual, no is not supporting the team.. we pay our money to go home and away! We could only dream of being in this position at the start of the season!
we are here so we need to push....Facts stand Jackson and Wilbraham have only scored 1 in 30 od games, they arent good enough and although i wouldnt want to dampen there spirits they could not step in for Holt....its an important time and no time to trail players that arent good enough.....
we have to push for the prem and remember we are here on merit and we are good enough...so lets do it!
[/quote]

Firstly your figures on Wilbraham and Jackson are incorrect and I dont really see where I have missed the point. The reaason we are not miles clear in second is the amount of goals we conceed at home not the amount of goals we score. My post says they deserve your support whoever they are not you dont support the team. Can you really think of anyother teams fans that if second in the championship would slate all but one of their forwards. IMO Lambert is trying to sign a forward due to injuries. Signing CMS now may get us promoted no garuntees but could you really see Holt and CMS scoring enough goals to keep us in the premiership ?  Football is a team game and it really does not matter who scores.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Can I just point out we''re the 5th highest scoring team at home, and the joint 3rd highest scoring team away from home?Thanks.[/quote]And third highest scorers overall.But then, why let something inconvenient like facts get in the way when you could have good old fashioned hysteria?[/quote]Didn''t you two get the memo? Only goals scored by strikers count. We''ve actually only scored twenty five goals all season and are battling relegation [:''(][;)]

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

I''d have liked a decent striker to come in, but remember its the current squad that have put us in with a chance for back to back promotions. Im reading some crazy things on here about how one player could be enough to secure us promotion... yet Id say we''ve already got 11 who seem to be having a pretty good crack at it. Feel free to flame away! [:D][/quote]i would completely be happy with playing 5 in mid, if Holt gets injured we can not rely on the jackson and willibram 30 od starts and 1 goal aint good enough! Fact! [/quote]

[/quote]

You are completely missing the point as usual, no is not supporting the team.. we pay our money to go home and away! We could only dream of being in this position at the start of the season! we are here so we need to push....Facts stand Jackson and Wilbraham have only scored 1 in 30 od games, they arent good enough and although i wouldnt want to dampen there spirits they could not step in for Holt....its an important time and no time to trail players that arent good enough.....we have to push for the prem and remember we are here on merit and we are good enough...so lets do it! [/quote]

Firstly your figures on Wilbraham and Jackson are incorrect and I dont really see where I have missed the point. The reaason we are not miles clear in second is the amount of goals we conceed at home not the amount of goals we score. My post says they deserve your support whoever they are not you dont support the team. Can you really think of anyother teams fans that if second in the championship would slate all but one of their forwards. IMO Lambert is trying to sign a forward due to injuries. Signing CMS now may get us promoted no garuntees but could you really see Holt and CMS scoring enough goals to keep us in the premiership ?  Football is a team game and it really does not matter who scores.

[/quote]

This is not about slating players this is about being good enough to play for a team... crist these guys get 5-10 grand a week! Jackson 31 games 4 goalsWilbraham 13 games 1 goalThese are facts, we are in a position if we paid 7 million for CMS it wouldnt matter, the point is 2 million is there for players if we didnt go up we would pay the extra! You have to risk at this stage.....No one is arguing we havent got a class team.. i just want the best out of the next 9 games! CMS with his work rate and 27 goals and his assists is the bit we need.

Chris Martin 4 , so thats 9 goals in total all season from our 2nd ,3rd and 4th strikers , thats worse than useless whoever you play for .

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Can I just point out we''re the 5th highest scoring team at home, and the joint 3rd highest scoring team away from home?

Thanks.

[/quote]

no one is debating  this, our midfield is class.. ill point out 30 od starts 1 goal.....wilbraham and jackson!

Thanks!
[/quote]

Are you sure that Wilbraham and Jackson have made 30 odd starts? Haven''t checked but that sounds way off to me. Also, are you really suggesting that we should take your opinion over Lambert''s or McNally''s? [:D] 

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are completely missing the point as usual, no is not supporting the team.. we pay our money to go home and away! We could only dream of being in this position at the start of the season!
we are here so we need to push....Facts stand Jackson and Wilbraham have only scored 1 in 30 od games, they arent good enough and although i wouldnt want to dampen there spirits they could not step in for Holt....its an important time and no time to trail players that arent good enough.....
we have to push for the prem and remember we are here on merit and we are good enough...so lets do it!
[/quote]

[/quote]

This is not about slating players this is about being good enough to play for a team... crist these guys get 5-10 grand a week!
Jackson 31 games 4 goals
Wilbraham 13 games 1 goal
These are facts, we are in a position if we paid 7 million for CMS it wouldnt matter, the point is 2 million is there for players if we didnt go up we would pay the extra! You have to risk at this stage.....
No one is arguing we havent got a class team.. i just want the best out of the next 9 games! CMS with his work rate and 27 goals and his assists is the bit we need.
[/quote]

No way on earth has Jackson started 31 games. Stop making a fool of yourself [:D]